Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Quotes 4 Flying My Tools Over!

Quotes 4 Flying My Tools Over!

Old Jun 25th 2008, 11:59 am
Forum Regular

jonny83 is on a distinguished road
Default Quotes 4 Flying My Tools Over!

Anyone know of reasonable companys for gettin my tools flown over?
Old Jun 25th 2008, 1:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

shabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Quotes 4 Flying My Tools Over!

I have been told to try DHL to fly them over. It depends on how quickly you will need them.
Shabee
x
Old Jun 25th 2008, 7:24 pm
Forum Regular

jonny83 is on a distinguished road

around 2 weeks of me bein there
Old Jun 25th 2008, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

alan_blue is an unknown quantity at this point

are you taking electric tools also, do they work out there guys?
Old Jun 26th 2008, 4:45 am
Forum Regular

andreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant future

We sent over 175k of tools to Sydney with Excess Baggage, got delivered to the door in just over 2 weeks, cost £1,006 UK side and $97 Quarantine Fees. Just used Excess Baggage again to ship bike, golf clubs and 6ft box of bits and pieces out there cost £487. Had no problems with them, very helpful and straightforward process.
Old Jun 26th 2008, 7:15 am
Just Joined

Roberts-GnJ is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by andreak
We sent over 175k of tools to Sydney with Excess Baggage, got delivered to the door in just over 2 weeks, cost £1,006 UK side and $97 Quarantine Fees. Just used Excess Baggage again to ship bike, golf clubs and 6ft box of bits and pieces out there cost £487. Had no problems with them, very helpful and straightforward process.
Hi, When you say you used Excess baggage, what was the pocess for this? We are not going to have much stuff to take so doubt we'll even need a quarter of a container. If it is possible to do it through excess baggage I'd like to know a bit more about it. Then on top of our personal things we'll have my hubby's tools. Mainly manual tools - some having been recently passed down from his father who died last month. they are old tools that were originally his Grandads but still get used daily. Not sure how we;'d go about getting these over?

Thanks in advance
Jo & garath
Old Jun 26th 2008, 8:00 am
Forum Regular

MattW82 is just really niceMattW82 is just really niceMattW82 is just really niceMattW82 is just really niceMattW82 is just really niceMattW82 is just really niceMattW82 is just really niceMattW82 is just really niceMattW82 is just really nice

Just used Excess Baggage again to ship bike, golf clubs and 6ft box of bits and pieces out there cost £487. Had no problems with them, very helpful and straightforward process.
I've had a look at the Excess Baggage website and although they do have a pricelist for suitcase sized containers, there's no mention of the price of a bicycle container. I don't suppose you know how much that would be do you? It would be sent along with standard three 3cu.ft containers.
Old Jun 26th 2008, 8:26 am
Forum Regular

do they work then over there?
Old Jun 26th 2008, 12:10 pm
Account Closed

innojuk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by alan_blue

yes they do.
Old Jun 26th 2008, 3:35 pm
Forum Regular

andreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant future

I would ring them up, I think you can have up to four boxes, ask for a bike box, its big and thin, you have to take the pedals off and twist the handlebars round but husbans bike fitted in no problems.
Old Jun 26th 2008, 6:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

gazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nice

240 volt power tools are ok but 110 volt power tools are no good over there.
Gary
Old Jun 26th 2008, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

cheers mate, good news!! do we have to change th eplugs over and thats it then?
Old Jun 27th 2008, 7:16 am
Forum Regular

MattW82 is just really niceMattW82 is just really niceMattW82 is just really niceMattW82 is just really niceMattW82 is just really niceMattW82 is just really niceMattW82 is just really niceMattW82 is just really niceMattW82 is just really nice

I would ring them up, I think you can have up to four boxes, ask for a bike box, its big and thin, you have to take the pedals off and twist the handlebars round but husbans bike fitted in no problems.
Excellent, thanks very much for that
Old Jun 27th 2008, 8:19 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat001 is just really nicescrubbedexpat001 is just really nicescrubbedexpat001 is just really nicescrubbedexpat001 is just really nicescrubbedexpat001 is just really nicescrubbedexpat001 is just really nicescrubbedexpat001 is just really nicescrubbedexpat001 is just really nice

cheers mate, good news!! do we have to change th eplugs over and thats it then?
Yep, remove/cut off the UK plug and stick on an Aussie one, just pop down to Bunnings (Oz Equivalent of B&Q) and pick a whole load of aussie 3 pin plugs. Worth noting that the Aussie plug doesnt have a fuse in it so if your worried about anything blowing (the fuse in the fuse box should go first) just leave the UK plug on and use a 3 pin earthed travel adapter (pick them up for a couple of dollars from Tandy).