Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

realy disturbing!!!

realy disturbing!!!

Old Apr 5th 2005, 12:45 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: realy disturbing!!!

I can honestly say i havent sen anything like it myself - thank god.

i was driving behind someone once who was obviously lashed up to the eyeballs and im afraid i phoned the Police and grassed him up !! sorry but there you go. suffice to say, i would do it again - no probs.

same goes if i saw some f**kwit with kids on their laps etc etc - call me supergrass if you like but i couldnt give a toss. these ignoramuses need to be taught a lesson.

right, ill just get off my orange box now thank you !!
Old Apr 5th 2005, 2:13 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ub40fan
fraser, what I said was not meant as an insult. I suppose what I am trying to say, albeit cackhandedly (wow that's a big word) is that you can tell the difference in the parents who care about their offspring and those who don't. There is a difference in a hyper kid and one is looking with the fingers with aview to putting stuff in their pocket.

All kids are different and you have to treat them according to how they react to you. I have 3, one I only need look at and she knows what I am intending to say to her. Another is 14 and will not listen to me or his dad unless we shout very loudly at him. The middle one is 12 and if you can get his attention then all well and good, but it is hard work doing so.

My oldest used to be like your little boy, very entertaining, we knew how to handle him but the school used to have real problems. They tried blaming it on ADHD, lack of attention at home, his hearing, his eyesight. But we knew he would settle down. And now that he is 14, trying to get him to move at any sort of speed and show enthusiasm is nigh on impossible.

Sorry but the way you came across was that if someone speaks to their kids in a certain way it must mean they're bad parents. My wife and I are always hearing comments like this and she cringes when I shout at Henry when we're
out but it gets the job done a couldn't give a monkeys what anyone thinks of me.
Old Apr 5th 2005, 3:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ub40fan
There's no hope for some.
Darwinism.

Except the weak and stupid keep breeding dammit.

Cheers,
JTL
Old Apr 5th 2005, 3:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
Darwinism.

Except the weak and stupid keep breeding dammit.

Cheers,
JTL
JTL what does the chopper challenge champion?
Old Apr 5th 2005, 3:30 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by glittababe

It's a game in the arcade. Sign of a mis-spent youth
Old Apr 5th 2005, 3:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by glittababe
Go to the arcade

Theres a few mobile phone type games there. I just got bored at the weekend and got top scores in two of them, and they both have dodgy names, so I'm now a chopper and snake champion.

Cheers,
JTL
Old Apr 5th 2005, 3:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Go to the arcade

Theres a few mobile phone type games there. I just got bored at the weekend and got top scores in two of them, and they both have dodgy names, so I'm now a chopper and snake champion.

Cheers,
JTL
I did a search for 'chopper' and it came up with something almost as disturbing as this thread! Not sure how to put the link on tho! Needless to say I WON'T be taking a seat at the local dr's surgery
http://www.annsummers.com/single.asp...cat=8&pid=1854
Old Apr 5th 2005, 4:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

That can't be comfortable when you've got guests round. Is the sticky up bit detachable?

Cheers,
JTL
Old Apr 5th 2005, 5:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

That can't be comfortable when you've got guests round. Is the sticky up bit detachable?

Cheers,
JTL
depends on the guest! I think lots of my mates would pay to sit on seats like that! Marvellous, if not slightly traumatic! The 2005 Invention of the Year Award goes to ......... Ann Summers! Well done!
Old Apr 5th 2005, 5:53 pm
Forum Regular

matt n ann marie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by zx10r_aus
Hi all,
I was driving my bus yesterday, I was stopped at traffic lights. Happened to glance down at the car next to me, and I saw mummy in the front seat holding her child, child would have been probably 1yr old. No car seat for the child just mummy holding the baby. I also saw daddy on the telephone. This is is not the first time I have seen this in Glasgow, I see at least 1 or 2 cars a day with this sort of thing happening. Is this a regular thing that happens in the UK? Personaly I think that this is crazy, but, this is my opinion, but, I have had 2 very close friends die in car accidents. Like I said I was wondering if anyone else had seen this.
Jim

Driving on the M62 last week and came across a car with a toddler stood in the passenger foot well in front of mother. That was bad enough on its own but Dad seemed to have a grudge against any driver who dare pass him and was driving at all sorts of crazy speeds!
Old Apr 5th 2005, 6:00 pm
Forum Regular

JAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond repute

I have always insisted on my kids wearing belts and will not start the engine until they are fastened. Doing the school run one day I was hit head on while doing around 50 mph by another car which had gone out of control and skidded onto my side of the road. The airbags in the front of the car went off and we escaped shocked and bruised due to two factors, one was the build of the car (audi) and the other was that we had belts on.

My son had a padded coat on and was behind me in a child seat and was not even bruised.

It turns my stomach when I see other kids loose in the back seat of cars cos believe me accidents can happen to anyone.

J
Old Apr 5th 2005, 6:04 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Vanessa
Last summer driving down to Devon on the M27 a Saab convertible pulled along side me with its top down. Mum and friend were strapped in the front but kids in the back with no belts on at all! Good to see where the adults priorities where!!!
Wouldn't do the mother and friend any good having THEIR seatbelt on when the kids come hurtling forward in an impact and smash them on the back of the heads- most people are killed when this happens, thats why if you are driving you should always insist your passesngers wear a seatbelt too - I once had a passenger who said she didn't need to wear a belt as she'd be 'fine' I said its not that I care about but you would kill me if we had a crash - so belt up or get the bus.

Completely irresponsible to let kids do that. I drive for a living (i'm a District nurse) and witness tonnes of kids clambering about the back seat with no child seat or belt on.

I also witness the plonkers driving with their mobile phone - usually crawling along at 25 mph or veering strangely around corners/ towards the kerb.

I was also driving behind a guy today who was looking more at his passenger and talking animatedly, so much, he nearly mounted the kerb on several occasions between 25-28 mph on a clear, non built up road!!! I had to keep a real distance to avoid going into the back of him as he was so distracted - the child in the back was also hurling paper and objects out of the back window that kept blowing and hitting my car.......just a usual day in Glasgow!
Old Apr 5th 2005, 6:14 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Go to a country pub in Austrlalia and see the way parents treat their kids here, 17-18 yr olds on the lash all night then leave the pub and their parents stand there pissed as parrets themselves letting there kids drive of in the V8 utes thay got fot their birthday

It is the most F++++d up thing I have ever seen and makes me physically sick.

Some parnets just dont get the meanng of protection at all.

And as someone earlier on in the thread said, grass them up. I'd rather anyone get a fine and a loss of licence then have to go to someones funeral.

Kala
Old Apr 5th 2005, 9:58 pm
Keeping an eye out !

Wickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to all

Two little notes

My daughters once took off their belts whilst I was driving, I pulled over and made them belt back up, I then drove to my local police station and a very nice pc came out and gave them a lecture. They have never done it since.
I know it sounds a little cruel but I'd rather have them scared for a little while than damaged forever.

I once followed a car for quite a few miles and two little kiddies in the back were actually lying half on - half off the parcel shelf in the back of the car.
The car parked in the same multistorey as me and when I saw the parents I was so mad that I asked them if the kids were not the most precious things in the world to them. The woman gave me a mouthful of abuse and the bloke threatened to whack me one !!! I must admit I would now think twice before opening my mouth.

Carole

Old Apr 5th 2005, 10:24 pm
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by zx10r_aus
Hi all,
I was driving my bus yesterday, I was stopped at traffic lights. Happened to glance down at the car next to me, and I saw mummy in the front seat holding her child, child would have been probably 1yr old. No car seat for the child just mummy holding the baby. I also saw daddy on the telephone. This is is not the first time I have seen this in Glasgow, I see at least 1 or 2 cars a day with this sort of thing happening. Is this a regular thing that happens in the UK? Personaly I think that this is crazy, but, this is my opinion, but, I have had 2 very close friends die in car accidents. Like I said I was wondering if anyone else had seen this.
Jim
Oh all the time like yourself!

What I do when I see a child in the front of a car WITHOUT a seat belt and the driver WITH one on, I'll wind down my window and say:

"Well at least if you have a crash, YOU'LL be alright!"

puzzles me big time