Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

PR application - General skilled - IT

PR application - General skilled - IT

Old Dec 12th 2001, 2:16 am
Forum Regular

Thomas will become famous soon enough

Hi folks,

I've submitted my VISA application under General skilled categore (IT), with the skill assessment report and other certified documents, to the Adelaide processing centre on 13th November. I've not taken the IELTS test. Have claimed fluency in English, as the medium of instruction till my university degree, was English.

Does anybody have the answers for the following

1) When can I normally expect an acknowledgement from Adelaide?

2) If and when they acknowledge, if they ask for IELTS or police verification certificates, does it mean that my case is considered positively?

3) Does the processing time of 3-4 months for IT applicants (I read so, somewhere in this forum) start from the date of my application OR is it from the date of acknowledgement OR yet another date?

4) Has anybody here got an acknowledgement from Adelaide, so far?

I'd be grateful for any knowledgable replies (It might save a lot of anxiety for me).

Thanks and Regards
Old Dec 13th 2001, 10:15 am
Ldj

>

Yes, I got the letter from adelaide lately, just 1 week after I submitted my
application. I think what we can do at the moment just wait, since we cannot do
anything, except you can make a phone call or email to them and ask them whether they
got your application. That's the only thing that I can suggest it to you.

bye and have a wonderful Christmas. ldj

Old Dec 15th 2001, 7:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Tom, we received our acknowledgement letter only about ten days after submitting our application, which is pretty good going, allowing for the post both ways! They also charged our credit card just as quick too. We submitted our police certificates with our application. I did read somewhere that the last step (when you can let yourself start feeling optimistic) is when they call you for your medicals.
Old Dec 16th 2001, 9:36 am
Simon Fletcher

Not sure what to make of the whole timing thing Jacqui. My acknowledgement (of
General Skilled Migration PR (also IT)) letter came after only seven days and
included requests to send in police certificates and to go for a medical. The Federal
Police only took a ten days to respond to the request though the UK police will
obviously take a little longer from here (Melbourne). As the medicals were all done
and (I hear) went OK with a week then it's time to sit back and wait ... and wait!

Simon.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jacqui" <[email protected]> Newsgroups:
misc.immigration.Australia+nz Sent: Sunday, December 16, 2001 8:00 AM Subject: Re: PR
application - General skilled - IT

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Dec 17th 2001, 1:03 am
Forum Regular

I too remember having read somewhere that once you've been asked to get the medical done, you are almost there. The wait should not be very long, from here.

BTW, I got an acknowledgement for my application within three weeks (both sides postal time included). There was a request for some additional documents and I've submitted the same. Seems like they are really quick as far as IT skilled applications are concerned.

Regards
Old Dec 17th 2001, 9:35 am
Simon Fletcher

Here's hoping. I guess we're some of the same to go through the Adelaide processing
loop so it's difficult to compare us with anyone else.

Simon

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Dec 17th 2001, 1:20 pm
Venkata Prasad Srini

Hi

Can you guys plese posy your timelines i.e when you applied to Adelaide.I am also an
IT Professional going to apply by nextweek. In your letter what is the processing
time mentioned in Adelaide to process the IT Applications. waiting for your reply

Prasad

I too remember having read somewhere that once you've been asked to get
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

--
Posted from 132.mufc.wash.washdctt.dsl.att.net [12.101.5.132] via Mailgate.ORG Server
- http://www.Mailgate.ORG

Old Dec 18th 2001, 12:27 pm
Simon Fletcher

Prasad,

The timeline is as I detailed in my earlier mail. Adelaide didn't commit to a given
time frame for my IT application but I believe 12 months is the only figure you'll
see quoted. Many other figures have been quoted here but I don't know that anyone has
had their application successfully processed by Adelaide to gauge a new timeline.

Simon

>
    >
    >
am
    >
    >
process
    >
    >
    >

Old Dec 24th 2001, 12:42 am
Forum Regular

Hello!

Does anybody have some realistic idea as to the processing times at Adelaide?
What's the position regarding fast track for IT applicants -Does this still exist?

George Lombard - Are you there ???

Regards
Old Dec 24th 2001, 4:07 am
Alan Collett

Hi Tom.

I received an email from Adelaide Skilled Processing Centre last week that advises
expected processing times for ICT occupations of 4 to 6 months. I dare say that some
applications might be processed quicker (I have heard of some very fast responses out
of the team at Adelaide), but work on 4 to 6 months as a guide.

Hope this helps - and a very Happy Xmas to all.

Alan C www.gomatilda.com

Thomas Hello!

Does anybody have some realistic idea as to the processing times at Adelaide? What's
the position regarding fast track for IT applicants -Does this still exist?

George Lombard - Are you there ???

Regards

--
Tom

Old Dec 28th 2001, 10:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Jacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond repute

Good news arrived in the post this morning, we've been called for our medicals already!

We only submitted our application 5 weeks ago. This is our timescale so far, if my memory serves me correctly!

Application posted: Tuesday 13th November.
Letter received from Adelaide requesting some original copies of documents: 27th November - these were posted back same day.
Letter with medical forms received: 28th December.

Not bad going allowing for post both ways, and Christmas in between!
Old Dec 29th 2001, 12:12 am
Forum Regular

CONGRATULATIONS Jacqui.

Hope your VISA arrives soon and you are able to plan your move. Wish you all the best.

Please keep this thread updated with your further progress.

Many thanks and Wish you (and all others here) a wonderful NEW YEAR.

Cheers
Old Jan 3rd 2002, 3:32 am
Forum Regular

Default The Adelaide Processing Centre is really FAST !

Yesterday, the mail brought me a letter from Adelaide asking me to go for the Medical tests and submit the Police Clearance Certificates. This is quite fast considering the Christmas & New Year holidays, in between.

In about a little over a month's time, from the date of my application, with one query raised in between, here I am, at the medicals stage. I am very happy.

The letter also says that it can take upto three months for the Health Assesment Service (HAS) in Sydney, to advise Adelaide about the outcome (The medical reports need be sent by the doctor to HAS, Sydney). I've been advised not to contact Adelaide during this 3 month period.

Sounds like the whole process would be complete in another 3 months time (max).

BTW, is it true that they call medicals only if your application is assessed positive in other regards? Can somebody confirm this? I'd be spending a neat sum of money on the medicals. So if it's a guaranteed case, the least is that, my BP would read normal when I go for the tests.

I was, honestly, not ready for this quick response. A Great way to start the New Year.

Cheers

Old Jan 3rd 2002, 9:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Looks like congrats are in order for you too Thomas! Where in Oz are you hoping to settle - we're heading for Perth.

I've sent an email to our case officer querying where the medical reports get sent to. On the first page of our letter it says they must be sent to Sydney, over the page it says they must be sent to Adelaide!
Old Jan 3rd 2002, 10:40 am
Simon Fletcher

Hi Tom,

I'm not entirely sure what to make of the whole speedy response thing, except that it
can't be a bad thing. That said, I'm trying and I warn others against prematurely
excited. I received a request to go for my medicals and submit police clearance
certificates only seven calendar days after I posted my application!!!

My advice ... be patient, don't start packing or selling up just yet. I've a feeling
we're in for a wait. Having said that, I'm open to pleasant surprises!

Simon.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.