Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Reasons for emigrating...

Reasons for emigrating...

Old Jun 3rd 2003, 1:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wilf is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Megalania
I have not seen it. Have you been in it or something like it?
No. I just supply the bananas and toys to the contestants.
You must have seen it - it is more in the news than that Oz is to soon get 15,000 US troops stationed here.
An occupied land.
Old Jun 3rd 2003, 2:10 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Originally posted by Wilf
No. I just supply the bananas and toys to the contestants.
You must have seen it - it is more in the news than that Oz is to soon get 15,000 US troops stationed here.
An occupied land.
Have to disappoint, I guess its a quiz show, not my thing at all. Think I would prefer to watch tigers jumping through hoops, adds the the sum of knowing people not the sum of knowledge. Is it on commercial TV?
Old Jun 3rd 2003, 4:20 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Megalania
You had better explain to me what "big brother" is or at least what it is to you. Am I right to think its a TV show?
Big Brother is a frequently drunk guy called Pete.

Cheers - Don
Old Jun 3rd 2003, 4:42 pm
Just Joined

Loki is an unknown quantity at this point

I think we're off the track of the original question - Why go? My answer - Its now or never. I don't want to sit down in 20 years time and think if only i had tried it. I'm going for the change, for the scenery, the experience, the culture and if I like it I just might stay!

Footie chick we've had the same problem my parents have a four bed house nr Oxford and we have a 2 bed flat in W Scotland, there's only a couple hundred punds difference in our Tax and they get two wheelie bins, recycling collections and other services provided. That's life
Old Jun 7th 2003, 7:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Sunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the rough

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Keelie
Sunlover your life experience's are closest to my own reality .
It's refreshing to see someone who's taken off the rose-coloured glasses and can still appreciate the positives in several cultures.

Thanks Keelie

I see you are in Canada now. Are you planning to return to Oz ?