PR Visa + Spouse Help please

Old Sep 21st 2004, 7:51 pm
Just Joined

wilts is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PR Visa + Spouse Help please

Hi all,

I wonder if you could help me with this question please. I'm a bit confused and worried too. Here is the situation, I have been granted Skilled Independent Sub class 136 visa, which states that "NOT MARRY BEFORE FIRST ENTRY". I have already validated my Visa and live in UK currently and planning to move for good in a year time.

My question is, I'm planning to get married before I move to OZ and wanted to move with my future wife. So could some body tell me, what will be the rule if I'm going to apply for a spouse visa for my future wife once we got married? Will that affect my visa, because it states that "NOT MARRY BEFORE FIRST ENTRY". Any advice or suggestion would be much appreciates it. Thank you very much in advance
Old Sep 21st 2004, 8:03 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR Visa + Spouse Help please

Originally Posted by wilts
....."NOT MARRY BEFORE FIRST ENTRY". I have already validated my Visa and live in UK currently and planning to move for good in a year time.
If you've already validated then you have already passed 'first entry'. I can't help with the spouse question but thought I would point that out.
Old Sep 21st 2004, 11:04 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Once you have validated your visa it's not an issue ...

Best regards.

Originally Posted by wilts

Hi all,

I wonder if you could help me with this question please. I'm a bit confused and worried too. Here is the situation, I have been granted Skilled Independent Sub class 136 visa, which states that "NOT MARRY BEFORE FIRST ENTRY". I have already validated my Visa and live in UK currently and planning to move for good in a year time.

My question is, I'm planning to get married before I move to OZ and wanted to move with my future wife. So could some body tell me, what will be the rule if I'm going to apply for a spouse visa for my future wife once we got married? Will that affect my visa, because it states that "NOT MARRY BEFORE FIRST ENTRY". Any advice or suggestion would be much appreciates it. Thank you very much in advance
Old Sep 22nd 2004, 12:37 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
Once you have validated your visa it's not an issue ...

Best regards.

Alan,
Would there not be issue though with the fact that Wilts is not yet resident in Oz, yet wants to sponsor a new wife into the country. With a relatively new marriage and residence not yet established would you forsee any problems?
Old Sep 22nd 2004, 4:13 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Polly.

Technically the holder of a permanent residency visa needs to be "usually resident" in Australia to sponsor a partner or spouse. This point is usually not taken by the Australian High Commission in London, but it is a valid point nonetheless.

If Wilts wants to discuss this issue with one of my colleagues in the UK (or any other agent come to that) he should feel able to do so.

Best regards.

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Alan,
Would there not be issue though with the fact that Wilts is not yet resident in Oz, yet wants to sponsor a new wife into the country. With a relatively new marriage and residence not yet established would you forsee any problems?
Old Sep 22nd 2004, 6:31 am
Just Joined

wilts is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you very much all for the information. Alan, I will get in touch sometime soon. Thanks.