Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Pubs shut on Good Friday!!! what other days???

Pubs shut on Good Friday!!! what other days???

Old Apr 14th 2006, 8:48 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Pubs shut on Good Friday!!! what other days???

Word of warning to anyone about to emigrate we just found out today all pubs in Queensland shut on Good Friday ruins a tradition of bank holiday drinking... .

So what other day do all the pubs shut???
Old Apr 14th 2006, 8:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pubs shut on Good Friday!!! what other days???

Originally Posted by annqldau
Word of warning to anyone about to emigrate we just found out today all pubs in Queensland shut on Good Friday ruins a tradition of bank holiday drinking... .

Well that's just not on !!

Do they do that in South Australia too anyone??
Old Apr 14th 2006, 8:57 am
Banned

232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute

Surely that's what the 'pub' in public holiday stands for isn't it???
Old Apr 14th 2006, 9:02 am
BE Enthusiast

KayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud of

I think from what I remember - more things are shut on Good Friday than on Christmas Day!
Old Apr 14th 2006, 9:05 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

I used to hate Good Friday in Ireland when i was younger,i know shame on me.All the pubs shut,off licenses, nearly all the shops,cinemas shut.all that you could do was go to church about 3 times and pray.The only treat that you were allowed was a hot cross bun. irishbloo
Old Apr 14th 2006, 9:08 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irishbloo
I used to hate Good Friday in Ireland when i was younger,i know shame on me.All the pubs shut,off licenses, nearly all the shops,cinemas shut.all that you could do was go to church about 3 times and pray.The only treat that you were allowed was a hot cross bun. irishbloo
Sounds like Queensland
Old Apr 14th 2006, 9:18 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Question Re: Pubs shut on Good Friday!!! what other days???

Surely there's more to life than pubs?
Old Apr 14th 2006, 9:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede

:scared:
Old Apr 14th 2006, 9:22 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Pubs shut on Good Friday!!! what other days???

Originally Posted by WendyC
:scared:
Old Apr 14th 2006, 9:24 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
of course there is.all im saying when i was younger Good Friday was a very strange day.we werent allowed to play music or eat anything other then our main meals.It was a very quiet day that you spent most of the day going back and fourth to the church. irishbloo
Old Apr 14th 2006, 9:39 am
Forum Regular

JAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond repute

Would have to add to the warning that the shops are all shut too. I didnt realise and thought it was just Easter Sunday they closes and I promised the kids that they could go and get cookie mixture, biscuit cutters etc to have an Easter Baking Day. Wondered why Coles car park was empty.

Never mind, will know next year.

Jaymac x
Old Apr 14th 2006, 10:12 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

You can only drink with a meal in Perth today.
Old Apr 14th 2006, 11:00 am
BE Enthusiast

harveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by worzel
You can only drink with a meal in Perth today.
At least you can get a meal! Adelaide is like a friggin ghost town.

Di
Old Apr 14th 2006, 11:39 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

That just sucks eh!!....p!ssed us off, everyone back home would be having a good time & its as if OZ is in complete lock down!!!!

We moved house yesterday,looking forward to a big food shop today(totally unaware ) & a big reward of a booze up after the last few days thank **** i had a case of vino in the fridge,no food just wine hubby wisnae chuffed though (only had 1/2 bottle of vody in fridge!!)

Donna.
Old Apr 14th 2006, 11:41 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Good Friday is HHUUGGGGEEEEEE here seems that everything is shut...but then we learned from last year and stocked up on booze lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.