Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Reasons for emigrating...

Reasons for emigrating...

Old Jun 3rd 2003, 11:30 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Originally posted by Wilf
Yes. They will all discover how good the UK is, as you say.
I have not been burgled, they may discover that. It seems many do these days in the land of milk and honey.
Are you standing / sitting / lying / jumping up and down in Australia? The "land of milk and honey" is Palestine or is it Israel?
Old Jun 3rd 2003, 11:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Wilf is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Megalania
Are you standing / sitting / lying / jumping up and down in Australia? The "land of milk and honey" is Palestine or is it Israel?
I was trying to be complimentary to Oz. You are right, it does not deserve the name. It is the land of beer and sand.

You think most of the posters here will like it? I do not.
Old Jun 3rd 2003, 11:45 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

I was trying to be complimentary to Oz. You are right, it does not deserve the name. It is the land of beer and sand.

You think most of the posters here will like it? I do not.
Deary me Wilf, your diet has been lacking. Personally, I'm more partial to a bit of fresh road kill stew.

Do I think most will like it (as distinct from "will most like it")? No. There's some statistic we could dredge up along the lines: "8,000 enquire, 4,000 apply, 2,000 get in, 1,000 like it."
Old Jun 3rd 2003, 12:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Deary me Wilf, your diet has been lacking. Personally, I'm more partial to a bit of fresh road kill stew.

Do I think most will like it (as distinct from "will most like it")? No. There's some statistic we could dredge up along the lines: "8,000 enquire, 4,000 apply, 2,000 get in, 1,000 like it."

Your figures make sense to me. I often say 50/50 but your 25/75 is probably more like it. That is a lot of wasted money and time and sometimes lives and marriages. You ozzies are crafty. You could dispel myths but you do not. You are too busy picking London's pockets eh?
Old Jun 3rd 2003, 12:36 pm
Banned

Your figures make sense to me. I often say 50/50 but your 25/75 is probably more like it. That is a lot of wasted money and time and sometimes lives and marriages. You ozzies are crafty. You could dispel myths but you do not. You are too busy picking London's pockets eh?
Related to Fagin? "You've got to pick-a-pocket or two!" Slipping in your trade?

Blame it on "them colonials" (or is it "them victims hehehe")?

Go, tell it on the mountain,
Over the hills and everywhere,
That their omnipotencenesses in Blighty what wants shot of your class is puppet master of the BBC.
Old Jun 3rd 2003, 12:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Related to Fagin? "You've got to pick-a-pocket or two!" Slipping in your trade?

Blame it on "them colonials" (or is it "them victims hehehe")?

Over the hills and everywhere,
That their omnipotencenesses in Blighty what wants shot of your class is puppet master of the BBC.
Fagin could be a recruiting officer here. There is little else for the young ozzies to do it seems looking at crime figures.
Old Jun 3rd 2003, 12:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Just watched local lunchtime news and our already greddy council who raised our council tax 38% are going to have to raise it again and here comes the best bit.

Even though they are raising it it will still fall short and you know what that means jobs will go and services will be cut and generously they are going to let the townspeople decide.

I bet no councillers will get the push. Bloody ridiculous. But lets not forget for that nice rise you get a wheelie bin accept we can `t have one because of steps. So i have the pleasure of paying extra for a bin i can`t have.

Well thats off my chest now

footie chick
Old Jun 3rd 2003, 12:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by footie chick
Just watched local lunchtime news and our already greddy council who raised our council tax 38% are going to have to raise it again and here comes the best bit.

Even though they are raising it it will still fall short and you know what that means jobs will go and services will be cut and generously they are going to let the townspeople decide.

I bet no councillers will get the push. Bloody ridiculous. But lets not forget for that nice rise you get a wheelie bin accept we can `t have one because of steps. So i have the pleasure of paying extra for a bin i can`t have.

Well thats off my chest now

footie chick
You pay for EVERYTHING in Brissie you wil see.
Old Jun 3rd 2003, 12:55 pm
Vee
BE Enthusiast

Vee is an unknown quantity at this point

You pay for EVERYTHING in Brissie you wil see.
We pay for everything HERE anyways.
Old Jun 3rd 2003, 12:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for that reality check!!

fc
Old Jun 3rd 2003, 1:04 pm
Banned

Fagin could be a recruiting officer here. There is little else for the young ozzies to do it seems looking at crime figures.
Dear, dear old WilfullyBoy! Not been burgulated yet eh?. Feeling left out? Poor old diddums pie!

Tell you what to do - stand outside your house when the younguns go by in an old cardigan stiffly racking the lawn, never make eye contact. Eventually they'll think you are an old fart worthy of their attentions.
Old Jun 3rd 2003, 1:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dear, dear old WilfullyBoy! Not been burgulated yet eh?. Feeling left out? Poor old diddums pie!

Tell you what to do - stand outside your house when the younguns go by in an old cardigan stiffly racking the lawn, never make eye contact. Eventually they'll think you are an old fart worthy of their attentions.
"Racking " the lawn may be stretching my gardening skills a bit too far.

Younguns never go by in cardigans. If they did, I would turn ozzie and mug them.

Have you seen young ozzies on that big brother? That is scary? Intellectually, yes, but physically, no.
Old Jun 3rd 2003, 1:27 pm
Banned

"Racking " the lawn may be stretching my gardening skills a bit too far.

Younguns never go by in cardigans. If they did, I would turn ozzie and mug them.

Have you seen young ozzies on that big brother? That is scary? Intellectually, yes, but physically, no.
You had better explain to me what "big brother" is or at least what it is to you. Am I right to think its a TV show?
Old Jun 3rd 2003, 1:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

You had better explain to me what "big brother" is or at least what it is to you. Am I right to think its a TV show?
Yes, a TV show. Big brother is the ozzie equivalent of mastermind. They could not get the black chair, or the theme tune, or the question master, or the questions, but it has the best contestants Oz could throw up.
Have you not seen it? It is like your parliament only less swearing.
Old Jun 3rd 2003, 1:49 pm
Banned

Yes, a TV show. Big brother is the ozzie equivalent of mastermind. They could not get the black chair, or the theme tune, or the question master, or the questions, but it has the best contestants Oz could throw up.
Have you not seen it? It is like your parliament only less swearing.
I have not seen it. Have you been in it or something like it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.