Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Pool Fence and Dyna Bolts

Pool Fence and Dyna Bolts

Old Jul 7th 2008, 9:44 am
Forum Regular

showdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really nice
Default Pool Fence and Dyna Bolts

Hi all

I'm currently having a pool built and to save some money I'm installing the fence myself.

The fence will be part glass, part aluminium fence panels. which will run around the edge of the concrete slab my house is built on (see picture).

The posts will be secured using stainless steel dyna bolts (M10x50), What I would like to know is what is the minimum edge distance on the concrete, so the concrete does not break and remain safe.

Thanks
showdan
Attached Thumbnails Pool Fence and Dyna Bolts-pool.jpg  
Old Jul 7th 2008, 9:52 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pool Fence and Dyna Bolts

Don't know but I think screw bolts are more gentle with the concrete .

Originally Posted by showdan
Hi all

I'm currently having a pool built and to save some money I'm installing the fence myself.

The fence will be part glass, part aluminium fence panels. which will run around the edge of the concrete slab my house is built on (see picture).

The posts will be secured using stainless steel dyna bolts (M10x50), What I would like to know is what is the minimum edge distance on the concrete, so the concrete does not break and remain safe.

Thanks
showdan
Old Jul 24th 2008, 1:39 pm
Just Joined

sparkytoadie is an unknown quantity at this point

i would use chemical anchor
nice stainless steel domenuts would looks heaps neater

dynabolts are just plain yuk and the will come loose over time

do it once and do it rite

drill slowly and bigger holes will depend on the closeness, however it will also depend on the greenness of your concrete and quality
Old Jul 24th 2008, 8:54 pm
Forum Regular

showdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really nice

Thanks for all the advice.

Already put it up using the dynabolts, looks pretty good if I do say so my self. The dynabolts look ok, they are the flush head type, not the ones where the stud sticks up.

showdan