Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is it possible to get the Job before movie to Australia?

Is it possible to get the Job before movie to Australia?

Old Jun 16th 2010, 4:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is it possible to get the Job before movie to Australia?

We have not moved to Australia, we are still living in Blighty. We just went to Australia to validate the visa but now we are home again.
Old Jun 16th 2010, 4:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

imranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
We have not moved to Australia, we are still living in Blighty. We just went to Australia to validate the visa but now we are home again.
Enjoy at home town B.S.
I love my homeTown too. (Because I never got my visa. )
Old Jun 16th 2010, 5:34 pm
Account Closed

aman_sharma2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by imranprogrammer
Enjoy at home town B.S.
Getting job in AUS is not easy task. Until unless you have local AUS exp, be ready for a tough time!

AUS market is very different than India ( I think you are from India). Its very competitive. Even if you get PR and land there...make sure you have backup plans for at least 6 months!

I am SAP consultant..it's a highly skilled profession. I have also PR. I am trying to get a job in AUS from last 6 months. But response is not +ve. After applying for at least 500 jobs, got response from only around 10 agents..was able to secure only one.( actually that also missed because I could not join within in one week's time). After that again no response at all.
Old Jun 16th 2010, 5:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

imranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aman_sharma2k1
Getting job in AUS is not easy task. Until unless you have local AUS exp, be ready for a tough time!

AUS market is very different than India ( I think you are from India). Its very competitive. Even if you get PR and land there...make sure you have backup plans for at least 6 months!

I am SAP consultant..it's a highly skilled profession. I have also PR. I am trying to get a job in AUS from last 6 months. But response is not +ve. After applying for at least 500 jobs, got response from only around 10 agents..was able to secure only one.( actually that also missed because I could not join within in one week's time). After that again no response at all.
Very sad to hear that
My friend went to UK and he was able to get 4 job offers in london within one week and accepted one of them. Situation seems to be weird. However that also depends on one's occupation. He was Dotnet expert and there are alot of dotnet jobs in UK. However I have no idea of software development jobs especially dotnet in Australia.
How much backup plan is required (in $$$) for a couple to survive for 6 months atleast. ??

Last edited by imranprogrammer; Jun 16th 2010 at 7:03 pm.
Old Jun 17th 2010, 2:00 am
BE Forum Addict

hoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Well said Aman. I think you will find that once you are here it will be much easier and the agents will be much more willing to talk. We've just hired someone who had been in the country only 3 weeks - apparently there was quite a few applications from people with PR but who weren't in Australia yet - every single one of them went into the rubbish bin.
Old Jun 17th 2010, 7:02 am
BE Enthusiast

wilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of light

Enjoy at home town B.S.
OMG! Imran, have you been refused your visa or is it just the way it reads on BE?
Old Jun 17th 2010, 7:32 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by wilson01
OMG! Imran, have you been refused your visa or is it just the way it reads on BE?
He has not got the visa yet!! He is still waiting...
Old Jun 17th 2010, 7:37 am
BE Forum Addict

How do you know I have been refused.
To be honest this is my first visa application ever and I am very much hopeful. Cheers wilson.
Old Jun 17th 2010, 7:49 am
BE Enthusiast

wilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of light

He has not got the visa yet!! He is still waiting...
Haha, the shame i was totally gutted for him but happy again now

How do you know I have been refused.
To be honest this is my first visa application ever and I am very much hopeful. Cheers wilson.
I don't know Its the way you wrote in on here. You wrote that you never got your visa so it seemed like you were refused it Basically a misunderstanding on my part, I will have to learn how to interpret better I think what you meant to say was "I still havn't got my visa" rather than "i never got my visa" Anyway, im happy you are still in the game and im sure it wont be long till you get the great news
Old Jun 17th 2010, 8:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Haha, the shame i was totally gutted for him but happy again now

I don't know Its the way you wrote in on here. You wrote that you never got your visa so it seemed like you were refused it Basically a misunderstanding on my part, I will have to learn how to interpret better I think what you meant to say was "I still havn't got my visa" rather than "i never got my visa" Anyway, im happy you are still in the game and im sure it wont be long till you get the great news
Thanks Wilson.
That is not your misunderstanding. Infact that is my poor english which caused misperception. By the way I am taking classes of english so that I could make you understand properly when I am in Australia.
Old Jun 17th 2010, 11:46 am
BE Enthusiast

man_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to behold

Plenty of people with PR living in Australia for years doing other type of work before they actually secure a job in their industry, local Australian experience is the key.

But its all part & partial of the fun of moving to a new and exciting country.
Old Jun 17th 2010, 11:49 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by man_called_Horse
Plenty of people with PR living in Australia for years doing other type of work before they actually secure a job in their industry, local Australian experience is the key.

But its all part & partial of the fun of moving to a new and exciting country.
yup excitement is there...but how someone can again work in their profession after a gap of few years! I forget everything even if I am out of touch for few months!
Old Jun 17th 2010, 11:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

yup excitement is there...but how someone can again work in their profession after a gap of few years! I forget everything even if I am out of touch for few months!
I agree. And I can't see how working as a taxi driver in Australia for two years would provide me with the necessary "local experience" to equip me for the Australian accountancy profession.
Old Jun 17th 2010, 12:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

man_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
I agree. And I can't see how working as a taxi driver in Australia for two years would provide me with the necessary "local experience" to equip me for the Australian accountancy profession.
Funny you should bring that subject up, 2 years of taxi driving can really improve one's spoken English or should I say Australian . Bermuda I reckon you will alright so no taxi driving for you
Old Jun 17th 2010, 12:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by man_called_Horse
Funny you should bring that subject up, 2 years of taxi driving can really improve one's spoken English or should I say Australian .
The taxi drivers I encountered must have been fresh off the plane then.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.