Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Possible Brisbane Meet????

Possible Brisbane Meet????

Old Nov 5th 2003, 10:31 pm
Forum Regular

rachels is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Pollyana
My thoughts exactly Rachel! Unlike the Dagboys, I'll have only been here a couple of months by Christmas, so I'm expecting it to be a bit quiet, which is one reason why a meet before Christmas sounds good.
Keep your eyes on the forum, and we'll keep you up to speed!

Fantastic, thanks!
Old Nov 5th 2003, 11:00 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Great rachels .

I think we had better start a list, at least for the Dec one, & I will add people to it as they say yes or no.

Moved it to the last page, so that people can keep an eye on it more easily

Last edited by MrsDagboy; Nov 8th 2003 at 12:30 am.
Old Nov 5th 2003, 11:03 pm
Forum Regular

rachels is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE]Originally posted by MrsDagboy

rachels - Mr & Mrs (I think you are the couple at Qld uni? with no kids if Im right)

Yes, you're right, no ankle biters as yet. I'm at Qld Uni, he's down the mines keeping me in garibaldis (the Aussie alternative anyway).
Old Nov 5th 2003, 11:14 pm
Rocket Scientist

MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by rachels
Yes, you're right, no ankle biters as yet. I'm at Qld Uni, he's down the mines keeping me in garibaldis (the Aussie alternative anyway).
Good memory
Old Nov 6th 2003, 2:47 am
Forum Regular

anthonykirby is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Add 2 to the total///

Add me and Zo to that list guys !

Its been a long time coming...

Also ask Jeztechs and Gav B - they will want to come along I am sure. Jeztechs is coming to rolling rock tonight in Noosa to watch me DJing - pretty bizarre to come all this way and uk people as friends still.
Old Nov 6th 2003, 4:19 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Was hoping you'd spot it Anthony! Having agonised with you and Zoe all through your application it'd be great to meet you!
Get in touch with anyone else you know - we discovered in the UK that the more there are, the merrier!
As you say it is weird coming all this way and ending up with Pommie mates - the good thing is that there are so many Pom-Aussie marriages around that we are getting a good mix of both. And its not restricted to Poms and Aussies of course (before anyone takes offence!) - all welcome!
Old Nov 6th 2003, 5:26 am
Forum Regular

topcat is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone,
Hopefully this will work now (apologies if the same message appears four times). I too am interested in a Brisbane meet. I've been browsing for some time and many of my questions were answered (thanks to all who post), but now I'm here I'd like to contribute, particularly as there are fewer posts covering some of the things relevant for those here temporarily.

So what brings me here? Well my job basically. I'll be at UQ for the next couple of years before moving on. Since arriving at the beginning of October I've been sorting out accomodation, furniture etc. and am only now starting to get settled. I'll put something up re tips for cheap furniture hunting soon.

It'd be great to meet up with some fellow Brits, particularly as friends and family are a good 10,000 miles away and Christmas will seem very odd. It'll be hot for one!

TC (Clare in real life)
Old Nov 6th 2003, 7:19 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Clare,
Glad you fancy joining us! Christmas will certianly seem very odd - hope we all manage to make it a bit easier for each other....
Old Nov 6th 2003, 8:42 am
Just Joined

kcsb17 is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE]Originally posted by MrsDagboy

KCSB, are S & B boys or girls? we have identical boys, aged 5 (almost 6 ).....

Hi Mrs DB,

S&B are both boys - very unidentical, in fact they hate being twins almost all the time. Would love to meet your little ones next year. There seem to be a lot of people with twins here at the moment.

K
Old Nov 6th 2003, 11:08 am
Ev'n'John

Originally posted by MrsDagboy
Great rachels .

I think we had better start a list, at least for the Dec one, & I will add people to it as they say yes or no.

So far we have for Dec-

Dagboys - Mr, Mrs +2kids
Polly & the Bloke
Cookies - Mr, Mrs +4kids
dobbo - Mrs + family
Prestons - Mr, Mrs & kids
rachels - Mr & Mrs (I think you are the couple at Qld uni? with no kids if Im right)
Anthony & Zoe
Topcat (Clare)

Possibles

jwatsonoz
gbarker

Dont be shy, we dont bite ...... well not hard anyway .

Hi all!

I'm afraid we've never been regular posters on this forum but like to check in from time to time!

We arrived in Brisbane at the beginning of October and are now renting in Wellington Point, so a meet up in Wynnum in December would be great! We are Evelyn and John and have two little 'uns - aged nearly 4 and nearly 2!

Looking forward to meeting you all.....

Regards,
Evelyn.

Old Nov 6th 2003, 11:27 am
Happy mum of 2 Aussies

Wanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to behold

Sigh - if only!!! Still waiting for the visa. (
Never mind - hopefully there will be more meets next year, and I WILL go to one when I get there.
See ya all there!

W.

P.S. Pollyanna - you still want a harley for your big day? Let me know.
Old Nov 6th 2003, 11:35 am
Rocket Scientist

K, yep there do seem to be quite a few people with twins. Ours will like to meet yours Im sure!

Evelyn, good to hear from so many new people that dont usually post much, everyone's welcome
Old Nov 6th 2003, 7:56 pm
Home and Happy

Hi Wanderlust - Harley situation is under debate at present - I was told yesterday I should go by pushbike cos its cheaper (and cos I think he'd been reading the thread about fat-bottomed girls!)! Will let you know.....!
Old Nov 7th 2003, 6:40 am
Forum Regular

jwatsonoz will become famous soon enough

can you please move me up to a very probable?

Jason(jwatsonoz) & Catja (Mr & Mrs, no kids)

Perhaps you would be kind enough to email me on jwatsonoz(at)yahoo.com when the details are set? Thanks.

we will be away from 20 dec for a couple of weeks.
Old Nov 7th 2003, 6:50 am
Rocket Scientist

Originally posted by jwatsonoz
can you please move me up to a very probable?

Jason(jwatsonoz) & Catja (Mr & Mrs, no kids)

Perhaps you would be kind enough to email me on jwatsonoz(at)yahoo.com when the details are set? Thanks.

we will be away from 20 dec for a couple of weeks.
No probs Jason . From dec 20 or nov?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.