Reload this Page >

Process Plants in Western Australia

Process Plants in Western Australia

Old Aug 12th 2013, 7:56 pm
Just Joined

Topkiddy is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Process Plants in Western Australia

Hello everyone,

First off I love this forum, I love the passion you guys have and the wealth of information on here, you guys rock!

I was wondering if anyone could help me with the following inquiry.

We (Family of four, 2 adults, 2 girls) are right at the start of our quest to australia. We are currently in talks with various Migration agencies and would like to know about employment/wages.

I myself would be the main applicant on the 190 Skilled Migrant Visa, as a Chemical Plant Operator for state sponsorship with Western Australia. This is handy as I do have old friends in Perth and Fremantle. None of which do my job or have any clues as to what the average wage would be.

I realise that to be taken seriously by employers you really need to be in the country, but how much would the average wage roughly be? Is there anywhere I could find out?

I obviously would like to make ours a success story rather than an expensive mistake.

Thanks for your time guys.
Old Aug 12th 2013, 8:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Process Plants in Western Australia

Welcome to BE.
Old Aug 12th 2013, 8:59 pm
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

The Kwinana strip is home to most chemical industry.
There is also some down in Bunbury/collie but not much.
As an operator expect $85 to maybe $105k. If you can break into Bp refinery or Kleenheat gas you will probably get more. There was a thread on here not long ago about the LPG guys coming from UK to Kwinana -they got sponsored in the UK I think.
Old Aug 13th 2013, 5:14 am
Forum Regular

bizkitgto is an unknown quantity at this point

What about the big LNG projects coming on in commissioning and startup phases?
Old Aug 13th 2013, 9:58 am
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bizkitgto
What about the big LNG projects coming on in commissioning and startup phases?
What about them?
Salary?
Availability?
Rosters?

They aren't a walk in the park
Old Aug 13th 2013, 7:42 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the info. I know its a little random, we have so many questions/thoughts and this is one topic we lacked info on.

This being my profession I was hoping to land a role in a similar position to my current one in the UK. But just a job would be nice. Sponsorship would have been even better! lol!!
Thanks again.
Old Aug 13th 2013, 8:13 pm
Devil's Advocate

Originally Posted by Topkiddy
Thanks for the info. I know its a little random, we have so many questions/thoughts and this is one topic we lacked info on.

This being my profession I was hoping to land a role in a similar position to my current one in the UK. But just a job would be nice. Sponsorship would have been even better! lol!!
Thanks again.
What are you dong now?
Old Aug 13th 2013, 8:31 pm
Just Joined

Chemical Plant Operator/Control Room Operations. Not exactly the world famous superstar I once dreamed of becoming, but I enjoy it........
Old Aug 14th 2013, 10:02 am
Devil's Advocate

Chemical Plant Operator/Control Room Operations. Not exactly the world famous superstar I once dreamed of becoming, but I enjoy it........
Ok, what industry - specifically. I know the kwinana scene reasonably well being in chemicals myself. I might be able yo advise you more specifically based on your industry
Old Aug 17th 2013, 12:51 pm
Just Joined

Producing and refining Organic precursors, operating Reactors, Tanks, blending, Distillation columns, refrigeration, transfers etc... Basically a qualified Homer Simpson! minus the donuts unfortunately! lol!

But generally thats where I am now, obviously the plant equipment Im experienced with enable me to be flexible in regards to learning new processes.
Old Aug 18th 2013, 12:19 am
Account Closed

La Vida loca is an unknown quantity at this point

Look over on the Eat Coast.
There is plenty of operations in CQ, you may get a start with.
Old Aug 19th 2013, 8:44 am
Devil's Advocate

Producing and refining Organic precursors, operating Reactors, Tanks, blending, Distillation columns, refrigeration, transfers etc... Basically a qualified Homer Simpson! minus the donuts unfortunately! lol!

But generally thats where I am now, obviously the plant equipment Im experienced with enable me to be flexible in regards to learning new processes.
Ok, good transferable skills. East coast especially Melbourne will have better options.