Possible visas for us?!

Old Jul 23rd 2014, 11:01 am
Just Joined

daz4225 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Possible visas for us?!

Hi, this is my first post on the website so I'm sorry if I have posted this thread in the wrong place. Basically me and my partner are looking to emigrate to Australia in the next couple of years. A working holiday visa is not an option for us as I have already had one when I was 19. So basically my question is, what visas are the best option for us to take? I myself work as a mechanical fitter and my partner will be a fully qualified primary school teacher as of next year. Obviously we want the move to be as cheap as possible regarding visas ect. My partners auntie has emigrated and now has her residency. Would she be able to do some sort of sponsor for us to get out there? Thank you very much in advance for taking time to help.
Daz.
Old Jul 24th 2014, 12:59 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Possible visas for us?!

The starting point would be immi.gov.au and start calculating your points. Your occupation is on the skills list, so all good there. You need a minimum of 60. Many people find they need to do ILETS (a English test) to get points.

Then look at the skills assessment required for your occupation. Only the main applicant needs it, and I would suggest that will be yourself.

Be aware visas and migration is not a cheap process. It is going to cost thousands. Then you need to budget for living costs until you can find work. Several months for yourself. Given there are a lot of unemployed primary school teachers in Oz, your partner may take a lot longer.
Old Jul 24th 2014, 8:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Possible visas for us?!

Originally Posted by daz4225
Hi, this is my first post on the website so I'm sorry if I have posted this thread in the wrong place. Basically me and my partner are looking to emigrate to Australia in the next couple of years. A working holiday visa is not an option for us as I have already had one when I was 19. So basically my question is, what visas are the best option for us to take? I myself work as a mechanical fitter and my partner will be a fully qualified primary school teacher as of next year. Obviously we want the move to be as cheap as possible regarding visas ect. My partners auntie has emigrated and now has her residency. Would she be able to do some sort of sponsor for us to get out there? Thank you very much in advance for taking time to help.
Daz.
Well WHVs are holiday visas not emigrating visas so not too much problem there. An auntie is not much use when it comes to emigrating, even if you did qualify for family sponsorship, it means a far worse quality of visa and you are much better off without it.

VS has indicated that you occupation is on the skilled occupation list. Primary teacher is only on the CSOL which means it requires state sponsorship and not many states do sponsor due to an over supply of primary teachers. She might not meet the criteria anyway as a newly qualified.

So I guess you need to go to Australian Government Department of Immigration and Border Protection and read about the 189 or 190 visas with you as the main applicant. You should look into skills assessment and the points test too.

"Obviously you want the move as cheap as possible". Well not obvious at all actually, the only thing obvious to me is that migrating is a pretty expensive process.