Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Proper Irish Butchers

Proper Irish Butchers

Old Apr 16th 2011, 2:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Proper Irish Butchers

http://www.tendervalue.com.au/

Tender Value Meats in Hornsby. Wicked butcher with both Ozzy and British staff. They have Gammon and even do Black and White Pudding. Bostin' array of sausages too!
Old Apr 17th 2011, 3:12 am
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by andreak
Try The Irish Butcher,177 Smith St, South Penrith, NSW 2750, www.theirishbutcher.com.au they mail order, but I have been to the shop as I live about 30k away and their sausages are really tasty.
I was going to suggest this place to, never been there but my local deli sells their products along with Paddy to Bakers soda bread
Old Apr 17th 2011, 10:35 am
Forum Regular

Boweaver will become famous soon enough

McDonagh's Irish butcher in Ryde.

http://www.themeatboutique.com.au/ep...tegories/Irish

Decent sausages and black pudding. No hesitation recommending it.
Old Apr 23rd 2011, 6:23 am
Forum Regular

louiseos is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Great Scottish Butcher

Originally Posted by Jaydazsam
Sorry dont know about Irish butchers but there is a cracking Scottish butcher in Sunbury who does, black pudding, white pudding, square sausage, tattie scones, potatoe scones etc etc. We just cant get enough, he also sells, tunnock teacakes, snowballs, etc

Its worth the travel up there if you dont stay local
OOHH!! I go to Sunbury regularly . . . which butchers is this??
Old Apr 26th 2011, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

nickinblackinoz will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by fish.01
Soda Bread?
ive been told of a proper butchers in Fremantal,Perth that does the old black pudding and suppose to be spot on , i will have the address ect by weekend as ive tidied my desk up so will have to find the scrap of paper .......
Old Apr 27th 2011, 6:02 am
Just Joined

Jaydazsam is an unknown quantity at this point

The Scottish Butcher in Sunbury is between Target and Pumpkin Patch.

Its a newish complex, plenty parking.

I live here so its easy for me but whenever I go visiting my friends, I always get long lists to bring.

Im begining to think its not really me they want to see!!
Old Apr 29th 2011, 4:16 am
Just Joined

MLCsurfer is an unknown quantity at this point

I recently bought Irish Pork sausages in Harris Farm Markets in Bondi Junction (Sydney). Excellent - as good as anything you'll get a home - better really. Im pretty particular about my sausages too! I was told they also do Black Pudding , but I couldnt find it on the day I was there....
Old Apr 29th 2011, 5:01 am
Forum Regular

nickinblackinoz will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by nickinblackinoz
ive been told of a proper butchers in Fremantal,Perth that does the old black pudding and suppose to be spot on , i will have the address ect by weekend as ive tidied my desk up so will have to find the scrap of paper .......
Franks Gourmet Meats
17 Wray Avenue
Fremantle WA 6160, Australia
(08) 9335 2356

ive just spoke to this guy and he also sells white pudding, haggis the lot........a husband and wife supply him locally and have done for 15 yrs ........
Old Apr 29th 2011, 10:01 am
Forum Regular

agillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to all

In Perth you can get McGloughin's sausages, bacon, white and black pudding and gammon steaks.They are as close as you will get to the real thing over here in my opinion. They have a shop in Woodvale but you can also buy most of stuff in some of the coles near the city. They also sell soda bread but think you can only get that from the Woodvale shop.
Old Dec 24th 2011, 6:40 am
Forum Regular

louiseos is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Jaydazsam
The Scottish Butcher in Sunbury is between Target and Pumpkin Patch.

Its a newish complex, plenty parking.

I live here so its easy for me but whenever I go visiting my friends, I always get long lists to bring.

Im begining to think its not really me they want to see!!
Finally got around to visiting this butchers and just had to let you know that their pork sausages are to die for (if I close my eyes I feel like I'm sitting in my Mums kitchen) . . . steaks are great too . . . will be back next week for some pudding!
Old Dec 24th 2011, 8:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Japonica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by agillick
In Perth you can get McGloughin's sausages, bacon, white and black pudding and gammon steaks.They are as close as you will get to the real thing over here in my opinion. They have a shop in Woodvale but you can also buy most of stuff in some of the coles near the city. They also sell soda bread but think you can only get that from the Woodvale shop.
Yeah, their black pudding is awesome and I'm not overly fond of it normally.