Reload this Page >

PR Questions/Skilled Worker from UK

PR Questions/Skilled Worker from UK

Old Sep 14th 2017, 7:23 am
Just Joined

connorfdev is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PR Questions/Skilled Worker from UK

Hi All,

I am currently researching how to get out to Oz on a PR basis or at least the option of PR after maybe a bridging VISA to this

I am a fully qualified motor mechanic alongside being a wind turbine technician for 2.5 years, I have looked into the points based skilled worker and my question is do you have to work at this skill if you get the visa? Or how long do you have to work in this industry before you can change?

I have an uncle who is I business who is an ex pat with Australian citizenship who has been out there for nearly 10 years. He wants me out there to run a few business's. Now can he sponsor me for this? Would I benefit if I owned the business?

The end goal is to be working in business and not in the motor trade but willing to stick it out to be able to live in Oz

Any help or pointers would be great as I have been looking into this for a while now and feel I'm just not nailing down which visa to go for

Regards,

Connor
Old Sep 14th 2017, 8:27 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR Questions/Skilled Worker from UK

Originally Posted by connorfdev
Hi All,

I am currently researching how to get out to Oz on a PR basis or at least the option of PR after maybe a bridging VISA to this

I am a fully qualified motor mechanic alongside being a wind turbine technician for 2.5 years, I have looked into the points based skilled worker and my question is do you have to work at this skill if you get the visa? Or how long do you have to work in this industry before you can change?

I have an uncle who is I business who is an ex pat with Australian citizenship who has been out there for nearly 10 years. He wants me out there to run a few business's. Now can he sponsor me for this? Would I benefit if I owned the business?

The end goal is to be working in business and not in the motor trade but willing to stick it out to be able to live in Oz

Any help or pointers would be great as I have been looking into this for a while now and feel I'm just not nailing down which visa to go for

Regards,

Connor
If you have PR, you can do what you like from the minute you land - there is no requirement to work in your immigration skill

Good luck
Old Sep 14th 2017, 8:58 am
Just Joined

connorfdev is an unknown quantity at this point

Unfortunately I don't have OR. The aim is to get to that goal asap
Old Sep 14th 2017, 12:19 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by connorfdev
Unfortunately I don't have OR. The aim is to get to that goal asap
It's the best way to get out here if you can but it can also be a cumbersome, lengthy and expensive process

There is plenty of info on this site and others. Also have a look at the official government site: https://www.border.gov.au/
Old Sep 14th 2017, 3:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

You trade is on the skilled list for a permanent visa. However, you will need to research if you can pass the skills assessment as part of this will require you to prove you have worked a certain number of years recently. Often it is something like 3 years experience in the last 5. As for the possibility of sponsorship, that may be possible, but isn't as simple as it might seem. First, not every business can sponsor, then if he can, he would need to prove he needs to sponsor because he cant fill with a local, then, would need to show you are qualified for the role. Then there are a lot of issues with being on a sponsored visa. None of the routes are quick or cheap