Pound = $ 1-64

Old Mar 18th 2011, 2:14 pm
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pound = $ 1-64

Hmm, to transfer or not to transfer?! It's not a lot of money but every little helps right?

Tx
Old Mar 18th 2011, 6:45 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RedT
Hmm, to transfer or not to transfer?! It's not a lot of money but every little helps right?

Tx
I needed to transfer some more soonish so took the plunge on the spike 20 or so hours ago. It was also a do I/dont I moment. Usually a transfer triggers a significant increase in sterlings value leaving me kicking myself. This time it was good to "win" for a change
Old Mar 18th 2011, 10:01 pm
Rhino with a big horn!

Rambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry
I needed to transfer some more soonish so took the plunge on the spike 20 or so hours ago. It was also a do I/dont I moment. Usually a transfer triggers a significant increase in sterlings value leaving me kicking myself. This time it was good to "win" for a change
Time to spend the winning on beer then
Old Mar 19th 2011, 12:26 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rambi
Time to spend the winning on beer then
Believe me, I wont be splurging on the "winnings", but needs must
Old Mar 19th 2011, 2:28 am
BE Enthusiast

deb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to behold

I can't see the fixation with the currency, it just seems to me that most are harping on about the past figures. Get over it people - the good old days have gone, and those who was lucky enough to reap the financial rewards well done. But everyone else needs to realise that those days are not coming back any day soon anyway
If you need to transfer funds then bite the bullet and transfer, that or slowly die worrying about nothing you can control, that and starve
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 1:35 pm
Melbourne - NE suburbs

DownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DownUnderPaddy
My feeling is it will drop back to the 'normal' rate of 1.60ish soon enough. The current rate jump would seem to be largely as as a result of the FUD from the Japan crisis. How long it will last indeed is the very, very speculative question. Good luck gamblers ;-)
There you go....back to 1.608 now.
Took a week to go back to 'normal'. Longer than I expected !
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 10:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Fluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by bingobob777
why would the strength of the American dollar affect the pound/AUD exchange rate?
Don't you know anything about the world economy?
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 10:42 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Fluid36
Speaking personally... not as much as the 'experts' on here.
Old Mar 24th 2011, 12:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Fluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Speaking personally... not as much as the 'experts' on here.
Neither, I did consider you and expert though, maybe not so now i need to find a new idol.
Old Mar 24th 2011, 12:11 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Neither, I did consider you and expert though, maybe not so now i need to find a new idol.
I'm much more of an idle than an idol.
Old Mar 24th 2011, 12:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
I'm much more of an idle than an idol.
You can be both, no doubt.
Old Mar 24th 2011, 2:14 am
BE Forum Addict

bingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond repute

a fair bit yes.

None of it explains why the strength of the $US affects the exchange rate between the AUD and GBP.

Since 2001 the GBP and USD have fallen 50% against the AUD, yet remained constant againts each other. All this reflects is the strength of the AUD.

Yet what you appear to be saying is that it's not the strength of the AUD but the weakness of the USD that's causing the GBP to fall.
Old Mar 24th 2011, 2:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bingobob777
a fair bit yes.

None of it explains why the strength of the $US affects the exchange rate between the AUD and GBP.

Since 2001 the GBP and USD have fallen 50% against the AUD, yet remained constant againts each other. All this reflects is the strength of the AUD.

Yet what you appear to be saying is that it's not the strength of the AUD but the weakness of the USD that's causing the GBP to fall.
No,

What I am saying is that a weak USD equals a strong AUD in this case, just try to forget about the GBP part of the equation (that will take care of itself when interest rate rises and the lowering of debt levels come into play).

The reason why a weak USD equals a strong AUD is due to the fact that the AUD is number five on the most traded lists of all currencies and this attracts interest from buyers such as central banks looking to diversify their reserves outside of the US dollar (which is now weak).

Also since Aus has high interest rates in comparison to the US (weak economy generally equals weak dollar and low interest rates) this draws investment in AUD and pushes the price up.

Also since Aus relies so heavily on commodities and commodity prices are priced in USD (and are changed in reverse parallel with the value of the USD) this has effects on the Aus economy and therefore the dollar (a decrease in the USD's value means a commodity prices rise as the USD falls)

That's how I understand it anyway and what i was trying to get at in my previous post, maybe I'm wrong.
Old Mar 24th 2011, 8:11 am

lancastrian48 is an unknown quantity at this point

Good post, may as well delete the thread now,back to sideways
Old Mar 24th 2011, 8:19 am
BE Forum Addict

bingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond repute

No,

What I am saying is that a weak USD equals a strong AUD in this case, just try to forget about the GBP part of the equation (that will take care of itself when interest rate rises and the lowering of debt levels come into play).

The reason why a weak USD equals a strong AUD is due to the fact that the AUD is number five on the most traded lists of all currencies and this attracts interest from buyers such as central banks looking to diversify their reserves outside of the US dollar (which is now weak).

Also since Aus has high interest rates in comparison to the US (weak economy generally equals weak dollar and low interest rates) this draws investment in AUD and pushes the price up.

Also since Aus relies so heavily on commodities and commodity prices are priced in USD (and are changed in reverse parallel with the value of the USD) this has effects on the Aus economy and therefore the dollar (a decrease in the USD's value means a commodity prices rise as the USD falls)

That's how I understand it anyway and what i was trying to get at in my previous post, maybe I'm wrong.
You've made it clear in your own post that the factors affecting the GBP/AUD rate (the whole point of the thread) are different to those affecting the USD/AUD, which was kind of my point.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.