Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Queensland Ambulance Service

Queensland Ambulance Service

Old Apr 26th 2007, 5:21 pm
skye

Default Re: Queensland Ambulance Service

Hi Sla!

We too, just waiting for the job offer... meds and PCC all done as you know... we are aiming at the 2nd July to fly out ready for the 16th July course. if we miss this we will still go out in July and have a little holiday before the next course in september

Tetley - we are on for your BBQ - we have sampled your cooking and its ACE!!! x

Old Apr 26th 2007, 5:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

sals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to all

Originally Posted by sla453
Hi Sals..

I work for NWAS too - located somewhere that has a big tower by the seside!! and donkeys on the beach (4 legged not 2 legged!!)

I had sucessful interview in march, just waiting now for PCC and meds to clear. Not heard anything else yet though..

Your right - there isn't going to be anybody else left!! Quite a few from my area are seriously considering applying - techs as well.!!

Wife and I are going over for a reccy in june - Cairns and Brisbane. Should have a 'get-together' and confer notes..
Get together would be great. I live in Lancs (Chorley as it says) work in Manchester. Am going to the Lancs meet up 2nd June as posted on this site if you are interested in coming along, if you can't make it pm me and we'll try to arrange something.

Tetley,
Am hoping to be there late July, early August so I'm up for your BBQ on the beach. Look forward to it.

xxx
Old Apr 26th 2007, 5:59 pm
leave the swelling!!

The Pink Panther is just really niceThe Pink Panther is just really niceThe Pink Panther is just really niceThe Pink Panther is just really niceThe Pink Panther is just really niceThe Pink Panther is just really niceThe Pink Panther is just really niceThe Pink Panther is just really nice

Hi Sals!

As I have put in another post, we have tested Tetleys cooking and its ACE!!! - apart from his chicken which is undercooked! but his sausage (I am told) is excellent
Old Apr 26th 2007, 5:59 pm
Somewhere in Oz

sla453 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by sals
Get together would be great. I live in Lancs (Chorley as it says) work in Manchester. Am going to the Lancs meet up 2nd June as posted on this site if you are interested in coming along, if you can't make it pm me and we'll try to arrange something.

Tetley,
Am hoping to be there late July, early August so I'm up for your BBQ on the beach. Look forward to it.

xxx
Will consult my secretary - would be good to meet a few new faces!! Will get back to you..

Old Apr 26th 2007, 6:00 pm
leave the swelling!!

The Pink Panther is just really niceThe Pink Panther is just really niceThe Pink Panther is just really niceThe Pink Panther is just really niceThe Pink Panther is just really niceThe Pink Panther is just really niceThe Pink Panther is just really niceThe Pink Panther is just really nice

Sals - this is Skye - the pink panther is my OH!!!! he is obviously having a sneaky look on here without me knowing!! LOL
Old Apr 26th 2007, 6:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

sals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Pollyana
As an employee (at the moment) of Emergency Services in Queensland, I definitely don't want to be seen as putting anyone off. But please take on board the comments from the people who have been advised they will probably be stationed in rural areas at first.

The main problem in recruiting is that people no longer want to work in remote areas, on the whole. So be prepared to serve your first couple of years in somewhere slightly more remote than Brisbane or Cairns.
This week's vacancy list - for example - Townsville/Yeppoon/Gladstone/Tully/Silkwood/Mareeba/
Charters Towers/Mount Garnet/Home Hill and finally one in Cairns. No Brisbane, thats not unusual, thats the norm.

Some lovely places to visit, but you need to think very hard and do your research, especially if you are moving a young family. These places may suit you, as everyone has different requirements and expectations, but be warned - that Cairns vacancy will go to someone who has served his/her time. If you are doing a reccie - go outside of the cities, and try and see what life would be like living in a very rural area for a couple of years. I really admire you guys cos I couldn't do the job you do; and I'd love to see you work for 'my' Dept, cos its a good one, but I'd hate to see you lose heart because you were faced with a posting you never expected.
Hi Pollyanna,
Think you are right to tell how it is. We definitely took remote and rural into consideration when I applied and although we'd love to be in Townsville are realistic that we may possibly end up Charters Towers as they have big recruitment problems. We spent alot of time deciding whether we could live with this and came up with a resounding yes. If this is the outome we'll see how it goes and maybe request a transfer when I've served my time. Have to say there are some positives to more rural areas, I've found that you get extra allowances on wages (not the be all and end all but a help) and when looking at property it's about half the price of the popular areas. So for us it's swings and roundabouts. But that's the payoff for a whole new way of life.
Old Apr 26th 2007, 6:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by The Pink Panther
Hi Sals!

As I have put in another post, we have tested Tetleys cooking and its ACE!!! - apart from his chicken which is undercooked! but his sausage (I am told) is excellent
I'm not sure I want to know how you know about his sausage!!!!! lol
Old Apr 26th 2007, 6:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sals - this is Skye - the pink panther is my OH!!!! he is obviously having a sneaky look on here without me knowing!! LOL
lol
You just can't trust these men!!!!!!
They need to learn and remember that we are all seeing and all knowing and can't get away with anything, we always find out!!!!!!! lol
Old Apr 26th 2007, 6:06 pm
leave the swelling!!

She's in the bath so WHATEVER!!!!!!
Old Apr 26th 2007, 7:55 pm
Somewhere in Oz

She's in the bath so WHATEVER!!!!!!
Ang on, ang on.... so let me get this right..

The Pink Panther - you are a 'him'? Skye - your the boss and a 'her' ?? Correct??

Sorry, I had it the other way round - oops!! It's been a long day
Old Apr 26th 2007, 9:48 pm
Banned

AlbieLittle is a jewel in the roughAlbieLittle is a jewel in the roughAlbieLittle is a jewel in the roughAlbieLittle is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by tyne
Is it worth spending £???? on a recce when i know i will love the place anyway.
always amazes me when I read those statements! How do you know?
Old Apr 26th 2007, 11:39 pm
Forum Regular

tyne is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AlbieLittle
always amazes me when I read those statements! How do you know?
I dont know 100% of course, but i have spoken to lots of people who have visited and/or lived in Oz. The general feeling i get from these people, and also the various forums i have been reading is that Queensland has to offer me what i want for my family and myself.
Old Apr 26th 2007, 11:47 pm
Forum Regular

tyne is an unknown quantity at this point

If there is any Paramedics who have moved from the UK to Queensland i would love to hear some feedback from you about where you have been stationed, what type of area (rural/urban) and your general feelings on the work and lifestyle compared to the UK.

Thanks
Old Apr 27th 2007, 6:14 am
skye

Originally Posted by sla453
Ang on, ang on.... so let me get this right..

The Pink Panther - you are a 'him'? Skye - your the boss and a 'her' ?? Correct??

Sorry, I had it the other way round - oops!! It's been a long day
That is right! - When you looking at going out?

Old Apr 27th 2007, 7:31 am
Somewhere in Oz

Originally Posted by skye
That is right! - When you looking at going out?
Going over for a holiday/reccy june 8th... Not sure when for good? House to sell first!!

So you all ready to go? July!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.