Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

realy disturbing!!!

realy disturbing!!!

Old Apr 5th 2005, 10:03 am
Breast Inspector

zx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond repute
Angry realy disturbing!!!

Hi all,
I was driving my bus yesterday, I was stopped at traffic lights. Happened to glance down at the car next to me, and I saw mummy in the front seat holding her child, child would have been probably 1yr old. No car seat for the child just mummy holding the baby. I also saw daddy on the telephone. This is is not the first time I have seen this in Glasgow, I see at least 1 or 2 cars a day with this sort of thing happening. Is this a regular thing that happens in the UK? Personaly I think that this is crazy, but, this is my opinion, but, I have had 2 very close friends die in car accidents. Like I said I was wondering if anyone else had seen this.
Jim
Old Apr 5th 2005, 10:09 am
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: realy disturbing!!!

Originally Posted by zx10r_aus
Hi all,
I was driving my bus yesterday, I was stopped at traffic lights. Happened to glance down at the car next to me, and I saw mummy in the front seat holding her child, child would have been probably 1yr old. No car seat for the child just mummy holding the baby. I also saw daddy on the telephone. This is is not the first time I have seen this in Glasgow, I see at least 1 or 2 cars a day with this sort of thing happening. Is this a regular thing that happens in the UK? Personaly I think that this is crazy, but, this is my opinion, but, I have had 2 very close friends die in car accidents. Like I said I was wondering if anyone else had seen this.
Jim
Loads! I work in A&E and more often than not, mum's will ask for assistance getting their littlen back into the car (for some reason having a nurse hand your child over in the car looks better). On many occasions the father has driven (and smells of alcohol) and mum casually say's "alrite luv just put im on me knee"! They then light up their fags, wind their windows up and speed off!
Luckily we have a hotline number to the local bill! We've tried educating them but as most are CHAV's, there doesn't seem a lot of point!
Old Apr 5th 2005, 10:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

emmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,
Jim
i've seen a woman breast feeding a baby in the front passenger seat whilst on the motorway
Old Apr 5th 2005, 10:17 am
Breast Inspector

zx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by glittababe
Loads! I work in A&E and more often than not, mum's will ask for assistance getting their littlen back into the car (for some reason having a nurse hand your child over in the car looks better). On many occasions the father has driven (and smells of alcohol) and mum casually say's "alrite luv just put im on me knee"! They then light up their fags, wind their windows up and speed off!
Luckily we have a hotline number to the local bill! We've tried educating them but as most are CHAV's, there doesn't seem a lot of point!
You realy feel for the child, not having a say in it. I think these people need to go to a car accident and see what happens to people in car accidents. I have a friend who is a fire fighter in Australia, some of the things he's seen. People missing limbs and having to cut cars up to get people out. Puttting white sheets over the dead.
Old Apr 5th 2005, 10:31 am
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

You realy feel for the child, not having a say in it. I think these people need to go to a car accident and see what happens to people in car accidents. I have a friend who is a fire fighter in Australia, some of the things he's seen. People missing limbs and having to cut cars up to get people out. Puttting white sheets over the dead.

basically, by the sounds of it, they are so bloody thick it probably wouldnt make a bit of difference!! i am really naive but i didnt think this happened any more! i think i preferred my ignorance - this is shocking!!!!
Old Apr 5th 2005, 10:35 am
Breast Inspector

Originally Posted by Rooksie
basically, by the sounds of it, they are so bloody thick it probably wouldnt make a bit of difference!! i am really naive but i didnt think this happened any more! i think i preferred my ignorance - this is shocking!!!!
Its good to see that there are still some people out there with some common sense.
Old Apr 5th 2005, 10:37 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree, I think anyone convicted of a motor offence should be made to look at photos of accidents, gore and all. I'm sure it would have the desired effect...
Old Apr 5th 2005, 10:40 am
Breast Inspector

Originally Posted by bridiej
I agree, I think anyone convicted of a motor offence should be made to look at photos of accidents, gore and all. I'm sure it would have the desired effect...
I think people have the ' it can't happen to me syndrome ' But when your on the road 8 hours a day you see some stupid people on the road. i.e. people going through pedestrian crossings when the light is clearly red and people are walking across it.
Old Apr 5th 2005, 10:45 am
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

I think people have the ' it can't happen to me syndrome ' But when your on the road 8 hours a day you see some stupid people on the road. i.e. people going through pedestrian crossings when the light is clearly red and people are walking across it.
in front of your bus you mean! :scared:
Old Apr 5th 2005, 10:45 am
Is it the weekend yet?

Anastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond repute

I see this all the time in Reading, and it makes my blood run cold.

I couldnt imagine driving anywhere without Harry strapped in. I accidentally forgot to do his straps up once, the seat was attached to the car, but his straps werent done up. I beat myself up about that for months after, how anyone can knowingly leave their child unsupported is beyond me
Old Apr 5th 2005, 10:48 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Bloody hell !!! When I opened this thread I was expecting to find a naked picture of an expat

:scared: :scared: :scared:
Old Apr 5th 2005, 11:08 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by fraser
Bloody hell !!! When I opened this thread I was expecting to find a naked picture of an expat

:scared: :scared: :scared:
oh crap - i just tried to find some really funny fat pictures and now ive got pop ups all over my screen of .... well you can imagine..... Jeds gonna think ive got serious issues!!!! bloody hell.
Old Apr 5th 2005, 11:09 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rooksie
oh crap - i just tried to find some really funny fat pictures and now ive got pop ups all over my screen of .... well you can imagine..... Jeds gonna think ive got serious issues!!!! bloody hell.
You'll never get rid of those. Well that's what my...ahem freind told me
Old Apr 5th 2005, 11:11 am
Account Closed

getting back on track and trying not to lower the tone!!

when we bought a carseat for my youngest daughter i remember going into M'care and checking them all out. i didnt want to spend a bloody fortune on some designer seat and i didnt want to buy a load of crap either. shop assistant was trying to flog me a certain seat which didnt particularly look very substantial to me so i asked her outright if she would put her child into it and she said "NO". whats that all about then??? outrageous!!!
Old Apr 5th 2005, 11:13 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by fraser
You'll never get rid of those. Well that's what my...ahem freind told me

how do i explain my way out of that one!!!!! i cant blame jed any more since i roasted his b***ox last time!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.