Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Question: where do we get curtain rails?

Question: where do we get curtain rails?

Old Jul 11th 2008, 9:56 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Question: where do we get curtain rails?

.... I mean the ones that go around corners?

We have been looking everywhere for what in most places is a pretty common thing: a curtain rail that will fit into a square bay window. The recess is 2m wide and some 1.1m deep: all we want is a rail that forms a U shape and which supports two curtains which can be pulled right out to the ends of the recess.

We've tried Spotlight, Kresta and David Jones and no-one's ever heard of such a thing!
Old Jul 11th 2008, 10:04 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question: where do we get curtain rails?

Originally Posted by Wol

We have been looking everywhere for what in most places is a pretty common thing: a curtain rail that will fit into a square bay window. The recess is 2m wide and some 1.1m deep: all we want is a rail that forms a U shape and which supports two curtains which can be pulled right out to the ends of the recess.

We've tried Spotlight, Kresta and David Jones and no-one's ever heard of such a thing!
Give me the measurements and I'll pick you when one up when I go home next - never seen them over here
Old Jul 11th 2008, 10:11 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Give me the measurements and I'll pick you when one up when I go home next - never seen them over here
That's kind, Pauline - when are you going?
Old Jul 11th 2008, 10:12 am
Forum Regular

Sheilas Wheels has a spectacular aura aboutSheilas Wheels has a spectacular aura aboutSheilas Wheels has a spectacular aura about

Not too sure but think Ikea might have something!! worth a try!
Old Jul 11th 2008, 10:14 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wol

Worth a try.....Dollar curtains, Bunnings, Vista Blinds....Or Lincraft (they seem to have EVERYTHING)!
Old Jul 11th 2008, 10:18 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Oh god - not an ikea visit!

Bunnings don't - and who and where are Lincraft?

Trying to get *anything* in this place is an exercise in frustration - it consumes most of one's leisure time (which in my case, being retired, is all the time <g>)
Old Jul 11th 2008, 10:19 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wol

I could suggest a company in Brisbane that maybe able to help. It is called Man-O-War Products. They specialize in that sought of curtain rails that you describe, like the style they use in hospitals etc. I would assume they may have the goods sent to you if asked or suggest a retailer that they supply. They supply the firm that I work for, so we can supply the guys that outfit the hospitals.

Man-O-War Textiles
Category: Curtains--Tracks & Accessories
Address: 3/ 12 Dulacca St
Acacia Ridge
QLD, 4110
Australia
Contact Details
Ph: (07) 3276 1444

Last edited by The Bloke; Jul 11th 2008 at 10:26 am.
Old Jul 11th 2008, 10:20 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wol
Oh god - not an ikea visit!

Bunnings don't - and who and where are Lincraft?

Trying to get *anything* in this place is an exercise in frustration - it consumes most of one's leisure time (which in my case, being retired, is all the time <g>)
http://www.lincraft.com.au/ I believe you can shop on line.
Old Jul 11th 2008, 10:24 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by busterboy
http://www.lincraft.com.au/ I believe you can shop on line.
Thanks - I've just found their site - and the window hardware doesn't even have *rails*, let alone right angle ones! (It does have pull rods though <g>)
Old Jul 11th 2008, 10:32 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

These people (in Botany) reckon their rails are bendable to whatever shape you need:

http://www.curtrax.com.au/ozzie-tracks.htm
Old Jul 11th 2008, 10:32 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by The Bloke
I could suggest a company in Brisbane that maybe able to help. It is called Man-O-War Products. They specialize in that sought of curtain rails that you describe, like the style they use in hospitals etc. I would assume they may have the goods sent to you if asked or suggest a retailer that they supply. They supply the firm that I work for, so we can supply the guys that outfit the hospitals.

Man-O-War Textiles
Category: Curtains--Tracks & Accessories
Address: 3/ 12 Dulacca St
Acacia Ridge
QLD, 4110
Australia
Contact Details
Ph: (07) 3276 1444
Great: I've sent them an email and await results! thanks.
Old Jul 11th 2008, 10:45 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by NickyC
These people (in Botany) reckon their rails are bendable to whatever shape you need:

http://www.curtrax.com.au/ozzie-tracks.htm
Wonderful: I have emailed them too and will be able to call in and see them. Thanks again!
Old Jul 11th 2008, 11:08 am
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute

These are also bendable

http://www.decorama.com.au/dec-c03a.htm
Old Jul 11th 2008, 11:31 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by lesleys
Thanks again I'm investigating!