Qantas Airlines

Old Jul 24th 2008, 8:25 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Qantas Airlines

Originally Posted by bigAPE
What was the problem you had ?
Broken seats......and complete indifference to my plight (on more than one occasion).

Broken entertainment system (regular).

Lost luggage a number of times.......again complete indifference from the airline.

The most cramped flight I have ever had.

I have flown to Australia half a dozen times with SIA especially since Malaysia stopped flying from manchester.

I have just booked to fly with Qantas......even though it means going to Heathrow.

G

Last edited by Grayling; Jul 24th 2008 at 8:28 am.
Old Jul 24th 2008, 9:08 am
No Clean Feed

bigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
Broken seats......and complete indifference to my plight (on more than one occasion).

Broken entertainment system (regular).

Lost luggage a number of times.......again complete indifference from the airline.

The most cramped flight I have ever had.
Broken seats SUCK. I had one on a QANTAS flight from LAX to MEL in March and the seat kept sliding back slowing. The crew kept telling me to put my seat upright during take off and the meal. I tried to explain that it was the seat and not me but they got really upset and said "well you'll just have to lean forward then!"

The entertainment systems always seem to break down. I've had that a few times over the years with a number of airlines. I generally take a laptop with me filled with TV and Films these days, but I do hope that the later 777 and the new A380's will be more reliable.

I tend to put lost luggage down to the local handlers than the airline.

To be honest I find all the carriers cramped in Economy. Fact of life it seems.
Old Jul 24th 2008, 9:11 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bigAPE

To be honest I find all the carriers cramped in Economy. Fact of life it seems.
Indeed......there is really not a lot between the airlines in terms of comfort......not over a 13 hour flight

Qantas have a big advantage for me this time.........the tickets were free

G
Old Jul 24th 2008, 12:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really nice

Originally Posted by Grayling
Indeed......there is really not a lot between the airlines in terms of comfort......not over a 13 hour flight

Qantas have a big advantage for me this time.........the tickets were free

G
Same here lol. I've been sent the e-ticket by my company so Quantas it is...$2200 worth of flights for free
Old Jul 24th 2008, 1:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by thedons
I think that it really depends on which or what crew turn up, and which sector that they are doing!

Having said that Singapore would be my first choice, flew from bkk with Qantas last time and really surprised me, they were bloody fantastic
absolutely agree with this! it can come down to who is working on that shfit, flight etc.

i have heard lots of negative things about many airlines ( i used to work at Sydney airport) and sometimes it can come down to who was working on the day.

however when the same issues keep cropping up that is when a change in system, and training etc needs to take place.

please notify the airline through their customer feedback or complaints department. If they are not aware- changes can't be made.
at the major airports, airlines have offices, like at Sydney. go see them direct even.

and yes i know that at times that can seem like it falls on deaf ears. unfortunately some things never change or take a long time to.
Old Jul 24th 2008, 1:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

the4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by bcworld
No you won't receive anything in the post - you should have got an email with a PDF file containing details of your flight. You don't need to bring this to the airport, you don't need to bring anything to the airport except yourself and your photo ID.

If you want to print off a confirmation of your booking go here:

http://www.qantas.com.au/regions/do/dyn/yourBooking

Although you will need your booking reference (6 character code).
Hi, I have booked with Lufthansa and so far just have to booking reference number. Do you know if this is all I need when checking in or will I receive tickets before we go?

Thanks, Lynn xx
Old Jul 24th 2008, 10:08 pm
Just Joined

EarthWalker is an unknown quantity at this point

First class, Business class, Economy class you get what you pay for -right? Of couse if you support an overseas airline the money is available for improvements for their aircraft and crew. Don't you think if we invested more in our own then the rewards would become evident?
Old Jul 24th 2008, 10:26 pm
No Clean Feed

bigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EarthWalker
First class, Business class, Economy class you get what you pay for -right? Of couse if you support an overseas airline the money is available for improvements for their aircraft and crew. Don't you think if we invested more in our own then the rewards would become evident?
Happy too, if they invest in customer service. They are running a business after all.

Some of us can't afford to pay the extortionate fares for Business class, et al. Those who do tend to travel very little or have it paid for by a company. I don't think I know anyone who flies frequently and happily pays double (plus) for those seats.

Last edited by bigAPE; Jul 24th 2008 at 10:28 pm.
Old Jul 24th 2008, 10:48 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EarthWalker
My personal opinion is that Qantas service just keeps getting worse & worse - my opinions are based on my domestic travel experiences as I generally wont even consider them for long haul now. By spending my $'s with them, just because they're Australian, I feel that I am validating that continual erosion of service and Geoff Dixon et all will just keep cutting further.

Singapore, Emirates, Malaysian all also employ significant numbers of Aussies so I have no problems spending my dollars with them. These airlines also want to bring increased competition to Australian airfares.....Qantas in collusion with the Australian government works to stifle competition and keep airfares high for Australians.....look at the LAX route.

Misplaced loyalty in my opinion.
Old Jul 24th 2008, 11:12 pm
Just Joined

Maybe it's just me with this airy-fairy idea that they'd do the right thing with local support. I'v just booked 9th - 29th Oct Brisbane to London HR for $2220 inclusive return with Qantas. Comparable costs with the other recommended overseas airlines Singapore $2284 and Emirates $2701. Qantas is affordable! While I was searching for flight deals Qantas hardly showed up as an option. Have the travel agents given up on them also or is it more profitable for them to book for our overseas airlines? People complain about seats and tv screens being broken, how do we know that these are not reported for repair for the next traveller. I guess I will just have to report my experience after my trip but "Hey always the optimist"!
Old Jul 24th 2008, 11:32 pm
Just Joined

I just wanted to add this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skytrax :-)