Recession

Old May 14th 2012, 10:21 pm
Excessively Diverted

Luthien has a reputation beyond reputeLuthien has a reputation beyond reputeLuthien has a reputation beyond reputeLuthien has a reputation beyond reputeLuthien has a reputation beyond reputeLuthien has a reputation beyond reputeLuthien has a reputation beyond reputeLuthien has a reputation beyond reputeLuthien has a reputation beyond reputeLuthien has a reputation beyond reputeLuthien has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Recession

Europe is the big worry. Strap your seatbelts on. I think the next 12 months will be a doozy.

Australia is one of the strongest economies in the world but events beyond our control in Europe will affect us. selfishly I am very glad to be here, but I take no pleasure in the state of European economies.
Old May 15th 2012, 11:01 am
BE Enthusiast

DC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to behold

Be careful about subscribing to the "Eurozone is doomed" theory. Data out today shows France hanging in there (ie. not in recession) and Germany still roaring ahead. Even the Eurozone as a whole is not yet in recession.

But if you believe the Tories it's the Eurozone dragging the UK down

Blighty has plenty of problems (and debt) of its own without needing to look across the Channel
Old May 15th 2012, 11:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DC10
Be careful about subscribing to the "Eurozone is doomed" theory. Data out today shows France hanging in there (ie. not in recession) and Germany still roaring ahead. Even the Eurozone as a whole is not yet in recession.

But if you believe the Tories it's the Eurozone dragging the UK down

Blighty has plenty of problems (and debt) of its own without needing to look across the Channel
Looks like the UK was right to stay out of the Euro.
Old May 15th 2012, 12:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

RedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Luthien
Europe is the big worry. Strap your seatbelts on. I think the next 12 months will be a doozy.

Australia is one of the strongest economies in the world but events beyond our control in Europe will affect us. selfishly I am very glad to be here, but I take no pleasure in the state of European economies.
Wait and see when the OZ dollar is .60 to the US $

just saying ......
Old May 15th 2012, 12:24 pm
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RedDragon2008

just saying ......
isnt that what the exporters are hoping for?

(FYI the average rate in the past decade or so was 70-80 US cents)
Old May 15th 2012, 12:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

RedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commonwealth
isnt that what the exporters are hoping for?

(FYI the average rate in the past decade or so was 70-80 US cents)
When the pound was 2.20 I predicted 1.5 and got same response.

Lets see in 9 to 12 months
Old May 15th 2012, 12:39 pm
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

not good for o/s travelers and online shoppers but could be good for local industries.
Old May 15th 2012, 12:51 pm
snɐןɔ ŹŽŹ‡Ä±uɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

France is considered to be doomed because they have lent so much to Spain, Italy, etc.

When Greece goes down, the other PIIGS are in the direct firing line, and with them France as the paymaster.

Kicking Germany out of the Euro for six months, and redirecting QE money to new exporting business creation, seems to be the best route out for the EU.
Old May 15th 2012, 3:02 pm
Just Joined

zaratino is an unknown quantity at this point

Europe is collapsing very soon, and now my country wants to be a part of it. What idiots of politics we have in past 20 years. I donĀ“t think AU is in recession, as the matter of fact, I wanna immigrate downunder since childhood.
Old May 15th 2012, 9:41 pm
Excessively Diverted

Luthien has a reputation beyond reputeLuthien has a reputation beyond reputeLuthien has a reputation beyond reputeLuthien has a reputation beyond reputeLuthien has a reputation beyond reputeLuthien has a reputation beyond reputeLuthien has a reputation beyond reputeLuthien has a reputation beyond reputeLuthien has a reputation beyond reputeLuthien has a reputation beyond reputeLuthien has a reputation beyond repute

just saying ......

I'd cope
Old May 16th 2012, 2:35 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

just saying ......
It's been there before - and worse.

We'll manage.
Old May 16th 2012, 10:58 am
BE Enthusiast

DC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Amazulu
It's been there before - and worse.

We'll manage.
I think I remember sub-50 cents about 11 years ago? Bizarre to think it. And most of us will feel like we've taken a massive pay cut if it comes to that
Old May 16th 2012, 12:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

I think I remember sub-50 cents about 11 years ago? Bizarre to think it. And most of us will feel like we've taken a massive pay cut if it comes to that
And it was 60c 3.5 years ago...
Old May 16th 2012, 12:25 pm
Daffyd Duck

Originally Posted by fish.01
And it was 60c 3.5 years ago...
gosh i remember converting my USDs into AUDs that time!

if that happens again, the exporters will be very happy
Old May 16th 2012, 6:15 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

The problem is its only mining that really exports anything, the high dollar decimated what was left of manufacturing.

Originally Posted by commonwealth
gosh i remember converting my USDs into AUDs that
time!

if that happens again, the exporters will be very happy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.