Reload this Page >

Relocate or stay in North Ireland

Relocate or stay in North Ireland

Old May 2nd 2024, 6:55 am
Just Joined

Busybee123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Relocate or stay in North Ireland

Hi
so looking for advice please, no unpleasant comments please.
Family of 5, Australian citizens(naturalised)
lived in WA for 8 years , had two child there, lovely life, moved home thinking we’d have close family connections in 2018.. this didn’t happen. Always longed for life back in Perth. Opportunity came up to get relocated back , excellent jobs, excellent salary, rental etc couldn’t have been easier. I got cold feet in the end and cancelled move based on education. My kids are 9,6 and thriving at school , I read soo many articles saying education isn’t good in WA compared to uk system. I hope my kids continue to do well in school(who knows). My life here is ok, I live rural, haven’t many friends , live rural, all I do is work , work and some gym classes. I do have holidays etc to Europe but I just imagine I’d be better living my old life of sun , sea , sand, yoga on the beach, scenic runs, dining out in nice restaurants, groups, gyms etc. I’m sure the kids would love it too, they are also happy here but love when spring arrives . I’d love to wake up to a blue sky again every morning and go to parks.
We don’t have a close extended family in Northern Irel., everyone doing their own thing. becoming more distant as the years go by which is sad. We are isolated and I need to commute 90 min for work and stay overnight.

we do have a good set up here ,I’m just wondering am I stupid basis my move on education as it’s the only thing I see keeping me here. I could be wrong and I’m not fully appreciating what I have here.
Hubby says he would be happy anywhere and doesn’t mind. 9 year old would like to move(but I’m sure he doesn’t fully realise)

Has anyone been in a similar situation?

thank you in ad and please be kind😊
Old May 2nd 2024, 7:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Relocate or stay in North Ireland

Loads of people who are in same boat as you
Look at the Returning to UK section where people have moved back to UK and are now regretting it - not all , but some.

Last edited by SanDiegogirl; May 2nd 2024 at 7:54 am.
Old May 2nd 2024, 7:47 am
Just Joined

Busybee123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you, still learning how to use this forum😊
Old May 4th 2024, 10:46 am
Just Joined

elad76 is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't hesitate to come back! I've moved back twice in the last 30 yrs and regretted it both times, it's a difficult situation.
I started out in Perth in 1996 after backpacking for a couple of years 1994-95. I chased the summers and found work easily back then as a toolmaker in Perth WA and Preston, UK. I got PR in 1998 but only lasted 6 months in Perth, I felted isolated even though I had distant Scottish relatives in Perth.
I moved to Adelaide and although the summers seem shorter than Perth's I much preferred it as a old style English city.
I have lived in Brisbane too for 7 years too but I returned to Adelaide and here I'll stay with my young family(foreign wife of 8 years).Brisbane was very humid in summer and the mosquito's are terrible. Having said that I do miss the winter months in Brisbane as it's only cool/cold at night for 6 weeks.
I do often look at Perths long warm autumn weather in the mid to high 20's, as Adelaide goes from the hot summer weather in March to the very cool to cold nights in April/May. June and July can be horrible but in August the warmth creeps back slowly.
On a positive for you, Perth's house prices are now the best in the country as the once cheapest city Adelaide has gone ridiculous thanks the daft Albo Labour government letting the wealthy greedy Chinese and Indians flood in.
Anyhow, good luck, just get back here and get settled and forget the extended family,it's your life!
Old May 4th 2024, 1:17 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
Loads of people who are in same boat as you
Look at the Returning to UK section where people have moved back to UK and are now regretting it - not all , but some.
Equally there are many of us who are glad we came home
Old May 4th 2024, 1:49 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Yes i'm sure there are. But with horrific crime being committed in the UK by illegal and legal Muslim Middle Easterners, Africans and Pakistanis etc on white British women, children and pensioners they must miss the relative peace of Australia if we exclude the problems of Western Sydney!
I'm moving out of the city metro area to escape our Labour governments flood of wealthy Chinese and Indians making house prices ridiculously expensive and driving around the city alongside them, hell.
So Port Elliot/Victor Harbour on our south coast will be home, were it is totally civilised white European Australians living in harmony with basic amenities, a step back in time slightly, bliss!
We didn't listen to Enoch Powell did we!
Old May 4th 2024, 3:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elad76
Yes i'm sure there are. But with horrific crime being committed in the UK by illegal and legal Muslim Middle Easterners, Africans and Pakistanis etc on white British women, children and pensioners they must miss the relative peace of Australia if we exclude the problems of Western Sydney!
I'm moving out of the city metro area to escape our Labour governments flood of wealthy Chinese and Indians making house prices ridiculously expensive and driving around the city alongside them, hell.
So Port Elliot/Victor Harbour on our south coast will be home, were it is totally civilised white European Australians living in harmony with basic amenities, a step back in time slightly, bliss!
Crime levels are not so different from UK. In fact pretty much on par. But I agree the intake of over half a million immigrants, mostly from developing world, in one year, will change Australia forever. My beef being, Australia is probably the easiest country for the ease to laundry illegally obtained money , for example organised crime from Asia or indeed elsewhere , out bid Australians at most every level and continue illegal activity here. Drug issues are rife and I would say the biggest threat to our democracy. Regardless of race, but that should not be over looked. The rise of greed all too obvious and the rest is rather self evident, for any one that can see it as an issue. Many don't. We have a too compliant media and I'm not sure if harmony can be obtained without a lot of lucre these days or get left sadly behind.
Old May 4th 2024, 7:57 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

You've been reading the 'Daily Mail' and the 'Sun' haven't you, and relying on Tory biased News, all of which is run by people living in other countries and paying no tax in the UK. The current Government run by a multimillionaire wants to keep things that way and is running the country down. It's not as bad as they, and you, are saying by any means.
Old May 4th 2024, 11:43 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I can assure you I am more at peace back home than I was at any point during my 19 years in Australia - and I never went near western Sydney!

Originally Posted by mikelincs
You've been reading the 'Daily Mail' and the 'Sun' haven't you, and relying on Tory biased News, all of which is run by people living in other countries and paying no tax in the UK. The current Government run by a multimillionaire wants to keep things that way and is running the country down. It's not as bad as they, and you, are saying by any means.
You said it better than I could!
Old May 5th 2024, 10:41 am
Just Joined

I truly hope you are correct!
Old May 5th 2024, 10:46 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pollyana
It sounds like you had a rough time of it here. Did you try a few different states/cities/towns as I did? Mind you I was single with a trade 20-30 yrs ago so it was easy to move around. Each city has it's pros and cons! I've found decent balance in Adelaide.
Old May 5th 2024, 12:32 pm
Home and Happy

It sounds like you had a rough time of it here. Did you try a few different states/cities/towns as I did? Mind you I was single with a trade 20-30 yrs ago so it was easy to move around. Each city has it's pros and cons! I've found decent balance in Adelaide.
Would've been a waste of time and money. Once I realised I disliked much about living in Australia I stayed for one reason only - I had an excellent well-paid job which I could not have done anywhere else, either in Aus or in the UK. Hence I stayed whilst the job fitted the bill, then I came home to relax.
Old May 6th 2024, 9:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Mist papers are biased one way or the other ie Mirror, Guardian Left, Mail, Express right, I do not read papers I see what effects my way of living/life and then react on that, migration should be controlled no matter which country alas that is not happening. Certain areas of countries can have a very different outlook/standard of living, education /crime-policing/health services compared to other parts of the country so when one person may put their country/area another person will have a completely different view.
Old May 6th 2024, 9:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Don't hesitate to come back! I've moved back twice in the last 30 yrs and regretted it both times, it's a difficult situation.
I started out in Perth in 1996 after backpacking for a couple of years 1994-95. I chased the summers and found work easily back then as a toolmaker in Perth WA and Preston, UK. I got PR in 1998 but only lasted 6 months in Perth, I felted isolated even though I had distant Scottish relatives in Perth.
I moved to Adelaide and although the summers seem shorter than Perth's I much preferred it as a old style English city.
I have lived in Brisbane too for 7 years too but I returned to Adelaide and here I'll stay with my young family(foreign wife of 8 years).Brisbane was very humid in summer and the mosquito's are terrible. Having said that I do miss the winter months in Brisbane as it's only cool/cold at night for 6 weeks.
I do often look at Perths long warm autumn weather in the mid to high 20's, as Adelaide goes from the hot summer weather in March to the very cool to cold nights in April/May. June and July can be horrible but in August the warmth creeps back slowly.
On a positive for you, Perth's house prices are now the best in the country as the once cheapest city Adelaide has gone ridiculous thanks the daft Albo Labour government letting the wealthy greedy Chinese and Indians flood in.
Anyhow, good luck, just get back here and get settled and forget the extended family,it's your life!
Perth WA house prices are through the roof, my last home is now worth $1 million 😮 little units I. The same area (without gardens but parking) $690,000 how can normal everyday people afford that?
Old May 6th 2024, 9:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Busybee123
Hi
so looking for advice please, no unpleasant comments please.
Family of 5, Australian citizens(naturalised)
lived in WA for 8 years , had two child there, lovely life, moved home thinking we’d have close family connections in 2018.. this didn’t happen. Always longed for life back in Perth. Opportunity came up to get relocated back , excellent jobs, excellent salary, rental etc couldn’t have been easier. I got cold feet in the end and cancelled move based on education. My kids are 9,6 and thriving at school , I read soo many articles saying education isn’t good in WA compared to uk system. I hope my kids continue to do well in school(who knows). My life here is ok, I live rural, haven’t many friends , live rural, all I do is work , work and some gym classes. I do have holidays etc to Europe but I just imagine I’d be better living my old life of sun , sea , sand, yoga on the beach, scenic runs, dining out in nice restaurants, groups, gyms etc. I’m sure the kids would love it too, they are also happy here but love when spring arrives . I’d love to wake up to a blue sky again every morning and go to parks.
We don’t have a close extended family in Northern Irel., everyone doing their own thing. becoming more distant as the years go by which is sad. We are isolated and I need to commute 90 min for work and stay overnight.

we do have a good set up here ,I’m just wondering am I stupid basis my move on education as it’s the only thing I see keeping me here. I could be wrong and I’m not fully appreciating what I have here.
Hubby says he would be happy anywhere and doesn’t mind. 9 year old would like to move(but I’m sure he doesn’t fully realise)

Has anyone been in a similar situation?

thank you in ad and please be kind😊
If you are not happy and can afford to move and have the same standard of living you enjoy then return back to Australia, if Perth was a good fit for you and the only thing stopping you is your children’s education (I know the worry our eldest was at a fab school in England he loved his primary school and was very popular) you can always send your children to a private school in Perth. Good luck

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.