Queensland Ambulance Service

Queensland Ambulance Service

Old Jul 20th 2008, 3:49 pm
Just Joined

onemanclapping is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Queensland Ambulance Service

Originally Posted by sla453
(off topic I know)

FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO K...

Crown coming tomorrow to ship our stuff - what's the medical term for 'head up arse'??
Sent mine last week with Seven Seas. Packed it all really carefully, double checked everything then, once they'd gone, found stuff that should have gone
Old Jul 20th 2008, 4:09 pm
Somewhere in Oz

sla453 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by onemanclapping
Sent mine last week with Seven Seas. Packed it all really carefully, double checked everything then, once they'd gone, found stuff that should have gone
Which induction course are you on?? I'm on the october 1..

Did they give you some idea how long your stuff would take?? Our's said about 8 weeks - could be sooner, could be longer! Kinda covers it..!!
Old Jul 20th 2008, 4:29 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Did they give you some idea how long your stuff would take?? Our's said about 8 weeks - could be sooner, could be longer! Kinda covers it..!!
8 weeks bare minimum, you'd be lucky to get it to the port this end in less. Its then at the mercy of the ports, and they can take several more weeks to clear it.
Old Jul 20th 2008, 5:08 pm
Forum Regular

katie999 is an unknown quantity at this point

thats a bit of a pain if you get a house and have no furniture..... bean bags and toasties all round! lol
Old Jul 20th 2008, 5:20 pm
Just Joined

I'm on Sept 1st course, my stuff is gonna be at least 12 weeks but there's no furniture anyway. All of that's staying in my house as I'm renting it furnished. It's just clothes & personal stuff so not too bothered how long it takes.
Old Jul 21st 2008, 9:04 am
Forum Regular

John_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud of

I'm on Sept 1st course, my stuff is gonna be at least 12 weeks but there's no furniture anyway. All of that's staying in my house as I'm renting it furnished. It's just clothes & personal stuff so not too bothered how long it takes.
Hi mate

I also have only personal belongings to ship i.e. no furniture. Who did you ship with and how much did it cost you. Thanks

John
Old Jul 21st 2008, 9:11 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by John_R
Hi mate

I also have only personal belongings to ship i.e. no furniture. Who did you ship with and how much did it cost you. Thanks

John
I shipped with seven seas, I don't think they were the cheapest but my brother works for a Maersk Sea line & he recommended them as being one of the best. I shipped 4 Tea Chest size boxes (which they supply, along with bubble wrap & packing tape) for £359 door to door from Solihull to Yeppoon in QL. If you go to there website you can get an instant quote which is quite handy.
The address is http://www.sevenseasworldwide.com/ Hope that helps.
Old Jul 21st 2008, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

John_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud of

I shipped with seven seas, I don't think they were the cheapest but my brother works for a Maersk Sea line & he recommended them as being one of the best. I shipped 4 Tea Chest size boxes (which they supply, along with bubble wrap & packing tape) for £359 door to door from Solihull to Yeppoon in QL. If you go to there website you can get an instant quote which is quite handy.
The address is http://www.sevenseasworldwide.com/ Hope that helps.

Thanks mate
Old Jul 21st 2008, 3:56 pm
Forum Regular

katie999 is an unknown quantity at this point

for anyone whos already been on the induction, do the QAS put you up mon to fri for the 3 weeks and you have to get your own accomodation at the weekends, or is it the entire 3 weeks you are sorted for?
Old Jul 21st 2008, 7:49 pm
Just Joined

MonkeyJismTea is an unknown quantity at this point

Has anyone got an interview date for this year yet? I was told they are coming in August. Does anyone know if this is correct
Old Jul 21st 2008, 9:06 pm
I've got time . . . . .

temptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by katie999
for anyone whos already been on the induction, do the QAS put you up mon to fri for the 3 weeks and you have to get your own accomodation at the weekends, or is it the entire 3 weeks you are sorted for?
I came home, you could stay the weekend if you wished.
Old Jul 21st 2008, 9:39 pm
Just Joined

alanallin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MonkeyJismTea
Has anyone got an interview date for this year yet? I was told they are coming in August. Does anyone know if this is correct
hiya i email qas last week and they said no dates have been set for this year yet
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 9:26 am
Just Joined

Tilly mint is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by katie999
Hi Katie999, accomodation is available, if your tent is further then 20 miles away. will pm you.
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 2:52 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alanallin
hiya i email qas last week and they said no dates have been set for this year yet
Just a guess but QAS might have to make a good case for being allowed to fly over this year. The amount spent by that division on overseas travel last year was rather large.........

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/s...1-3102,00.html

And while sourcing the link for that I found this one - not sure if it ever made it onto the thread. If it did I apologise for re-posting it.

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/s...0-3102,00.html

I heard a fairly senior member of QAS staff talking on the latter subject recently, I won't reveal the comments that got my back up (before he realised I'm a Pom too) but it was fairly clear that QAS had not a lot of symmpathy for anyone in the position of the guy in the article. (Mr Peaple, if you post on here I might reveal my source if you pm me!!!)

Last edited by Pollyana; Jul 22nd 2008 at 3:15 pm.
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 6:23 pm
Just Joined

UKQAS is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Just a guess but QAS might have to make a good case for being allowed to fly over this year. The amount spent by that division on overseas travel last year was rather large.........

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/s...1-3102,00.html

And while sourcing the link for that I found this one - not sure if it ever made it onto the thread. If it did I apologise for re-posting it.

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/s...0-3102,00.html

I heard a fairly senior member of QAS staff talking on the latter subject recently, I won't reveal the comments that got my back up (before he realised I'm a Pom too) but it was fairly clear that QAS had not a lot of symmpathy for anyone in the position of the guy in the article. (Mr Peaple, if you post on here I might reveal my source if you pm me!!!)

Name and shame these bullies.

There is a bullying, fanatical and unsympathetic centre to QAS management at the moment. This is a Queensland thing (see Rudds attitude to the public staff in Canberra and their grievances) and a hangover from the late-not so great Higgins and the team of jackals he surrounded himself with.

In many local areas managers are not so bad, though there is a little bit of anti-pom feeling from some union and management. In reality this is no worse than you would experience changing counties in the UK.

Staff are treated as expendible here but if you don't worry about things out of your control too much it wont matter to you.

If they treated the staff better by way of pay and conditions I firmly believe that they wouldn't be a failing service. If they used encouragement, improved pay and conditions and and fostered a team spirit instead of the "big stick" things here would run much better.

Apart from that it's a good move so don't worry!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.