Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Possible Brisbane Meet????

Possible Brisbane Meet????

Old Nov 7th 2003, 8:30 am
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all
Default Re: Possible Brisbane Meet????

Originally posted by Pollyana
There seem to be a lot of you out there are already here, or in the process of moving to the Brisbane/Sunshine Coast/Gold Coast area, so Mrs Dagboy and I were wondering how many people would be interested in a meet?
If enough people are up for it, we were thinking of Sunday December 7th or December 14th, possibly in Wynnum, cos its reasonably easy to reach and theres loads of room for the kids to run around, and gorgeous views over the water.

I know some of you are arriving early next year, so don't worry you won't miss out cos we'll have one then too!

Anyone out there fancy the idea???? Or got any alternative suggestions???
Bloody hell Polly, I don't think you've been there a week yet and already you're knocking the troops into shape. I'll be there for the early next year meet if it comes off.
Old Nov 7th 2003, 9:09 am
Forum Regular

liz and mark is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi we arrived 10 days ago and would be up for the meet

Mark, Lizzie and 2 kids
Hi to everyone here hope everyone is finding it as good as us.
Old Nov 7th 2003, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

cookies is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow.....just come back on line from 2 days away and things have certainly moved on.....the more the merrier!

Is there a fovourite date for people - 7 or 14 Dec 03? We have no preference at all - both equally good.

Regards

Steve
Old Nov 7th 2003, 10:50 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Wow! Lots more people out there than it looked like at first!

Shall I stick my neck out and suggest the 7th December??? Anyone out there for whom that isn't suitable, shout!

Now whats gone wrong with the weather - I come to Brissie, and it rains!!!!
Old Nov 8th 2003, 12:22 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Wow! Lots more people out there than it looked like at first!

Shall I stick my neck out and suggest the 7th December??? Anyone out there for whom that isn't suitable, shout!

Now whats gone wrong with the weather - I come to Brissie, and it rains!!!!
Not raining here, hasn't rained all morning, you must just live in the wrong suburb . Seriously, a bit overcast here, but no rain.

Quite a few now Polly! My turn to stick my neck out, if no one else honestly has a preference, we would probably slightly prefer the 14th, because of a work xmas party on the 6th. NOT that the party itself will be a hassle ie we wont be particularly hung over or anything, but the kids are having a sleepover at a friends that night & therefore will have to be picked up the next morning & are likely to be very cranky from lack of sleep!

BUT, if theres any reason that others dont want to have it on the 14th & would prefer the 7th then thats fine too. Its only a slight preference for us.

I know that some people have said they dont care, as Polly & Steve have said, is there anyone out there that does?

Last edited by MrsDagboy; Nov 8th 2003 at 12:34 am.
Old Nov 8th 2003, 1:12 am
Rocket Scientist

MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by MrsDagboy
Not raining here, hasn't rained all morning, you must just live in the wrong suburb . Seriously, a bit overcast here, but no rain.
Spoke too soon, about 15 mins after I posted that, the heavens opened up & now its pouring!

Take it back!!
Old Nov 8th 2003, 1:30 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

We'll aim for the 14th then Mrs D! Last thing we want is cranky kids...!!!
Looks like a good crowd.

Not raining here now, just overcast ( got me out of this mroning's long walk though!!)
Old Nov 8th 2003, 5:22 am
dmf
Forum Regular

dmf will become famous soon enough

Hi, been off line for a while - just noticed this post. We would be interested in coming along too - 14th no prob. Myself, husband and twins aged 7. They will have finished at school by then ready for summer holidays! Doesn't seem right so close to Christmas - can't get my head around to the idea of preparing for Christmas.

Sounds good anyway, Dawn
Old Nov 8th 2003, 7:35 am
Forum Regular

Prestons is an unknown quantity at this point

The 14th is probably better for us too as we arrive on the 3rd so we'll have a chance to recover from the jet lag!

Dawn
Old Nov 9th 2003, 11:53 pm
Rocket Scientist

Popping this back up to the top for anyone elses comments
Old Nov 10th 2003, 1:48 am
Forum Regular

jwatsonoz will become famous soon enough

When:
14 dec should be ok for me. I need to check with my wife because she is nurse and works dumb hours

what about the what,where?
Old Nov 10th 2003, 2:53 am
Just Joined

Amyinbrisbane is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Possible Brisbane Meet????

Hi Pollyana - and anyone else who may be in the Brisbane/Sunshine/Gold Coast area

I'm in Brisbane working on a BBC show which follows a British family moving abroad to show the kind of experiences they have, both ups and downs, while fulfilling their dreams of living in another country.

While following our featured family, we're also looking for other British people who've moved here who may have had similar or very different experiences. The idea is for viewers to learn as much as possible about what it is to move to this part of the world from the UK.

We would love to hear from anyone British, now living in the Brisbane and the surrounding area who could talk to us about their experiences.

You can email me on [email protected] or call me on:
04 005 388 84.

Hope to talk to you soon!

Amy

There seem to be a lot of you out there are already here, or in the process of moving to the Brisbane/Sunshine Coast/Gold Coast area, so Mrs Dagboy and I were wondering how many people would be interested in a meet?
If enough people are up for it, we were thinking of Sunday December 7th or December 14th, possibly in Wynnum, cos its reasonably easy to reach and theres loads of room for the kids to run around, and gorgeous views over the water.

I know some of you are arriving early next year, so don't worry you won't miss out cos we'll have one then too!

Anyone out there fancy the idea???? Or got any alternative suggestions???
Old Nov 10th 2003, 5:22 am
Home and Happy

Amy,
14th December, foreshore at Wynnum! Mixture of Expats and Aussies - why not come along as I think everyone has different stories to tell?
Old Nov 10th 2003, 9:28 am
Forum Regular

dobbo is an unknown quantity at this point

hi all
the 14th sounds ok to us as hopefully we will be staying in Brisbane after going up to Noosa for a week or so. Cant wait to
meet you all

julie marty and 4 kids
Old Nov 10th 2003, 9:37 am
Rocket Scientist

Originally posted by jwatsonoz
When:
14 dec should be ok for me. I need to check with my wife because she is nurse and works dumb hours

what about the what,where?
Jason, it will be at Wynnum on the foreshore, right across the road from the Pelicans Nest (takeaway store) near the small beach. If you go to the esplanade, either end, & drive, you cant miss it. Time we will sort when we have a firm date from everyone (looking good for 14th), but probably a lunchtime BBQ, everyone bring their own food?

Suit everyone?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.