Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Reasons for emigrating...

Reasons for emigrating...

Old Jun 3rd 2003, 10:01 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Megalania
Meeka from the air:

Meeka Woolies:

Meeka countryside:
beautiful country, starry nights ,a few beers by the fire,, now wheres that metal detector , thar,s gold in dem de,r hills........ &more MM
Old Jun 3rd 2003, 10:02 am
Vee
BE Enthusiast

Vee is an unknown quantity at this point

Try Cooktown, no need to worry about finding work, there isn't any. Buy a block big enough not to hear your neighbour fart and with a tin humpy already on it for a couple of thou!

After living in London for 7 years living somewhere where I can't hear my neighbour fart would be ideal! At the moment I can hear my upstairs neighbour shagging. Not good. Especially as I think he's a gay male prostitute....He stands in his window naked from the waist up (could be totally naked for all I know but thankfully the window covers his lower regions) with all the lights off except for one spotlight which is positioned right on him. Urgh. Really gotta get out of here..............But I digress.
Old Jun 3rd 2003, 10:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Wilf is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Vee
After living in London for 7 years living somewhere where I can't hear my neighbour fart would be ideal! At the moment I can hear my upstairs neighbour shagging. Not good. Especially as I think he's a gay male prostitute....He stands in his window naked from the waist up (could be totally naked for all I know but thankfully the window covers his lower regions) with all the lights off except for one spotlight which is positioned right on him. Urgh. Really gotta get out of here..............But I digress.
Permanent wanderer, like David Banner.
Old Jun 3rd 2003, 10:25 am
Vee
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Wilf
http://www.dapslyrics.com/2003/g/GetDownLikeAPimp.html

N-I-C-E
Old Jun 3rd 2003, 10:29 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

David Banner would wander from town to town, finding himself in a new job:

THE INCREDIBLE HULK
Old Jun 3rd 2003, 10:31 am
BE Forum Addict

I meant David Banner a.k.a. The Hulk. He is a permanent wanderer, as are you becoming.
I have no idea what your link is about.
Old Jun 3rd 2003, 10:50 am
Vee
BE Enthusiast

I meant David Banner a.k.a. The Hulk. He is a permanent wanderer, as are you becoming.
I have no idea what your link is about.

Sorry, never watched The Hulk. I was more a Wonder Woman type kid. I have no idea who David Banner is - just did a search on google and this is what I came up with. I have no idea what the link is about either!

Why do you think I am going to become a wanderer? I've moved a few times in my life but so what? Not trying to be confrontational here or anything just curious. And you say it as though it's a bad thing. Why?
Old Jun 3rd 2003, 11:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Vee
Sorry, never watched The Hulk. I was more a Wonder Woman type kid. I have no idea who David Banner is - just did a search on google and this is what I came up with. I have no idea what the link is about either!

Why do you think I am going to become a wanderer? I've moved a few times in my life but so what? Not trying to be confrontational here or anything just curious. And you say it as though it's a bad thing. Why?

In the end, migration is a waste of time unless you are fleeing some danger, etc. Nothing good comes of chopping and changing - progress is slow and requires continued hammer blows on the same spot - however unappealing.
Old Jun 3rd 2003, 11:06 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

In the end, migration is a waste of time unless you are fleeing some danger, etc. Nothing good comes of chopping and changing - progress is slow and requires continued hammer blows on the same spot - however unappealing.
Wilf,
most posters here are in the "go forth and multiply" stage of life, some in the "go forth and shag maddly" stage. Your advice is exemplary if the sum of your life is aquisition but not (neccessarily) if it is experience.
Old Jun 3rd 2003, 11:10 am
Vee
BE Enthusiast

Migration a waste of time? So people should stay where they are forever (if not in danger) and not try something else that may suit them? If you aren't happy with something in your life then the only person who can change it is YOU. And if that means moving to a new country then so be it.

I don't agree with this at all. Australia may have what I want out of life. England doesn't at the moment. Maybe in 50 years time - after continous hammer blows - the UK will have what I want but I'm not prepared to wait that long. Nobody should.
Old Jun 3rd 2003, 11:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Wilf,
most posters here are in the "go forth and multiply" stage of life, some in the "go forth and shag maddly" stage. Your advice is exemplary if the sum of your life is aquisition but not (neccessarily) if it is experience.
I would take my advice if I wished to achieve anything.
You do not believe that a Pom going to Oz is about to experience much do you? They come because you will have them, you speak English, and they can get cheaper houses.
Old Jun 3rd 2003, 11:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Vee
Migration a waste of time? So people should stay where they are forever (if not in danger) and not try something else that may suit them? If you aren't happy with something in your life then the only person who can change it is YOU. And if that means moving to a new country then so be it.

I don't agree with this at all. Australia may have what I want out of life. England doesn't at the moment. Maybe in 50 years time - after continous hammer blows - the UK will have what I want but I'm not prepared to wait that long. Nobody should.
Learn a language. You are running out of English speaking countries.
Old Jun 3rd 2003, 11:15 am
Banned

I would take my advice if I wished to achieve anything.
You do not believe that a Pom going to Oz is about to experience much do you? They come because you will have them, you speak English, and they can get cheaper houses.
Many will (re)discover what they love about their tribe / nation. A few will discover stuff that, perhaps, you have not.
Old Jun 3rd 2003, 11:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Many will (re)discover what they love about their tribe / nation. A few will discover stuff that, perhaps, you have not.
Yes. They will all discover how good the UK is, as you say.
I have not been burgled, they may discover that. It seems many do these days in the land of milk and honey.
Old Jun 3rd 2003, 11:30 am
Vee
BE Enthusiast

Learn a language. You are running out of English speaking countries.

Whatever.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.