Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Real Estate Newspaper photos

Real Estate Newspaper photos

Old Oct 20th 2006, 8:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Real Estate Newspaper photos

Originally Posted by chrispy
Do they always come in pairs? or are they joined at the hip... there is something scary about those smiles though :scared:

Looks like the one at the back has his hand up the others arse to me
Old Oct 20th 2006, 8:49 am
BE Enthusiast

chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Wendy
Looks like the one at the back has his hand up the others arse to me

That might explained the strained smiles... maybe it is some sort of initiation ceromony.. or maybe the one infront is a dummy (of the wooded variety) would also explain why they come in twos
Old Oct 20th 2006, 8:52 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Meet Geff..

Serial killer or Real Estate agent?
Old Oct 20th 2006, 9:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Santa is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to behold

Joking aside, when you sell your home and land a huge bill from the agent you can now see where a fair proportion of that money is going.
In the past 6 months we have saved over $30000 by selling our house and a block of land privately, it takes a little leg work, but who gives a stuff, better in your pocket than the plastic men and women of Real Estate.
Dont forget, everytime you see their smug faces in papers or on the TV..... just remember who's paying for that !
Old Oct 20th 2006, 9:16 am
BE Forum Addict

DebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scossie
OK..!
The challenge is on!

Can anybody find a genuine Real Estate Agent photo which can outsmarm this pair...???
Barbie and Ken
Old Oct 20th 2006, 9:44 am
Forum Regular

The Corderys is a jewel in the roughThe Corderys is a jewel in the roughThe Corderys is a jewel in the roughThe Corderys is a jewel in the roughThe Corderys is a jewel in the rough

We have the classic in our area, 'Banksia's number one agent presents' as the caption for every house he sells! Who cares!!! What about the house!!? I'd be miffed if it was my house and he was getting 10 grand to sell it
Old Oct 20th 2006, 9:55 am
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

Nice to see you..........
To see you........................................
Old Oct 20th 2006, 9:59 am
redlion

redlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Santa
Joking aside, when you sell your home and land a huge bill from the agent you can now see where a fair proportion of that money is going.
In the past 6 months we have saved over $30000 by selling our house and a block of land privately, it takes a little leg work, but who gives a stuff, better in your pocket than the plastic men and women of Real Estate.
Dont forget, everytime you see their smug faces in papers or on the TV..... just remember who's paying for that !

Have just had the estate agents bill for selling my house - £2475.!!! they took 11 pictures, sent me one viewer, put a sign outside and sent me a bill. Next time I will sell it my self.
Old Oct 20th 2006, 9:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Corderys
We have the classic in our area, 'Banksia's number one agent presents' as the caption for every house he sells! Who cares!!! What about the house!!? I'd be miffed if it was my house and he was getting 10 grand to sell it
You really worry about some of them. In the UK, at least they kind of know, and admit, they are a kind of curious sub-species and don't take themselves that seriously - only the fact they've made a killing in recent years. People just drift in to the job. Here it's a profession extraodinaire (sic).

If it was a case of putting food on the table: I'd even do it myself if I had to but go for commission alone - no swanky photos, no crap. I'd be prepared to say it was even a cushy job.

I hate the ones- "A builder's home" (yeah right) and he doesn't want to live in it.

I wonder what real estate was like before houses were 8x income, how did they make money then?
Old Oct 20th 2006, 10:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Luma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond repute

No one has answered my second question? Or do I need to do a poll?

Originally Posted by Luma
Was just looking at todays realestatewa newspaper. Why are there so many photos of all the agents? Wouldn't people prefer to see pictures of the properties instead?
Old Oct 20th 2006, 10:02 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Scossie

Nice to see you..........
To see you........................................

Very Leslie Philips...

I found this blog whilst searching which might come in handy:

http://www.australianrealestateblog....state_blog.asp
Old Oct 20th 2006, 10:05 am
Forum Regular

The Corderys is a jewel in the roughThe Corderys is a jewel in the roughThe Corderys is a jewel in the roughThe Corderys is a jewel in the roughThe Corderys is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Luma
No one has answered my second question? Or do I need to do a poll?
I'll answer it dear! Hell yes, I couldn't give a fig what the agent looked like!!
Old Oct 20th 2006, 10:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

I read the article. It's one of the few areas where a nonprofessional can make a killing out of the price of a rising commodity, which is itself related to most people's needs.

It's not like it's a share, or a stock, or bringing wealth to other people (eg shareholders), or a business idea or a luxury item or even a skill.
Old Oct 20th 2006, 10:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Luma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond repute

Took the words right out of my mouth!

Originally Posted by The Corderys
I'll answer it dear! Hell yes, I couldn't give a fig what the agent looked like!!
Old Oct 20th 2006, 10:22 am
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

in answer to OP Qs: 1) They love themselves so much that they think you will only turn up to view the house because YOU fancy them
2) Yes

on the other naff lines:
"Priced to sell" - really and I thought you just wanted to print your own pic
"Owner says sell" - really, there was me thinking the owner just wanted to pay a load of fees & advertising just for the fun of it
"Unlimited potential" - of course subject to council approval and how do you get say a 500sqm property on 400sqm land, is that not limited potential?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.