Zoran is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Protect migrant workers in Australia

You might want to sign this petition
http://www.amnesty.org.au/action/action/22285/

Migrant Workers Convention
http://www.amnesty.org.au/refugees/comments/20435/
Old Jan 8th 2010, 12:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

hantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Protect migrant workers in Australia

Not my cup of tea.
Old Jan 8th 2010, 9:13 pm
Banned

WillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zoran

The Australian Human Rights Commission says that many migrant workers are "vulnerable to workplace exploitation, including discrimination, due to a limited knowledge and understanding of Australian workplace rights, limited English language, and the ongoing reliance on a sponsor for their visa status".

Give them the Immigration to Australia Product Disclosure Statement in English and get them to sign that they understand what they have read. If they sign but can not or will not read that then exploit them.
Old Jan 9th 2010, 12:51 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by WillBlack
The Australian Human Rights Commission says that many migrant workers are "vulnerable to workplace exploitation, including discrimination, due to a limited knowledge and understanding of Australian workplace rights, limited English language, and the ongoing reliance on a sponsor for their visa status".
I thought that migrants had to have sufficient English ability to come here ?
In fact one of my wife's relatives can't get here as her English grades are not high enough.

How come some migrants bypass that ?
Can we have a petition to make it equal for all ?

Old Jan 9th 2010, 12:57 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
I thought that migrants had to have sufficient English ability to come here ?
In fact one of my wife's relatives can't get here as her English grades are not high enough.

How come some migrants bypass that ?
Can we have a petition to make it equal for all ?
We are talking about people brought into Australia by unscrupulous employers using loopholes in the 457 visa in order to supress wages.

Can we have a petition to prosecute these employers and send the workers who are keeping wages down back to where they came from?
Old Jan 9th 2010, 2:23 am
Forum Regular

UncleKev has much to be proud ofUncleKev has much to be proud ofUncleKev has much to be proud ofUncleKev has much to be proud ofUncleKev has much to be proud ofUncleKev has much to be proud ofUncleKev has much to be proud ofUncleKev has much to be proud ofUncleKev has much to be proud ofUncleKev has much to be proud ofUncleKev has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by renth
We are talking about people brought into Australia by unscrupulous employers using loopholes in the 457 visa in order to supress wages.

Can we have a petition to prosecute these employers and send the workers who are keeping wages down back to where they came from?
I think you have hit the nail on the head. Send the trouble makers back.

99.9% of migrants are successful here in Australia. It only seems to be this recent batch of Indian students that are causing all the problems. I suggest that the intake of Indians is stopped immediately and replaced with immigrants from China and Vietnam who seem to work hard, inter-marry with other ethnic groups here, and generally make a positive contribution to their new country.

Its odd because I have worked with a lot of Indians in the UK and they were great blokes. What is the story with these screaming and whining Indian students that we are getting in Oz lately? Maybe India is unloading the dregs from their country to Australia?

Hundreds of different ethnic groups have migrated and settled into Australia over the past couple of hundred years with nothing like the hassle that these guys are causing.
Old Jan 9th 2010, 4:24 am
Recession Surfing 2006 ->

Zambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UncleKev

99.9% of migrants are successful here in Australia. It only seems to be this recent batch of Indian students that are causing all the problems. I suggest that the intake of Indians is stopped immediately and replaced with immigrants from China and Vietnam who seem to work hard, inter-marry with other ethnic groups here, and generally make a positive contribution to their new country.

Its odd because I have worked with a lot of Indians in the UK and they were great blokes. What is the story with these screaming and whining Indian students that we are getting in Oz lately? Maybe India is unloading the dregs from their country to Australia?

Hundreds of different ethnic groups have migrated and settled into Australia over the past couple of hundred years with nothing like the hassle that these guys are causing.
Good god man listen to yourself... umpteen sweeping statements there.
Old Jan 9th 2010, 4:31 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

We're all far too concerned about how to swing an extra 20kg luggage allowance to think about migrants from poorer countries being exploited, OP.
Old Jan 9th 2010, 5:03 am
Banned

pinkpik is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hantsfamily1
Not my cup of tea.
Not tea, say Coffee, australians says coffee.
Old Jan 9th 2010, 5:09 am
Banned

Originally Posted by UncleKev

Decided to be Poor guy Uncle? You means the DIAC is group of fools who allows Indian "DREGS" into Ozland? If you were enough smart then Mr. PM of Australia would have been declared you as Aus. Immi. Minister. Isnt it?

Dont consider entire community while talking abour some bullshits. No wonder, there are bullshits in every community.

Last edited by pinkpik; Jan 9th 2010 at 5:11 am. Reason: spell mistake
Old Jan 9th 2010, 5:14 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by pinkpik
Not tea, say Coffee, australians says coffee.
They might, but we are British

Old Jan 9th 2010, 5:28 am
Banned

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
, me too personally like Tea over coffee. There was interesting research that, a cup of tea in morning and in evening gives energy and helping to fight with some disease.
Old Jan 9th 2010, 5:50 am
BE Enthusiast

hantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud of

Sorry...its not my cup of char lad
Old Jan 9th 2010, 5:53 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by hantsfamily1
Sorry...its not my cup of char lad
What a brew then ?

Old Jan 9th 2010, 6:02 am
Just Joined

SecretHero has a brilliant futureSecretHero has a brilliant futureSecretHero has a brilliant futureSecretHero has a brilliant futureSecretHero has a brilliant futureSecretHero has a brilliant futureSecretHero has a brilliant futureSecretHero has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Zoran

Very curious "How much support you are going to get"