Pound = $ 1-64

Old Nov 21st 2012, 1:19 am
BE Enthusiast

charlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of light
Unhappy Re: Pound = $ 1-64

Originally Posted by asprilla
I disagree, I think we'll see "GFC II: the empire strikes back" in February or March of 2013. fx rate will spike to A$2.20 or $2.30, then head sharply back to $1.50 - $1.70.

Of course, this all assumes that we make it past the Mayan doomsday next month.
This will work well for me, I have also think that it's not all over and the sticky plaster is coming unstuck

All is not as well as it used to be,

the high AUD really hurts the backbone of au

Once all the industry has gone and it's going faster than they would like you to think.
Old Nov 21st 2012, 1:23 am
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pound = $ 1-64

I disagree, I think we'll see "GFC II: the empire strikes back" in February or March of 2013. fx rate will spike to A$2.20 or $2.30, then head sharply back to $1.50 - $1.70.

in that scenario everyone will go buy USD not GBP. i dont expect GBP-AUD to fluctuate that much unless the RBA decide enuf is enuf and will crash the AUD.
Old Nov 21st 2012, 2:24 am
Almost more Oz than Pom

KJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond repute

The only reason there was a spike in 2009 (for only 2-3 months) was that when the GFC struck the financial lemmings rushed into dollars and sterling in the mistaken opinion that these were solid currencies. Do you think the same will apply if/when GFC II happens? Particularly with the close connection between the UK and the Eurozone which is the likely trigger for another GFC?
Old Nov 21st 2012, 3:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

I disagree, I think we'll see "GFC II: the empire strikes back" in February or March of 2013.
Aren't we still in GFC I ?
Old Nov 21st 2012, 6:37 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
Aren't we still in GFC I ?
no, box office receipts for GFC 1 have really dried up in recent months.

Is it time for the sequel ?
Old Nov 21st 2012, 7:00 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Put 5 economic 'experts' in a room and you'll get 6 opinions
Old Nov 21st 2012, 7:31 am
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

usd enjoyed a brief rise during GFC cause they were selling foreign assets to repatriate usd's back home.
Old Nov 21st 2012, 8:50 am
BE Forum Addict

RedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bingobob777
Short term speculation, ask yourself this

who is going to benefit the most from Japan having to rebuild and possibly face the future without nuclear?

Australia - close neighbour and resource rich
Uk - erm, erm, erm has some financial wizards (robbers) in the City.
ME
Old Nov 22nd 2012, 11:36 pm
Forum Regular

coldbeer is just really nicecoldbeer is just really nicecoldbeer is just really nicecoldbeer is just really nicecoldbeer is just really nicecoldbeer is just really nicecoldbeer is just really nicecoldbeer is just really nicecoldbeer is just really nice

AUS$ to fall to 50c US http://www.businessspectator.com.au/...cument&src=sph

Old Nov 23rd 2012, 12:53 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by coldbeer
Cool. I'll be able to bring all those GBPesos that I have sitting in the UK.
Old Nov 23rd 2012, 7:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Chortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of light

Excellent news! I'll be able to afford to live in Australia. I might even buy some bananas and lettuce.
Old Nov 23rd 2012, 7:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Chortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Chortlepuss
I am no financial expert, but seem to have a gift for doing most financial transactions at the wrong time - buying houses that then drop in price, picking poor investments, moving to Oz as the pound dived so I couldn't bring over savings etc. If I get it consistently wrong, then I should be able to predict what's right by doing the opposite of what I'd like to do??
Anyhow, I really want to return to the UK in a couple of years. We will be exchanging any $ assets into GBP at that time. Expect the AUD to drop significantly at the time of my return, even for a brief period it may get to $2.5 AUD to the pound. No definite dates yet but I'll keep you posted.
Bl00dy hell! That bloke from the business spectator has the same timelines as me. You couldn't make it up
Old Jan 17th 2013, 7:47 pm
Melbourne - NE suburbs

DownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond repute

Feb/March 2014 maybe ?
Looking like business as usual for now.
Old Jan 18th 2013, 1:07 am
ajw

Location: Melbourne - London - Bangkok - Melbourne - Kuala Lumpur - Melbourne
ajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by coldbeer
And on the same site, commentator Stephen Koukoulas is now predicting the Aussie dollar to rise to around $1.25 US.

http://www.businessspectator.com.au/...ent_spectators