Queensland Ambulance Service

Old Apr 29th 2007, 5:17 pm
Somewhere in Oz

sla453 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Queensland Ambulance Service

Originally Posted by k_j
Hey Tetley,

Nice one!Congrats!

I am a tech (so won't be able to apply anyway) but live near leicester.

So where'll you be heading?
Wrong - very wrong....

My friend a tech and has just been successful at interview in London!!

Get yer application in..
Old Apr 29th 2007, 5:20 pm
Somewhere in Oz

sla453 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Paraken
Hello everyone, just thought i'd let you know that we'll be off to Ipswich Queensland on the 6th June.
Shippers are coming on the 1st/2nd May to take our gear (20ft container £3400 PSS) then we'll be off to the outlaws till we fly out.
Last shift with the LAS on the 23rd May, booked ourselves in to the Brisbane Holiday Village for three weeks ($1800 for 5 of us) and hired a car for ten days till we can buy one.
Two springers will be staying with the outlaws till we settle and find rental that will take dogs (£4000 airpets).
Still have to sell the car and bike before we go but will leave that till the last couple of weeks.

So thats about it for now, just trying to sort out whats going in the container and whats coming with us in the cases.

See you all soon

Nice one mate..

Let me know how you get on with your two Springers.. Decided that mine is coming with us now!!
Old Apr 29th 2007, 9:24 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

If any of you end up at Kedron Park (HQ) for training or anything, make sure you give me a shout won't you. I'll introdce you to the local watering hole
Old Apr 29th 2007, 10:06 pm
Forum Regular

Paraken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Pollyana
If any of you end up at Kedron Park (HQ) for training or anything, make sure you give me a shout won't you. I'll introdce you to the local watering hole
I'm starting on the July 16th Induction course in Brisbane, i'm not sure how far that is from Kedron but a drink does sound like a good idea.
Old Apr 29th 2007, 10:30 pm
Forum Regular

jackhigh is a jewel in the roughjackhigh is a jewel in the roughjackhigh is a jewel in the roughjackhigh is a jewel in the rough

Tetley
perhaps I will just be a Paramedic in a hot climate instead!!!!!

Go home , surf, drink beer and drive a landy!!!

Can't smile wide enough

Tetley
listen everyone, a cautious word of warning! My OH recently started with QAS working in the south east area of Brisbane, at least 50 hours a week, rarely finish on time, sometimes up to 2 hours late, get home, knackered, 10 hour shifts(plus late finishing) therefore 4 or 5 days/lates/nights in a row with only 2 or 3 days off (not very family friendly). As much as you all moan about the UK ambulance service (and my OH was no different) she says that the conditions of employment, amount of rest days and your employment rights in the UK are far superior to that in Queensland.
Dont want to be all doom and gloom but try to be a little realistic in the sort of work/life aspect you can expect in oz when you get there.

Before we got our visas we had been to oz 3 times in recent years so we kinda knew how things would be.
Its not dampened her enthusiasm for oz but when I eventually get out there and we get sorted she will probably look for other employment.

To all you who have never been before to oz we dont want to put anyone off, just try to be a little more realistic as to what you might find.
Old Apr 30th 2007, 1:44 am
Banned

AlbieLittle is a jewel in the roughAlbieLittle is a jewel in the roughAlbieLittle is a jewel in the roughAlbieLittle is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by jackhigh
Tetley

listen everyone, a cautious word of warning! My OH recently started with QAS working in the south east area of Brisbane, at least 50 hours a week, rarely finish on time, sometimes up to 2 hours late, get home, knackered, 10 hour shifts(plus late finishing) therefore 4 or 5 days/lates/nights in a row with only 2 or 3 days off (not very family friendly). As much as you all moan about the UK ambulance service (and my OH was no different) she says that the conditions of employment, amount of rest days and your employment rights in the UK are far superior to that in Queensland.
Dont want to be all doom and gloom but try to be a little realistic in the sort of work/life aspect you can expect in oz when you get there.

Before we got our visas we had been to oz 3 times in recent years so we kinda knew how things would be.
Its not dampened her enthusiasm for oz but when I eventually get out there and we get sorted she will probably look for other employment.

To all you who have never been before to oz we dont want to put anyone off, just try to be a little more realistic as to what you might find.

It was in the paper at the weekend that QLD ambo service is so over stretched that they had student paramedics manning the stations ALONE
Old Apr 30th 2007, 2:39 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paraken
I'm starting on the July 16th Induction course in Brisbane, i'm not sure how far that is from Kedron but a drink does sound like a good idea.
I'm sure you'll be around HQ at some point - give me a yell through the forum when you get here (or just before, and I'll forward my mobile number)
Old Apr 30th 2007, 6:43 am
k_j
Just Joined

k_j is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jackhigh
Tetley

Exactly! It just makes you wonder why they are coming all the way around the world to recruit....I know queensland has an increasing population, and that it has changed to a 'free service' so demand has increased, BUT where are all the old staff?Why only students? There HAS to be an element of fishiness about the whole thing....What do you think?
Old Apr 30th 2007, 7:42 am
Forum Regular

Tetley999 will become famous soon enoughTetley999 will become famous soon enough

Mate, i'm under no illusions that it will be a 37.5 hour a week job, but where i am now i am doing 12 hour shifts and still finishing late!! As a manager we are expected to do lates and cover weekends 2/4, at least on a rota you get off days.

like i said in the post, i will just do the 1 job, ......paramedic.

Besides i have bought some flowery shorts now,,,,,,,,,,and i can't wear them in Birmingham!!!

Tetley
</IMG>
Old Apr 30th 2007, 7:46 am
skye

Morning Tetley! - Now thats another image I have of you x

Old Apr 30th 2007, 8:39 am
Home and Happy

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/s...003426,00.html

Today's Courier Mail
Old Apr 30th 2007, 12:53 pm
skye

Thanks Pollyanna - now being fowarded round the UK services! - a drink sounds good - we are hoping to be on the september course but coming out July/August..

Old Apr 30th 2007, 1:45 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by skye
Thanks Pollyanna - now being fowarded round the UK services! - a drink sounds good - we are hoping to be on the september course but coming out July/August..
We'll have to try and do an Emergency Services meet-up or something once a few of you are here!!
Old Apr 30th 2007, 5:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

sals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to all

Originally Posted by skye
Me too! Me too! Will be further north but down at Kedron hopefully September for induction.

Now I'm just gonna have a quick moan ............ sorry I'll apologise now BUT
I'm sick of waiting for my UK PCC where the heck is it??????????? day 32 still counting
I'm stuck at work til 20.00 who's stupid idea was that!!!!!! and I'm really fed up
Moan over somebody get me to Oz soon I can't cope with the wait
Old May 1st 2007, 12:41 pm
skye

Hi Pollyana - can you tell me how long the queensland police check takes... that is what we are wiating for with our applications...... thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.