Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Process For Selling Vacant Land

Process For Selling Vacant Land

Old May 12th 2008, 8:39 am
BE Enthusiast

tictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond repute
Default Process For Selling Vacant Land

We have a vacant plot of land which we've decided to sell as part of our plans to return to the UK within the next 18 months.

Wondered if anyone could give me any pointers in the best way to do this in order to maximise our ROI.

We've not yet had the land valued so any recommendations on who to use would be welcomed

I'd also like to learn more about how we will be impacted by Capital Gains Tax (we've owned the land for less than one year)

Any advice appreciated

Thanks
Old May 12th 2008, 8:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Reading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to all
Default Re: Process For Selling Vacant Land

Hi can't answer your questions but whereabouts are you ? We are looking to buy a plot of land.Cheers
Old May 12th 2008, 9:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Mandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to all

Originally Posted by tictac
We have a vacant plot of land which we've decided to sell as part of our plans to return to the UK within the next 18 months.

Wondered if anyone could give me any pointers in the best way to do this in order to maximise our ROI.

We've not yet had the land valued so any recommendations on who to use would be welcomed

I'd also like to learn more about how we will be impacted by Capital Gains Tax (we've owned the land for less than one year)

Any advice appreciated

Thanks
Look in phone book or find a sign maker in your area, have a "For sale" sign made with your mobile number on. This should only cost around $100. Place the sign on your block and inform your solicitor that you are selling yourself so they can do up a standard contract ready for someone to sign. Speak to a few local estate agents and find out what they think the going price for the block is.
Capital gains? not sure you would need to speak with accountant with all your details to find out if there is any capital gains.

Good Luck. PS what area is the block of land in.
Old May 12th 2008, 9:41 am
BE Enthusiast

tictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond repute

It's here: http://www.heritagepacific.com.au/in...8164&pid=18153

You'll have to PM me for more info as I wouldn't want to get into trouble with the BE Police for advertising!