Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Post redirection, anyone used Travellers Contact Point?

Post redirection, anyone used Travellers Contact Point?

Old Jan 29th 2010, 6:13 pm
Forum Regular

tramway will become famous soon enoughtramway will become famous soon enough
Default Post redirection, anyone used Travellers Contact Point?

Hi,
Used TCP over 10yrs ago when backpacking and just wondering if anybody has used them as a redirection from UK when they first moved as I know the Oz post have to see you in person so no good for us?

Plus looking at their website is seems they only set up one persons name so anything in our joint names not sure what would happen to it?
Thanks
Old Jan 29th 2010, 8:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

lonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Post redirection, anyone used Travellers Contact Point?

Originally Posted by tramway
Hi,
Used TCP over 10yrs ago when backpacking and just wondering if anybody has used them as a redirection from UK when they first moved as I know the Oz post have to see you in person so no good for us?

Plus looking at their website is seems they only set up one persons name so anything in our joint names not sure what would happen to it?
Thanks
What's wrong with Royal Mail's redirection?

Cheers

Steve
Old Jan 29th 2010, 8:33 pm
Forum Regular

Haven't got an address in Oz until we go over but need to get redirection sorted here so its seems like the only option we have is the TCP as I said Oz post won't let you set up a Post Restante or PO Box from UK in order to get an Oz address and you can't apply for Royal Mail redirection from Abroad when we do eventually rent a house.
So stuck, have no where to get it sent in UK have to set up redirection before we leave but have no Oz address so I remembered TCP from years ago and was wondering if anybody used it or a similar system that can be set up before we leave UK?

Thanks

Last edited by tramway; Jan 29th 2010 at 8:39 pm.
Old Jan 29th 2010, 11:20 pm
ABCDiamond

Thanks
You may need to pay for an account for each name..

At $75 per year, if I still lived in Sydney, I'd let you use my address for post re-direction

Old Jan 30th 2010, 6:01 am
BE Forum Addict

ozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond repute

We've used TCP. To be on the safe side, we set up two TCP accounts: One in my name, one in my husband's name.

We then set up Royal Mail re-direction and gave them just my TCP account address for both our names.

It's worked really well. Once your'e set up wth TCP, you can access your TCP account online. That makes changing addresses really easy. Initially, we'd set it up to "hold" all our mail. Then, when we arrived in Oz and stayed at the furnished rental we changed the TCP accounts to that address. Then when we moved to the unfurnished rental, we changed to that address. As I said, you can do all the changes online. Easy peasy .

TCP get my .
Old Jan 30th 2010, 1:17 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
You may need to pay for an account for each name..

At $75 per year, if I still lived in Sydney, I'd let you use my address for post re-direction
Cheers, ya I know we would have to set up 2 a/cs but rem something about joint named post eg bank statements from years ago that there was a porb with it and we have a lot in joint names.
Old Jan 30th 2010, 1:19 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ozhappy981
We've used TCP. To be on the safe side, we set up two TCP accounts: One in my name, one in my husband's name.

We then set up Royal Mail re-direction and gave them just my TCP account address for both our names.

It's worked really well. Once your'e set up wth TCP, you can access your TCP account online. That makes changing addresses really easy. Initially, we'd set it up to "hold" all our mail. Then, when we arrived in Oz and stayed at the furnished rental we changed the TCP accounts to that address. Then when we moved to the unfurnished rental, we changed to that address. As I said, you can do all the changes online. Easy peasy .

TCP get my .
Thanks did ye have any joint named post?
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 2:13 am
BE Forum Addict

ozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks did ye have any joint named post?
Yes, of course we do. Like I said: Just to be on the safe side, we opened two accounts with TCP.

When you set up the TCP account, you get the number of your personal account (which is something like 10876 for me and 10877 for my husband) plus their street address.

Then when I set up mail redirection with Royal Mail, I put as our address: TCP 10876/10877 and then the street address.

Mail addressed to me, mail addressed to my husband, and mail addressed to us jointly gets all forwarded by Royal Mail to TCP.

We've not had any problems.
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 12:07 pm
Forum Regular

Yes, of course we do. Like I said: Just to be on the safe side, we opened two accounts with TCP.

When you set up the TCP account, you get the number of your personal account (which is something like 10876 for me and 10877 for my husband) plus their street address.

Then when I set up mail redirection with Royal Mail, I put as our address: TCP 10876/10877 and then the street address.

Mail addressed to me, mail addressed to my husband, and mail addressed to us jointly gets all forwarded by Royal Mail to TCP.

We've not had any problems.
Thanks I emailed them through there site contact us area but they still haven't got back to me.
Good tip about putting both nos on the Royal mail side def didn't think of that. Cheers again.
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 5:15 pm
Forum Regular

AlanEll is a jewel in the roughAlanEll is a jewel in the roughAlanEll is a jewel in the roughAlanEll is a jewel in the rough

TCP get my .
Hi does this method mean you can set up Royal Mail with a TCP account even if you don't have an address set up until you go over?

Thanks
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 5:29 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by AlanEll
Hi does this method mean you can set up Royal Mail with a TCP account even if you don't have an address set up until you go over?

Thanks
Ya we had 2 accounts with TCP years ago when we were backpacking and it was perfect then was just wondering myself if people were still using it.
Its $75 ish dollars for 1 name they hold your mail for you or send it to whatever address in Oz you tell them for a year.
So you can use the TCP address as your redirection address for Royal Mail.
We never had any probs years ago and I set them up again today so hopefully the service is still the same.
Old Feb 4th 2010, 11:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by AlanEll
TCP is a mail-forwarding service. They are based in Sydney

When you set up the mail-forwarding with Royal Mail, you put down as your "new" address: TCP 19990 (i.e. your TCP account number) plus the TCP street address in Sydney. Royal Mail will then send all your mail to TCP.

You access your TCP account online, and you set it to "hold" all mail. Then when you arrive in Oz and move into your first rental, you go back into your TCP account, you type in your residential address and tick the box that all mail is to be sent there.

So, your mail then goes from the UK to TCP in Sydney and from there to wherever you are living. Every time you move in Oz, you go back into your TCP account online and simply change the address (or set it to "hold" your mail again).

To set up your account, you sign up online: http://www.travellers.com.au/Austral...4/Default.aspx

Last edited by ozhappy981; Feb 4th 2010 at 11:35 pm.
Old Feb 4th 2010, 11:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks I emailed them through there site contact us area but they still haven't got back to me.
Not sure what you mean. To set up a TCP account, you do it all online:
http://www.travellers.com.au/Austral...4/Default.aspx

Scroll down and click on the big "Let's Go" button.
Old Feb 5th 2010, 1:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Thanks
I know someone setting up a similar service in Adelaide which allows you to view your mail online as well as having it sent on, would this be of interest to you?

If so I am sure I can find out the details.

Regards,

Lau x
Old Feb 5th 2010, 1:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

I know someone setting up a similar service in Adelaide which allows you to view your mail online as well as having it sent on, so all in all offering a far better service

PM me for the link

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.