Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Post your new pool pics!

Post your new pool pics!

Old Feb 28th 2007, 4:43 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Post your new pool pics!

Originally Posted by NedKelly
When we looked at pools and discussed various methods of construction with the salesmen all the concrete pool guys had pictures of fibreglass pools that had popped out of the ground due to water logging of the surround. Then all the fibreglass boys had pictures of concrete pools with cracks. Because we are on the side of a hill we felt the concrete route was best. Also as we wanted tiles so had to have concrete.
fibreglass pools are now fitted with a valve to stop this happening..
Old Feb 28th 2007, 4:50 am
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

When we looked at pools and discussed various methods of construction with the salesmen all the concrete pool guys had pictures of fibreglass pools that had popped out of the ground due to water logging of the surround. Then all the fibreglass boys had pictures of concrete pools with cracks. Because we are on the side of a hill we felt the concrete route was best. Also as we wanted tiles so had to have concrete.
Show us piccies!
Old Feb 28th 2007, 4:52 am
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by biggy
fibreglass pools are now fitted with a valve to stop this happening..
That's what the fibreglass guys told me. So when I next talked to a concrete pool salesmen I told him this and he said, yes but the installers often forget to set the valve before filling and they don't set them properly so if it rains whilst filling then silt and dirty water comes up from the bottom.

What do I know, I'm not a salesman!
Old Feb 28th 2007, 5:02 am

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

What do I know, I'm not a salesman!
But you do know how to take pictures don't you?
Old Feb 28th 2007, 5:06 am
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
But you do know how to take pictures don't you?
What you mean like the ones I posted earlier in this thread?
Old Feb 28th 2007, 5:15 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

fiberglass pools are quicker becuase you don't have to wait for them to cure.

But concrete pools look a lot better (in my opinion) and you can have any shape you like. I just don't like fiberglass pools they look cheap!

But saying that TracyAnne's pools looks nice. Maybe they have improved since we looked.

Originally Posted by thebears
Prefering to go the saltwater route and still have not seen a big difference between fiberglass and concrete? Any one?

Last edited by themerlin; Feb 28th 2007 at 5:17 am.
Old Feb 28th 2007, 5:17 am

What you mean like the ones I posted earlier in this thread?
I forgot

Got any more
Old Feb 28th 2007, 5:20 am

Ah yes I remember now. That's a gorgeous pool you got there Ned
Old Feb 28th 2007, 6:04 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

When we looked at pools and discussed various methods of construction with the salesmen all the concrete pool guys had pictures of fibreglass pools that had popped out of the ground due to water logging of the surround. Then all the fibreglass boys had pictures of concrete pools with cracks.
Old Feb 28th 2007, 6:06 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by themerlin
fiberglass pools are quicker becuase you don't have to wait for them to cure.

But concrete pools look a lot better (in my opinion) and you can have any shape you like. I just don't like fiberglass pools they look cheap!

But saying that TracyAnne's pools looks nice. Maybe they have improved since we looked.
As I am already having a large amount of concrete poured it might be worth me doing the pool in concrete.

TraceyAnne your pool looks great - good advertisement for fibreglass
Old Feb 28th 2007, 6:09 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Also depends on your ground and how level you are. We couldn't have fibreglass (didn't want it anyway) because we are on too much of a slope and would have needed loads of concrete to shore it up so it wasn't worth it.
Old Feb 28th 2007, 9:07 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

Here is ours. Few year between pics, it's changed loads
Attached Thumbnails Post your new pool pics!-dcp_0025s.jpg   Post your new pool pics!-pc251944s.jpg  

Last edited by themerlin; Feb 28th 2007 at 9:13 am.
Old Feb 28th 2007, 11:00 am
The Brains

ray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to all

Originally Posted by themerlin
Here is ours. Few year between pics, it's changed loads
Hi themerlin I like your pool! What size is it and importantly what is the depth? I need something I can jog in - it's more enjoyable than on a treadmill and less strain on the joints! Hubby needs something he can swim lengths in also.
Old Mar 15th 2007, 2:47 pm

Any more piccies folks?
Old Mar 27th 2007, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by ray2gill
Hi themerlin I like your pool! What size is it and importantly what is the depth? I need something I can jog in - it's more enjoyable than on a treadmill and less strain on the joints! Hubby needs something he can swim lengths in also.
Your probably better off with a lap pool, Gill

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.