Rego worries

Old Apr 5th 2005, 6:49 am
WA country gal

freckles is a name known to allfreckles is a name known to allfreckles is a name known to allfreckles is a name known to allfreckles is a name known to allfreckles is a name known to allfreckles is a name known to allfreckles is a name known to allfreckles is a name known to allfreckles is a name known to allfreckles is a name known to all
Default Rego worries

Hi guys,
we are still wrestling with some rego questions. Could anyone please help us? We are going to buy an exrental campervan. We have the choice to either buy it in Qld where it is registered, or in Melbourne, where it will be sold unregistered. Because we will base ourselves in Victoria during our travels it sounds easier to just buy the unregistered van in Melbourne, go to VicRoads and get it registered. How much will that cost in fees and stamp duty? The other option is to buy the van with Qld plates in Brisbane, then drive to Melbourne and get it registered as a Vic car, with new plates and all. Will we have to pay stamp duty then too? Which is the cheaper option?
Please help us!
Thanks so much.
Old Apr 5th 2005, 2:01 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Rego worries

Originally Posted by freckles
Hi guys,
we are still wrestling with some rego questions. Could anyone please help us? We are going to buy an exrental campervan. We have the choice to either buy it in Qld where it is registered, or in Melbourne, where it will be sold unregistered. Because we will base ourselves in Victoria during our travels it sounds easier to just buy the unregistered van in Melbourne, go to VicRoads and get it registered. How much will that cost in fees and stamp duty? The other option is to buy the van with Qld plates in Brisbane, then drive to Melbourne and get it registered as a Vic car, with new plates and all. Will we have to pay stamp duty then too? Which is the cheaper option?
Please help us!
Thanks so much.
hmmm buggered if i know the answer...have u tried going to each states government websites..they tell u how much rego is etc

I bought hubby personalised Qld plates which cost me $400 all in, so i dunno how much it is to get a straight rego change...if anythin this will bump u up to the top