Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

redcliffe, deception bay etc good/ bad?

redcliffe, deception bay etc good/ bad?

Old Apr 18th 2010, 11:59 am
BE Forum Addict

pproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud of
Default Re: redcliffe, deception bay etc good/ bad?

Originally Posted by davidb1989
so now im all confused lol, whats nicer redcliffe or deception bay? im getting the feeling its redcliffe
REDCLIFFE but also look at Scarborough, Clontarf, Margate, Woody Point, Brighton, Sandgate and Shorncliffe.

They're all along the same bit of bay as Redcliffe but Shorncliffe also has the train station linking to city etc..

Part of Burpengary also are on the Redcliffe side near Deception Bay. There are nice new estates in Deception Bay and I know people who live and like it there but as someone who rented there for 6 months on arrival Deception Bay was just a staging post for us and not somewhere to live long term.
Old Apr 19th 2010, 7:39 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by doc19
i used to do security in deception bay redcliffe and the pine rivers shire and to be honest deception bay had the lowest amount of trouble out of all those areas.i think the bay has been stuck with the image of been a rough area from many years ago.if you read the police beat in the local paper deception bay is hardly mentioned in there now compared to redcliffe caboolture and other surrounding areas.i would not call it a tourist spot as when the tide is out it is only mud for miles but the area itself seems to be pretty decent and as far as trouble goes you get that wherever you go but like i said my time there was very quite and one of the safer places to be around
Yes, I would imagine the bars in Redcliffe would be worse than the ones in D-Bay, but then i would also wager that the trouble-makers in the Redcliffe bars probably live in D-Bay.
It's like if you go to The Hamilton bar in Ascot. One of the most affluent suburbs in the whole of QLD where property prices are the highest in the whole of Brisbane, yet the clientele in there you would imagine you are in the centre of Inala. The bars do not make a suburb
Old Apr 19th 2010, 7:42 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pproehann
REDCLIFFE but also look at Scarborough, Clontarf, Margate, Woody Point, Brighton, Sandgate and Shorncliffe.

They're all along the same bit of bay as Redcliffe but Shorncliffe also has the train station linking to city etc..

Part of Burpengary also are on the Redcliffe side near Deception Bay. There are nice new estates in Deception Bay and I know people who live and like it there but as someone who rented there for 6 months on arrival Deception Bay was just a staging post for us and not somewhere to live long term.
Property prices in Shorncliffe, Sandgate and Woody Point have already taken off though. Personally, I don't understand why people would pay $350-500k to live in North Lakes, which is a few hundred metres from the Bruce Highway, when you can live on the Peninsula and be a few hundred metres from the sea for the same money.
Old Apr 19th 2010, 8:21 am
BE Forum Addict

pproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
Property prices in Shorncliffe, Sandgate and Woody Point have already taken off though. Personally, I don't understand why people would pay $350-500k to live in North Lakes, which is a few hundred metres from the Bruce Highway, when you can live on the Peninsula and be a few hundred metres from the sea for the same money.
Quite agree I'd go for anywhere along the bay before NL's anyday.
Old Apr 21st 2010, 11:17 am
Just Joined

granma2b will become famous soon enough

Deception bay has a lot of crime and alot of problems, Redcliffe is fantastic and margate. Scarborough. Woody point and clontarf all exeptional. I personally prefer redcliffe and margate, the beach area is spectacular and the hub and bub and the lifestyle is awsome. The lagoon and the shops you are really living the dream there. Its pricey though thats the problem and i found the people all really friendly. Alot of english have settled there. Cant fault it.Avoid deception bay and rothwell and north lakes as that is one big housing development stuck in the middle of nowhere.