Quota full?

Old Dec 19th 2001, 11:00 pm
Just Joined

GeoffB is just really niceGeoffB is just really niceGeoffB is just really niceGeoffB is just really niceGeoffB is just really niceGeoffB is just really niceGeoffB is just really niceGeoffB is just really nice

Hi all,
My application is being processed by the London office as IT, I was asked for my medicals and handed them in in late September, and that's the last I have heard.

Speaking to my agent she seems to think that the quota has been reached for this year. I was wondering if anyone else has heard or experienced the same.

Cheers

Old Dec 20th 2001, 6:04 am
Frank

Geoff, I believe quota has been reached in Italy too.

My application (subclass 136s) is at the final stage but DIMIA manager in Rome - a
very efficient and kind person , like the rest of her staff - said she was unable to
predict when the visa will be effectively granted , because of the strong global
pressure on that visa category.

Although I wasn't explicitely told of any quota or cap , the only reason I can think
of to explain this announced delay is that the office ran out of visa which, as far
as I believe, are distributed on a worldwide basis.

In other words, visa caps might have been reached everywhere, and I believe this NG
will be filled up with questions like yours (and mine) very soon

Let's wait and see.

Cheers

Francesco

On Thu, 20 Dec 2001 1:00:29 +0100, GeoffB wrote (in message
<[email protected]>):

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

>
    >

================================================== ============
Posted with Hogwasher. Mac first, Mac only:
http://www.asar.com/cgi-bin/product....hogwasher.html
================================================== ============

Old Dec 20th 2001, 5:49 pm
Markus

Same situation with DIMA in Berlin. It seems that even IT fast-track doesn't help. I
lodged my application on the 01/Aug/2001 and it apparently looks pretty bad for this
(immigration) year - June 2001 to July 2002.

Markus

frank wrote:

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> > Hi all, My application is being processed by the London office as IT, I was asked[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > for my medicals and handed them in in late September, and that's the last I have[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > heard.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Speaking to my agent she seems to think that the quota has been reached for this[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > year. I was wondering if anyone else has heard or experienced the same.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Cheers[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > --[/usenetquote2]

>
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Dec 21st 2001, 2:09 pm
Forum Regular

Magwired is just really niceMagwired is just really niceMagwired is just really niceMagwired is just really niceMagwired is just really niceMagwired is just really niceMagwired is just really niceMagwired is just really nice

I find this quite odd as we handed in our medicals and police certificates in early November and received our PR 136 visa late November. We were applying as IT-Skilled through the London office. Maybe it makes a difference what team you're allocated, we were with skilled team 2.
Old Dec 22nd 2001, 12:35 pm
ndaltonb

Geoff,

Who is your agent as mine has contacted the Aus High Commission and they state they havn't run out of visa's. Are you getting duff info.

nigel db

Originally posted by GeoffB
Speaking to my agent she seems to think that the quota has been reached for this year. I was wondering if anyone else has heard or experienced the same.

Cheers

Old Dec 22nd 2001, 1:54 pm
Bimal Shrestha

I applied with DIMA in Berlin in early september, 2001. I have received application
confirmation receit within 10 days, but nothing after that. Does anybody know, how
long does it take to process in Berlin ?

J. P

Markus wrote:

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> > Geoff, I believe quota has been reached in Italy too.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > My application (subclass 136s) is at the final stage but DIMIA manager in Rome -[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > a very efficient and kind person , like the rest of her staff - said she was[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > unable to predict when the visa will be effectively granted , because of the[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > strong global pressure on that visa category.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Although I wasn't explicitely told of any quota or cap , the only reason I can[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > think of to explain this announced delay is that the office ran out of visa[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > which, as far as I believe, are distributed on a worldwide basis.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > In other words, visa caps might have been reached everywhere, and I believe this[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > NG will be filled up with questions like yours (and mine) very soon [/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Let's wait and see.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Cheers[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Francesco[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > On Thu, 20 Dec 2001 1:00:29 +0100, GeoffB wrote (in message[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > <[email protected]>):[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Hi all, My application is being processed by the London office as IT, I was[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > asked for my medicals and handed them in in late September, and that's the last[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > I have heard.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Speaking to my agent she seems to think that the quota has been reached for[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > this year. I was wondering if anyone else has heard or experienced the same.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Cheers[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > --[/usenetquote2]

[usenetquote2]> > ================================================== ============[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Posted with Hogwasher. Mac first, Mac only:[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > http://www.asar.com/cgi-bin/product.pl?58/hogwasher.html[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > ================================================== ============[/usenetquote2]

Old Dec 22nd 2001, 7:19 pm
Sidewalker

It took me exactly 2 months to get mine from DIMA Berlin.... if that helps you at
all... but that was last year.

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> > Same situation with DIMA in Berlin. It seems that even IT fast-track doesn't[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > help. I lodged my application on the 01/Aug/2001 and it apparently looks pretty[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > bad for this (immigration) year - June 2001 to July 2002.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Markus[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > frank wrote:[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Geoff, I believe quota has been reached in Italy too.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > My application (subclass 136s) is at the final stage but DIMIA manager in Rome[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > - a very efficient and kind person , like the rest of her staff - said she was[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > unable to predict when the visa will be effectively granted , because of the[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > strong global pressure on that visa category.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Although I wasn't explicitely told of any quota or cap , the only reason I can[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > think of to explain this announced delay is that the office ran out of visa[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > which, as far as I believe, are distributed on a worldwide basis.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > In other words, visa caps might have been reached everywhere, and I believe[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > this NG will be filled up with questions like yours (and mine) very soon [/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Let's wait and see.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Cheers[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Francesco[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > On Thu, 20 Dec 2001 1:00:29 +0100, GeoffB wrote (in message[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > <[email protected]>):[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > Hi all, My application is being processed by the London office as IT, I was[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > asked for my medicals and handed them in in late September, and that's the[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > last I have heard.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > Speaking to my agent she seems to think that the quota has been reached for[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > this year. I was wondering if anyone else has heard or experienced the same.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > Cheers[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > --[/usenetquote2]

[usenetquote2]> > > ================================================== ============[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Posted with Hogwasher. Mac first, Mac only:[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > http://www.asar.com/cgi-bin/product.pl?58/hogwasher.html[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > ================================================== ============[/usenetquote2]

Old Dec 26th 2001, 8:23 pm
thgr002

Just found your post, here's a post I made on 15 Dec 01 Steve

Hi All....

I'm an American and sent my application for immigration to the Washington DC embassy
in early April 2001. The application was a skilled independent for
IT. As I understood it, IT applications were to take priority and my job catagory
was on the MODL. Well, last week I received notice that my application has been
approved, but unfortunately the Washington office is out of visas for my
classification. They will receive some more at the start of their financial year
(July or August).

1. There were no difficulties with my application, why did it take 9 months?

2. Has anyone else received notice that Washington is out of visas?

3. Should I reapply at the Adelaide office? It appears to only take 4 months to get
an application through there.

4. An immigration attorney assured me that there wouldn't be an issue of running out
of their quota of visas as I was lodging my application close to the end of one
financial year, so I would be first in queue when the new batch arrived. Does
anyone of knowledge know if this should have been the case?

I sent an email to the Adelaide office asking if it would be prudent to reapply there
and received back a standard email that explained lengths of time for processing, and
never received an answer to any of my questions.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can direct me down a less curvy path.

Steve

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Dec 27th 2001, 10:47 pm
Mandy

we sent our medicals on 2 October and were granted a visa on 13 Dec. We applied IT
skilled at the london office. Think you ought to chase up your agent again.

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Dec 28th 2001, 12:48 am
Boom

Hi All,

I am from Bangkok, Thailand. Just call embassy yesterday. The officer said that they
are now pausing to issue PR visa due to half of 2002 visas (worldwide) were already
be granted. The situation cannot be predicted. Further processing will be resumed in
Feb or Mar.

Right now, my application is already pass 6 months processing period. Officer asked
me when my application be lodged and whether I am IT ... yes I am. Thus, she told me
to call her again in middle of Jan to check.

Good Luck for all Boom

Old Dec 28th 2001, 7:28 am
Frank

Hi Boom, Are they holding your passport already ?

Francesco

[email protected] (Boom)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >