Port Macquarie

Old Feb 3rd 2008, 3:13 pm
Forum Regular

Dawn Romaine is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Port Macquarie

Just been offered a job in Port Macquarie, any info on schools and way of life would be wonderful,

Dawn
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 8:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

quercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Port Macquarie

Bumping this for you Dawn, as there are people from there on here.

It was on my shortlist and I've visited a couple of times. A very nice place to bring up children, I should think. Q
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 8:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Potato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to behold

PM is one of the most boring places I've stayed at. OK beach, but the whole place feels like a retirement village and trying to find some decent nightly entertainment is near impossible. I could not think of anything worse than having to live there. I would prefer Coffs Harbour if I was looking for a medium sized town by the beach in NSW.
Old Feb 4th 2008, 7:49 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for the comments, two very differing views, will have to see for myself
when i get out there
Old Feb 4th 2008, 10:11 am
Forum Regular

aussiedude will become famous soon enough

Hi there,

We are also thinking of heading towards Port Macquarie in about a months time, we are due to get married in Port Macquarie in April, if we can't settle in Port then we will probably move up to Coffs? We would prefer a laid back lifestyle we are not into Nightclubbing.

When are you going?
Old Feb 4th 2008, 10:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Potato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by aussiedude
Hi there,

We are also thinking of heading towards Port Macquarie in about a months time, we are due to get married in Port Macquarie in April, if we can't settle in Port then we will probably move up to Coffs? We would prefer a laid back lifestyle we are not into Nightclubbing.

When are you going?
I was more referring to decent places to eat out, a decent pub for the odd drink and just a general "vibe". A laid back lifestyle doesn't have to mean dead boring. PM has a large population of retirees which doesn't help matters. It's more suited to over 55's.
Old Feb 4th 2008, 10:31 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for that. It is hard for us as we have to be on the ball as we need to find rental accomodation for us as well as 4 dogs so we are constantly keeping an eye on rental availablility with agents etc. But Coffs certainly seems to tick a lot more boxes, Especially as my partner surfs. Appreciate the info.
Old Feb 4th 2008, 10:42 am
Forum Regular

OZ2GO is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Dawn Romaine
Just been offered a job in Port Macquarie, any info on schools and way of life would be wonderful,

Dawn
Hi Dawn

We visited Port Macquarie in 2006 and thought it was a lovely town. On a visit to the beach some of the local high school kids were on a field trip and all seemed to be having a great time. (Port Macquarie High School has a really good website). Ok it might not be the centre of where the buzz is, but I thought it had a lovely atmosphere and the people in the shops and banks were really friendly. There is a shopping mall a few minutes out of the town and that seemed busy enough. What job will you be doing there?

Sue
Old Feb 4th 2008, 11:41 am
Kate,Mark,Jack and Scott

sunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to all

hi dawn,
we are also thinking of settling in Port M. oh is there now and says it lovely. if you google Port Mcquarie Aus you will find tons of info. could you tell me what you do and how you got your job offer. I was trying monster but they keep offering me local jobs.
kate
Old Feb 4th 2008, 12:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Vin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to behold

I doubt that you will get a rental which allows 4 dogs ...unless you get acreage. Most councils only allow a maximum of 2 dogs
I really like Port Macquarie.

Last edited by Vin 'n Bin; Feb 4th 2008 at 12:56 pm.
Old Feb 4th 2008, 1:57 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for that, we have actually been looking at acerage. As for policies we have all that in hand so no worries there.

But than you for your advice.
Old Feb 4th 2008, 3:24 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for all the great information. I have been offered a job in the local hospital as a midwife, just sent off all docs and will apply for my visas shortly. Im not too bothered about the nightlife, just a gentle relaxing place thats safe and ideal for my children to grow up in. It will make a change from the rush rush of here.

Would love to meet up with anybody when we get there, and appreciate any further info

Dawn
Old Feb 5th 2008, 2:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for that
You're welcome.

But than you for your advice.
Any time.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 4:27 am
Aussie lost in the UK

AndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya, I am an asutralian who grew up in Taree (about an hour form Port Mac) - lots of my family live at Port so I know the place well.

It's a pretty good place for family life, great beaches and a few small shopping centres. Really is a terrific place to live day in day out (consider how many thousands of people pay hundreds to holiday there for a few weeks every year).

Lots of up-sides if you like an outdoorsy, quiet life.

Downsides:

can be busy in summer - tourists everywhere.
Doesn't have many of the servics you would be used to from larger cities (international airport, shopping and so on).

Although there are now cheap flights from Brissy and Sydney on a regular basis!

Overall I'd say its a pretty nice place!

If you are going to live there consider buying near Bonny Hills/Laureton way - gorgeous area with amazing houses and still quite affordable - you can get some nice places RIGHT ON the beach there with great views up and down the coast - and only 15 mins to Port for your shopping and work etc.

Trust me, you'll love it!
Old Feb 5th 2008, 8:45 am
Kate,Mark,Jack and Scott

sunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to all

thanks Andy
sounds just what were looking for.
kate

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.