Reload this Page >

A Positive Thread

A Positive Thread

Old Aug 24th 2005, 3:09 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: A Positive Thread

Originally Posted by Brisben
I like this thread it is very positive and spurs me on to succeed...Thanks.

Go Ben, Go Ben - raaa raa raa
Old Aug 24th 2005, 3:12 pm
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by floweroscotland
Hi Evereyone,

Came on to read the posts this morning and was dissapointed at the amount of depressing threads. Lots about people not settling and wanting to go home, I really feel for these people because I know what a struggle it can be to move to another country and what real homesickness feels like, but I just want to say to everyone that it's an individual thing, and my time in Australia (18 months) has been the best time of my life, of course I have had ups and downs, and days I could just give up and go home, but i'm so glad I never gave up.

I have a fantastic lifestyle here, it doesn't even compare to the life I had at home. I have watched my kids flourish since we came here, me and my hubby couldn't be any closer and everything we do is family orientated. I miss my family very much in Scotland, but I would still never go back to live, when I see the life we have made here.

We have met fantastic friends from this site which makes it so much easier to settle as we compare a lot of things, as we sit outside in the heat, BBQ and a few beers, things like this I appreciate about living in this wonderful country.

Everyone has down days but thats when you turn to your partner or friends and pull each other up along the way. I get in the car and go and sit on the beach and appreciate the chance I have been given.

I just want everyone to know thats new here and coming, to give it your best shot, of course it won't work out for some of you but at least you can say you gave it your best. If you don't give it a chance you really don't know what your missing, I can't wait to become an Australian Citizen, and more and more this really does feel like home to me now. Only advice I can really give, is you have to make friends, adults as well as the kids, as this has been a major part of us settling so well here. I wouldn't swap it for the world. If you want this new life bad enough you will make it work, just don't come here and salg the place off because it hasn't got this and that, you have to adapt to the Australian way of life, which is very laid back.

Good luck to everyone, live the Dream

Lisa
I met up with Lisa, Dave (Dicko), and a few others when out in Oz recently, and can see how good they have it! ....

I just want some myself! ....

Good on ya Lisa!

(oh and thanks for the offer of the BBQ by the way Dave, but sorry couldn't get a sitter for the dog that night! ... )
Old Aug 24th 2005, 3:35 pm
Forum Regular

Pinkyfox is a jewel in the roughPinkyfox is a jewel in the roughPinkyfox is a jewel in the roughPinkyfox is a jewel in the roughPinkyfox is a jewel in the rough

It is nice to read a positive post, especially in this cold wet windy day, in Bournemouth!! Gives us all hope!

Is it time for Wine yet??? Ok beer will do!!
Old Aug 24th 2005, 5:11 pm
Account Closed

Vic&jase is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for that wonderful post!

Jason and I only discovered this site a few nights ago and already we are hooked. We are at the 'waiting for TRA response' stage and very excited. A few posts have made us question our intentions again (as you continually do when emigrating) even though we are not stupid and do not think that is the land of milk and honey. It was refreshing to read your post on this very miserable day back here in London and has given me a smile too so thanks heaps xxx.

All I will add is that each time we weigh up the pros and cons, Oz wins. Personally, we cannot wait to live in a 'boring' suburb with a bit of space around us and not backed up to someones extension upon extension, be outdoors most evenings and be a short drive from a beach (that is a 3 hour journey for us currently). And I cannot wait for it to be just us four for a while, until we all find new friends. I think that will be a priceless opportunity that so many miss out on. Yes it will be an adventure and it may not work out but we are going for it (if they will have us)!

Vic of Vic&Jase xx
Old Aug 24th 2005, 5:27 pm
Account Closed

suzy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Vic&jase
Thanks for that wonderful post!

Jason and I only discovered this site a few nights ago and already we are hooked. We are at the 'waiting for TRA response' stage and very excited. A few posts have made us question our intentions again (as you continually do when emigrating) even though we are not stupid and do not think that is the land of milk and honey. It was refreshing to read your post on this very miserable day back here in London and has given me a smile too so thanks heaps xxx.

All I will add is that each time we weigh up the pros and cons, Oz wins. Personally, we cannot wait to live in a 'boring' suburb with a bit of space around us and not backed up to someones extension upon extension, be outdoors most evenings and be a short drive from a beach (that is a 3 hour journey for us currently). And I cannot wait for it to be just us four for a while, until we all find new friends. I think that will be a priceless opportunity that so many miss out on. Yes it will be an adventure and it may not work out but we are going for it (if they will have us)!

Vic of Vic&Jase xx

My thoughts entirely

suzy
Old Aug 24th 2005, 6:56 pm
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute

nice one !!!!
Old Aug 24th 2005, 9:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

floweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to behold

I'm glad i've made some people smile , i'm just fed up of reading so many negative things recently and it does get you down, but it's not the way we all think of Australia. The icing on the cake for me was going to New Zealand and coming through customs and the officer said to us "welcome home"!!! I said to my hubby yeah we are home!!! its such a fantastic feeling. Scotland will always be in my heart, but when I need a shake I think of the cold wet days and the kids being inside all the time. When I wake up here to the sun shining almost everyday and the beach 10 mins away then it puts everything into perspective for me.

I'm surprised no one posted that I must have rose tinted glasses lol!!! (except you Dicko!! but your allowed as you feel the same about the GC). Don't take too many of the negative posts to heart on here, if I did I would never have taken the chance, i'm so glad i followed my own heart and went for it! and I wouldn't change a thing. As I sit here and write this the sun is shining through my windows, its going to be another hot 80's today!!! awwwww it's so good to be in Australia

Lisa

Last edited by floweroscotland; Aug 24th 2005 at 10:02 pm.
Old Aug 24th 2005, 10:26 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Evereyone,

Came on to read the posts this morning and was dissapointed at the amount of depressing threads. Lots about people not settling and wanting to go home, I really feel for these people because I know what a struggle it can be to move to another country and what real homesickness feels like, but I just want to say to everyone that it's an individual thing, and my time in Australia (18 months) has been the best time of my life, of course I have had ups and downs, and days I could just give up and go home, but i'm so glad I never gave up.

I have a fantastic lifestyle here, it doesn't even compare to the life I had at home. I have watched my kids flourish since we came here, me and my hubby couldn't be any closer and everything we do is family orientated. I miss my family very much in Scotland, but I would still never go back to live, when I see the life we have made here.

We have met fantastic friends from this site which makes it so much easier to settle as we compare a lot of things, as we sit outside in the heat, BBQ and a few beers, things like this I appreciate about living in this wonderful country.

Everyone has down days but thats when you turn to your partner or friends and pull each other up along the way. I get in the car and go and sit on the beach and appreciate the chance I have been given.

I just want everyone to know thats new here and coming, to give it your best shot, of course it won't work out for some of you but at least you can say you gave it your best. If you don't give it a chance you really don't know what your missing, I can't wait to become an Australian Citizen, and more and more this really does feel like home to me now. Only advice I can really give, is you have to make friends, adults as well as the kids, as this has been a major part of us settling so well here. I wouldn't swap it for the world. If you want this new life bad enough you will make it work, just don't come here and salg the place off because it hasn't got this and that, you have to adapt to the Australian way of life, which is very laid back.

Good luck to everyone, live the Dream

Lisa
u can talk some pish sometimes
nice post lisa, ive not seen one like this for a while now. lifes what u make it pal
but u make us feel as if our life is shite lol
Old Aug 24th 2005, 10:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Flutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud of

What a great start to my day. Reading good people posting good things!

You all deserve a big hug. I'm good at those, but my arms aint big enough.

(((((((((((((((((((((BE))))))))))))))))))))))))))) ))))))
Old Aug 24th 2005, 10:35 pm
Forum Regular

beebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nice

I'm glad i've made some people smile , i'm just fed up of reading so many negative things recently and it does get you down, but it's not the way we all think of Australia. The icing on the cake for me was going to New Zealand and coming through customs and the officer said to us "welcome home"!!! I said to my hubby yeah we are home!!! its such a fantastic feeling. Scotland will always be in my heart, but when I need a shake I think of the cold wet days and the kids being inside all the time. When I wake up here to the sun shining almost everyday and the beach 10 mins away then it puts everything into perspective for me.

I'm surprised no one posted that I must have rose tinted glasses lol!!! (except you Dicko!! but your allowed as you feel the same about the GC). Don't take too many of the negative posts to heart on here, if I did I would never have taken the chance, i'm so glad i followed my own heart and went for it! and I wouldn't change a thing. As I sit here and write this the sun is shining through my windows, its going to be another hot 80's today!!! awwwww it's so good to be in Australia

Lisa
loved your post
give it a go! thats we will be doing in 4 weeks time. we know it will be hard at first but if we dont try we will never know..
we are chomping at the bit to get out there and experience it all, and then settle down to a new life and exciting adventure.
i am taking some piccies of the local "chav town - Dewsbury" to remind me of what ive left behind when i feel "homesick"
Old Aug 25th 2005, 3:01 am
BE Enthusiast

floweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by soapy
u can talk some pish sometimes
nice post lisa, ive not seen one like this for a while now. lifes what u make it pal
but u make us feel as if our life is shite lol
Lmao Soapy I do talk pish!! watching too much chewin the fat!!! hurry up and get up here and you can join us on a Saturday night when we're full of and all talkin pish!!!
You know your only coming to the Gold Coast cause you wanna be in our gang!! the rose tinted spectacles we're called!!!
Old Aug 25th 2005, 7:05 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Lisa
Hi Lisa

WOW! It really brings it home how lucky we are to even be able to consider such a lifestyle in australia! It also makes me realise what pish I talk to everyone when I start raving about Australia! LOL Especially the GC!!!!! LOL

I LOVE AUSTRALIA!!!!!

Can't wait to meet you & all the other GC peeps!
Old Aug 25th 2005, 7:31 am
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute

Lmao Soapy I do talk pish!! watching too much chewin the fat!!! hurry up and get up here and you can join us on a Saturday night when we're full of and all talkin pish!!!
You know your only coming to the Gold Coast cause you wanna be in our gang!! the rose tinted spectacles we're called!!!
I wanna be in your gang!

I love reading your posts so keep them coming.