Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

A question on unrequested meds and police checks

A question on unrequested meds and police checks

Old Jan 4th 2006, 6:14 pm
Forum Regular

lisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nice
Default A question on unrequested meds and police checks

A question about having your medicals unrequested, we are applying for a Skilled – Independent (subclass 136) visa my fiance is coming with me as my de facto partner, and we will be having our meds unrequested, am i right in thinking that the forms needed are 26 for the meds, and 160 for the x rays and even though i am the main applicant my fiance will have to fill his own med and xray forms for himself. the reason for asking the last part of this question is that it asks for job to be undertaken in oz and it is i who has the job which is needed.

Also i have just received the police check forms, does anyone know which parts i tick when it asks for info held on the police national computer, eg manual info or computer information, and then there are a number of other categories underneath this which ones do we tick. Do we need to fill a form 1022 in as well, as some people have and others have not. We have only ever lived in the u.k. for more than a year.

thx for any advice. lisas
Old Jan 4th 2006, 6:20 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A question on unrequested meds and police checks

May be better asking in the immigration section of this forum.

Also, sorry, but I don't know about this, as we are at same stage as you but are not sending medicals yet
Old Jan 4th 2006, 9:23 pm
Laura & Nick

ljk888 has a brilliant futureljk888 has a brilliant futureljk888 has a brilliant futureljk888 has a brilliant futureljk888 has a brilliant futureljk888 has a brilliant futureljk888 has a brilliant futureljk888 has a brilliant future

Hi

We are going for a different visa, but we also front-loaded meds and police checks. Both of you need to be assesed for them both, and bring copies of the forms for the medicals (and xrays), as well as FINDING OUT WHERE THEY SHOULD BE SENT TO. We had a bit of nightmare when our doctor sent them to London instead of Oz when we hadn't included an address.

I would give them everything upfront, as long as you have the application number, and it will get done quicker.

Good luck, and watch out for the medicals (especially if a wussy bloke is involved )!

Laura

Originally Posted by lisas
A question about having your medicals unrequested, we are applying for a Skilled – Independent (subclass 136) visa my fiance is coming with me as my de facto partner, and we will be having our meds unrequested, am i right in thinking that the forms needed are 26 for the meds, and 160 for the x rays and even though i am the main applicant my fiance will have to fill his own med and xray forms for himself. the reason for asking the last part of this question is that it asks for job to be undertaken in oz and it is i who has the job which is needed.

Also i have just received the police check forms, does anyone know which parts i tick when it asks for info held on the police national computer, eg manual info or computer information, and then there are a number of other categories underneath this which ones do we tick. Do we need to fill a form 1022 in as well, as some people have and others have not. We have only ever lived in the u.k. for more than a year.

Old Jan 4th 2006, 10:52 pm
Forum Regular

lisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nice

[QUOTE=ljk888]Hi

We are going for a different visa, but we also front-loaded meds and police checks. Both of you need to be assesed for them both, and bring copies of the forms for the medicals (and xrays), as well as FINDING OUT WHERE THEY SHOULD BE SENT TO. We had a bit of nightmare when our doctor sent them to London instead of Oz when we hadn't included an address.

I would give them everything upfront, as long as you have the application number, and it will get done quicker.

Good luck, and watch out for the medicals (especially if a wussy bloke is involved )!
thx for the info, not sure where the medicals will be going to, we applied to adelaide, but it seems that sydney is the place to send them.
Old Jan 5th 2006, 5:39 pm
now just Shaun...

Shaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant future

Both of you need meds, see this thread for forms.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=338131

We have frontloaded, waiting 7 months for a CO now!
Old Jan 5th 2006, 6:54 pm
Kramer

CKramer is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Somebody! Please explain!

I am applying for 136 NON-MODL.
I have asessment and police certificate. And ready do medicine checks.

I would like to frontload everything as much as possible. What are my options?
Which documents can I send with aplication; police certificate and medicine results?

I see peoples timelines look like this:
- xx.xx.xx Application received by DIMIA
- Meds frontloaded
- xx.xx.xx Acknowledgement by Email
- xx.xx.xx Meds, PCC, Form 1022 requested
- xx.xx.xx Documents received by DIMIA
- xx.xx.xx Visa granted

Why in timelines people get requests for medicine and police certificate if they frontloaded it already? Is it automated request or you need to send police and medicine once again?

(Is that true that medicine require DIMIA case number and doctor supposed to send it directly?)
Old Jan 5th 2006, 7:11 pm
now just Shaun...

Shaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant future
Default Re: Somebody! Please explain!

Originally Posted by CKramer
I am applying for 136 NON-MODL.
I have asessment and police certificate. And ready do medicine checks.

I would like to frontload everything as much as possible. What are my options?
Which documents can I send with aplication; police certificate and medicine results?

I see peoples timelines look like this:
- xx.xx.xx Application received by DIMIA
- Meds frontloaded
- xx.xx.xx Acknowledgement by Email
- xx.xx.xx Meds, PCC, Form 1022 requested
- xx.xx.xx Documents received by DIMIA
- xx.xx.xx Visa granted

Why in timelines people get requests for medicine and police certificate if they frontloaded it already? Is it automated request or you need to send police and medicine once again?

(Is that true that medicine require DIMIA case number and doctor supposed to send it directly?)
I thought the medicals needed to be sent direct from the doctor and not by you. I obtained my police checks and sent them with my main application. If you follow the application instruction and include everything you need to, anything left out should be requested from the CO.
Shaun
Old Jan 5th 2006, 7:15 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shaun&Dee
Both of you need meds, see this thread for forms.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=338131

We have frontloaded, waiting 7 months for a CO now!
Which highlights the danger of frontloading. Frontloading seems to come and go in "fashion" but do remember that you have 12 months from the date of your medical or police check (whichever is earlier) to validate your visa.

If you have waited 7 months for a CO and say takes 10 months for the visa then you have 2 months to validate!!!!

There is a reason that immigration say not to do anything until asked..

Good luck all.
Old Jan 5th 2006, 7:32 pm
now just Shaun...

Originally Posted by Centurion
Which highlights the danger of frontloading. Frontloading seems to come and go in "fashion" but do remember that you have 12 months from the date of your medical or police check (whichever is earlier) to validate your visa.

If you have waited 7 months for a CO and say takes 10 months for the visa then you have 2 months to validate!!!!

Good luck all.
Indeed, I'm begining to realise that now.
Old Jan 7th 2006, 3:22 pm
Kramer

CKramer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Centurion

Good luck all.
If in our class 136, whole psocess takes no longer than 8 months then it's safe to frontload meds?
In case it expires I can re-do meds no problem.
Or there is something else I don't know of?
Old Jan 7th 2006, 3:48 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lisas

You need to tick the box for a Police National Computer check - ignore all the rest
Your query about the "job to be undertaken in Aus" is because if you are working in health care, and sometimes with kids, they may have to do an extra blood test (for Hep, I think) . Its not related to whether you are the main applicant or not.