Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Proof of Employment!

Proof of Employment!

Old Oct 15th 2005, 10:40 am
Forum Regular

1234gav is a jewel in the rough1234gav is a jewel in the rough1234gav is a jewel in the rough1234gav is a jewel in the rough
Default Proof of Employment!

Help Help !! the position is this. My wife is the principal name for imagration we are going out on a 136visa if all goes well. On wednesday we subbmitted the forms our agent asked us to send which were marked in bold letters. We did all they asked , payed by Visa over the phone and posted off the papers special delivery. We have just now recieved in the post a letter from the agent requesting we now send other papers such as Refs for past and present jobs before the 19th of Oct which is 4 days away as the 136 visa for cooks is changeing come the 1st of Nov so they require to lodge before the 24th intime for 1st. They are closed at the weekend to ask them a few questions like, what do we do for ref`s for buisnesses that no longer exsist? can anyone help ?????????????????????????? ta Gav and Fiona
Old Oct 15th 2005, 10:58 am
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Proof of Employment!

Originally Posted by 1234gav
Help Help !! the position is this. My wife is the principal name for imagration we are going out on a 136visa if all goes well. On wednesday we subbmitted the forms our agent asked us to send which were marked in bold letters. We did all they asked , payed by Visa over the phone and posted off the papers special delivery. We have just now recieved in the post a letter from the agent requesting we now send other papers such as Refs for past and present jobs before the 19th of Oct which is 4 days away as the 136 visa for cooks is changeing come the 1st of Nov so they require to lodge before the 24th intime for 1st. They are closed at the weekend to ask them a few questions like, what do we do for ref`s for buisnesses that no longer exsist? can anyone help ?????????????????????????? ta Gav and Fiona
Do it on Monday and fax to your agent, we did.
Old Oct 15th 2005, 11:05 am
Forum Regular

1234gav is a jewel in the rough1234gav is a jewel in the rough1234gav is a jewel in the rough1234gav is a jewel in the rough

[Thanks but there are some jobs on my wifes CV that the companys are no longer operating, what can we do about that?]
Old Oct 15th 2005, 11:12 am
Forum Regular

Location: Back to UK Oct 05,Gold Coast Feb 05, Perth Jan 2005 (South Wales b4 that)
Wal10 will become famous soon enough

[Thanks but there are some jobs on my wifes CV that the companys are no longer operating, what can we do about that?]
Send certified copies of any historic paperwork you have such as payslips or P45's, P60's, offer letters, contracts relating to those jobs.

If you haven't got any paperwork as proof (and it helps to reinforce even if you have got paperwork) go to your solicitor or a JP and sign an affadavit sworn on oath that you worked for "xyz" company as an "abc" between dates "123 to 456".

Y.
Old Oct 15th 2005, 11:18 am
Now a Mummy!

SonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud of

Hello...
We had the same thing with Chopper Boy... 3 previous employers he worked for had ceased trading.

you just have to put something like this
"Blah blah ceased trading 8 years ago and I have been unable to trace the owner or other members of staff to obtain a reference."

If the business has closed down and there's no way of contacting anyone.. then you can't get a reference!
BTW - how do you that cook is coming off the list?

Good luck!

Sonic Bird & Chopper Boy
Old Oct 15th 2005, 11:27 am
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

I am trying to help.
Just been talking to hubby, he had worked for british gas, as you know they are now Transco. HE showed proof of company pension, a a letter saying the company no longer existed,. get in touch tell them to email or fax to you and you do same to your agent. It will be a lot quicker
good luck
Old Oct 15th 2005, 11:28 am
Forum Regular

Hi Thanks for that , we have heard through our agents that its word of mouth from Oz imagration that its all changeing come Nov, not coming off but harder to enter as a chef? why, how, i dont know just what was sent to us. Gavin and Fiona
Old Oct 15th 2005, 11:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi Thanks for that , we have heard through our agents that its word of mouth from Oz imagration that its all changeing come Nov, not coming off but harder to enter as a chef? why, how, i dont know just what was sent to us. Gavin and Fiona
Where are you going to.
Old Oct 15th 2005, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

Thanks everyone, we hope to be going to QLD either Rockhamton or Yeppoon we were there at the start of the year and loved it so much. I am so mad at the Agents for Taken My £700 quid on Wednesday then sending a letter arriving Sat (office closed) giving us 4 days to get things together, we did ask about refs on the phone they said everything we reuire will be BOLD marked on list(liars) lol well heres to no sleep the night again
Old Oct 15th 2005, 11:51 am
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by SonicBird
Hello...
We had the same thing with Chopper Boy... 3 previous employers he worked for had ceased trading.

"Blah blah ceased trading 8 years ago and I have been unable to trace the owner or other members of staff to obtain a reference."

If the business has closed down and there's no way of contacting anyone.. then you can't get a reference!

Good luck!

Sonic Bird & Chopper Boy

this happened to me. I wrote words to that affect on my stat dec - which i swore at the solicitors - it was good enough for the tra

ANDY
Old Oct 15th 2005, 12:53 pm
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by SonicBird
Hello...

Good luck!

Sonic Bird & Chopper Boy
Ooooo, why did you go back 8 years? is,nt it last 3 outta 4 for work experience?