Reload this Page >

Question After Visa Granted???

Question After Visa Granted???

Old Feb 25th 2007, 5:45 am
Forum Regular

aliawan8118 will become famous soon enough
Question Question After Visa Granted???

HI Every One
As i have told you that i have granted my Visa as on 23/02/2007. in my grant letter it was written that i may get concession in Air Fare under the International Migration OrganizationIMO policy.
I Dont know anything about this that how it works? i will be greatfull to all of you if some one let me know that what is the critiria. I really dont know any anything about this.
Please reply Soon
will be really greatfull for this Help
thanks
Old Feb 25th 2007, 7:42 am
Forum Regular

SJFothe is a jewel in the roughSJFothe is a jewel in the roughSJFothe is a jewel in the roughSJFothe is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Question After Visa Granted???

We got our visas on 21/2 still not sunk in yet!! We had the same info from IOM about reduced fares and increased baggage. I emailed them they told me to send info about when we want to travel, where were we headed, and where we wanted to fly from. Expecting a reply on monday they seem quite helpful. Also looked at quotes on the internet all seem around £600 each because tax is £150 - this is to fly in July. I'm a school teacher and it makes sense for me to work till July and then I automatically get holiday pay till end of August.
Old Feb 25th 2007, 9:48 am
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aliawan8118
HI Every One
As i have told you that i have granted my Visa as on 23/02/2007. in my grant letter it was written that i may get concession in Air Fare under the International Migration OrganizationIMO policy.
I Dont know anything about this that how it works? i will be greatfull to all of you if some one let me know that what is the critiria. I really dont know any anything about this.
Please reply Soon
will be really greatfull for this Help
thanks
yep i think we all get it - we have booked with singapore airlines and got the baggage allowance automatically - your visa has to have a particular statement in it to qualify.

we are flying out June 24th, 2007.

Our tickets were:

Tickets: Adult - £1,074.00 (£358.00 x 3) Child - GBP268.00 (£268.00 x 1)
Airport/Government Taxes: Adult - £170.70 (£56.90 x 3)Child - £56.90 (£56.90 x 1)
Carrier Surcharges: Adult - GBP178.20 (£59.40 x 3)Child - £59.40 (£59.40 x 1)
Total: - £1,807.20
Old Feb 25th 2007, 10:02 am
Forum Regular

Location: Was Gold Coast, Australia... now living in Notts, UK
horrigans is a splendid one to beholdhorrigans is a splendid one to beholdhorrigans is a splendid one to beholdhorrigans is a splendid one to beholdhorrigans is a splendid one to beholdhorrigans is a splendid one to beholdhorrigans is a splendid one to beholdhorrigans is a splendid one to beholdhorrigans is a splendid one to beholdhorrigans is a splendid one to beholdhorrigans is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by CathnPaul
yep i think we all get it - we have booked with singapore airlines and got the baggage allowance automatically - your visa has to have a particular statement in it to qualify.

we are flying out June 24th, 2007.

Our tickets were:

Tickets: Adult - £1,074.00 (£358.00 x 3) Child - GBP268.00 (£268.00 x 1)
Airport/Government Taxes: Adult - £170.70 (£56.90 x 3)Child - £56.90 (£56.90 x 1)
Carrier Surcharges: Adult - GBP178.20 (£59.40 x 3)Child - £59.40 (£59.40 x 1)
Total: - £1,807.20
Did you book direct with Singapore Airlines, Cath? We booked with them via Opodo (four of us cost £2000 for return tickets), but I can't see anything about an automatic additional baggage allowance. We fly out on 30th April - do you think we should contact them to ensure that we do get our extra baggage allowance. I know we've got return tickets, but we're still validating our visa and we're only doing it this way because we need to come back to sort some stuff out prior to getting our one-way tickets in about October-ish.

What do you reckon?

Sarah

PS Roll on April 30th!!! Can't wait!
Old Feb 26th 2007, 7:02 am
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by horrigans
Did you book direct with Singapore Airlines, Cath? We booked with them via Opodo (four of us cost £2000 for return tickets), but I can't see anything about an automatic additional baggage allowance. We fly out on 30th April - do you think we should contact them to ensure that we do get our extra baggage allowance. I know we've got return tickets, but we're still validating our visa and we're only doing it this way because we need to come back to sort some stuff out prior to getting our one-way tickets in about October-ish.

What do you reckon?

Sarah

PS Roll on April 30th!!! Can't wait!
Yes booked direct with singapore airlines - I think it is to do with your return tickets...we got a seperate email that said the following after I emailed them:

Passengers emigrating to Australia in Economy Class are entitled to double baggage allowance if holding the correct visa.

The visa must be an unused migrant visa that states to remain in Australia indefinitely. If you are holding this visa you will be entitled to 40kgs baggage allowance on showing the visa at check in.

You can have as many items of luggage as you wish providing 1 item alone does not exceed 32kgs for health and safety purposes.

If you are not holding the correct visa then we will only be able to waive 5kgs to bring the total baggage allowance to 25kgs. This again will be upon check in.

All passengers are entitled to 1 piece of hand luggage at 7kgs. Hand luggage allowance can not be exceeded 115cm by W x D x H

Our airport staff will check you have the correct visa and authorise the amount for you there and then.

Kind regards
Singapore Airlines

Here is the link which I emailed them on to enquire about it - as long as you have that email - I am sure there will be no problem.

[email protected]

I have also just checked on opodo how much it would have cost us with them and its dearer than what we have got so am relieved now. lol.

Last edited by CathnPaul; Feb 26th 2007 at 7:05 am.
Old Feb 26th 2007, 8:11 am
Forum Regular

horrigans is a splendid one to beholdhorrigans is a splendid one to beholdhorrigans is a splendid one to beholdhorrigans is a splendid one to beholdhorrigans is a splendid one to beholdhorrigans is a splendid one to beholdhorrigans is a splendid one to beholdhorrigans is a splendid one to beholdhorrigans is a splendid one to beholdhorrigans is a splendid one to beholdhorrigans is a splendid one to behold

Here is the link which I emailed them on to enquire about it - as long as you have that email - I am sure there will be no problem.

[email protected]

I have also just checked on opodo how much it would have cost us with them and its dearer than what we have got so am relieved now. lol.
Brilliant - thanks for that! I've sent them an e-mail so hopefully they'll confirm the baggage allowance for us too. Might consider packing my 13 month old in one of the cases and get a bit of kip on the flight myself instead...

Sarah
Old Feb 26th 2007, 8:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Brilliant - thanks for that! I've sent them an e-mail so hopefully they'll confirm the baggage allowance for us too. Might consider packing my 13 month old in one of the cases and get a bit of kip on the flight myself instead...

Sarah
LOL - nice one.

Let us know when you hear back.
Old Feb 26th 2007, 4:00 pm
Forum Regular

LOL - nice one.

Let us know when you hear back.
Just had an e-mail back - identical to the one you were sent. Excellent! Oodles of luggage here we come!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Sarah
Old Feb 27th 2007, 1:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Just had an e-mail back - identical to the one you were sent. Excellent! Oodles of luggage here we come!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Sarah
Your welcome - dont forget to print it off just in case. x