Pound = $ 1-64

Old Oct 29th 2012, 6:48 pm
Melbourne - NE suburbs

DownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pound = $ 1-64

Originally Posted by economy_1
This risk have been there since last several years but still USD$ is the 66% reserve currency of the world.Low USD is in favourable of US manufacturing.Who is going to buy or invest in Australia with so high AUD$ and high taxes?
India
Old Oct 30th 2012, 10:48 am
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DC10
Around Westerham is one of my favourite spots in Kent and you can buy a decent property there for half that
Originally Posted by Amazulu
I used to live near there and agree that it is a nice area (although gets a lot of noise from the M25).

Each to their own, but I didn't think much of most of the homes in your link. I would want something bigger.
I used to live in Westerham and loved it. Still go back most years
Old Oct 30th 2012, 11:15 am
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by economy_1
This risk have been there since last several years but still USD$ is the 66% reserve currency of the world.Low USD is in favourable of US manufacturing.Who is going to buy or invest in Australia with so high AUD$ and high taxes?
there's a pipeline of approx half trillion dollars of investments lined up in the resources sector.
Old Oct 30th 2012, 10:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of light

I am no financial expert, but seem to have a gift for doing most financial transactions at the wrong time - buying houses that then drop in price, picking poor investments, moving to Oz as the pound dived so I couldn't bring over savings etc. If I get it consistently wrong, then I should be able to predict what's right by doing the opposite of what I'd like to do??
Anyhow, I really want to return to the UK in a couple of years. We will be exchanging any $ assets into GBP at that time. Expect the AUD to drop significantly at the time of my return, even for a brief period it may get to $2.5 AUD to the pound. No definite dates yet but I'll keep you posted.
Old Oct 31st 2012, 7:00 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chortlepuss
I am no financial expert, but seem to have a gift for doing most financial transactions at the wrong time - buying houses that then drop in price, picking poor investments, moving to Oz as the pound dived so I couldn't bring over savings etc. If I get it consistently wrong, then I should be able to predict what's right by doing the opposite of what I'd like to do??
Anyhow, I really want to return to the UK in a couple of years. We will be exchanging any $ assets into GBP at that time. Expect the AUD to drop significantly at the time of my return, even for a brief period it may get to $2.5 AUD to the pound. No definite dates yet but I'll keep you posted.

Sounds like me!
Old Oct 31st 2012, 9:31 pm
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

ambitious. as long as the bank of england keeps on printing electonic monies to fund a £1Trillion revolving debt dont expect it to come above the £1=$1.99 mark.
Old Oct 31st 2012, 11:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by commonwealth
ambitious. as long as the bank of england keeps on printing electonic monies to fund a £1Trillion revolving debt dont expect it to come above the £1=$1.99 mark.
You're clearly under-estimating my hidden powers
Old Oct 31st 2012, 11:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

charlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of light

I think you may be right, I also feel the same way,
Old Nov 1st 2012, 1:39 am
Daffyd Duck

you mean austin powers
Old Nov 1st 2012, 1:50 am
Forum Regular

economy_1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by commonwealth
Just for curiousity why dont Bank of England brings £1=AUD$1=USD$1=CAD$1 (parity)?Low £ (parity) will help and boost UK manufacturing.Within few years £ can recover (provided they dont fund Euro (specially Greece, Spain etc.))
Old Nov 1st 2012, 1:55 am
Daffyd Duck

how can the uk afford oil priced in usd at that rate?
Old Nov 20th 2012, 6:01 pm
Melbourne - NE suburbs

DownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond repute

Reserve currency status !
That's an interesting turn of events.

http://m.theage.com.au/business/imf-...120-29o5x.html
Old Nov 20th 2012, 6:45 pm
Daffyd Duck

oh it could hurt local industries? oz govt should oppose it and RBA should fund overseas central bank purchases of AUD thru QE!
Old Nov 21st 2012, 12:49 am
Almost more Oz than Pom

KJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond repute

Thread title is way out of date, the pound hasn't been above $1.615 all year and is currently $1.534. Roll on next year's European holiday!

In 2003 the pound was at A$2.77 - with the exception of a brief blip in Sept/Oct 2008 (the GFC) it has basically been falling ever since. Don't hold your breath waiting for a significant rise in the foreseeable future.

Last edited by KJCherokee; Nov 21st 2012 at 12:55 am.
Old Nov 21st 2012, 1:04 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KJCherokee
Thread title is way out of date, the pound hasn't been above $1.615 all year and is currently $1.534. Roll on next year's European holiday!

In 2003 the pound was at A$2.77 - with the exception of a brief blip in Sept/Oct 2008 (the GFC) it has basically been falling ever since. Don't hold your breath waiting for a significant rise in the foreseeable future.
I disagree, I think we'll see "GFC II: the empire strikes back" in February or March of 2013. fx rate will spike to A$2.20 or $2.30, then head sharply back to $1.50 - $1.70.

Of course, this all assumes that we make it past the Mayan doomsday next month.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.