Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Present at Landlords final inspection?

Present at Landlords final inspection?

Old Jul 11th 2010, 2:10 am
BE Enthusiast

dave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Present at Landlords final inspection?

clean the place up and then take lots of photographs that are date/time stamped if your camera can do it. I always do this and have not had any problems yet with final inspections
Old Jul 11th 2010, 2:33 am
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Present at Landlords final inspection?

Originally Posted by DMCQLD

Another good tip is to throughly go through the landlord's/ agent's entry report on taking up a property and give the place the white glove treatment from the off and write down every little thing you notice including dirt and dust not noted on the report and keep your copy in a safe place AFTER the agent has signed and/or committed to rectify or forgo when it comes to exit report time!

After dealing with agents quite a few times, I'm so glad to have my own gaff now!
The other thing relating to this is that they are often so lazy that they will not re-check the house after you have submitted the amended report. So, if you keep the altered report comments vague - "Stains around the cooker" - you will cover yourself at the time of relinquishing the tenancy.

Play them at their own game.