Reload this Page >

Police and medical checks requested for de facto visa

Police and medical checks requested for de facto visa

Old Feb 15th 2018, 9:09 am
Just Joined

sharpy96 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Police and medical checks requested for de facto visa

Hey guys!
So my partner and I submitted our application two weeks ago, and I’ve received correspondence requesting a couple of forms/bits of paper work... and police and medical checks.

So I won’t lie I have been a nervous wreck since I submitted my application so I’m looking for a little piece of mind. Is it a good sign they are requesting police and medical checks? Would they request them if there was a major flaw in our application? As I’m sure you guys are aware that police and medical checks will be around £350.

Additionally, what’s the rough waiting time between when you submit the checks and when a decision is made on your visa? The website said processing time is 11-15 months but to receive correspondence after 2 weeks asking for your medical/police checks makes that estimate seem long.

Being a nervous Nancy and new to this any input would be very appreciated!!

Thank you!

Last edited by sharpy96; Feb 15th 2018 at 9:17 am.
Old Feb 15th 2018, 9:14 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Police and medical checks requested for de facto visa

Originally Posted by sharpy96
Hey guys!
So my partner and I submitted our application two weeks ago, and I’ve received correspondence requesting a couple of forms/bits of paper work... and police and medical checks.

So I won’t lie I have been a nervous wreck since I submitted my application so I’m looking for a little piece of mind. Is it a good sign they are requesting police and medical checks? Would they request them if there was a major flaw in our application?

Additionally, what’s the rough waiting time between when you submit the checks and when a decision is made on your visa? The website said processing time is 11-15 months but to receive correspondence after 2 weeks asking for your medical/police checks makes that estimate seem long.

Being a nervous Nancy and new to this any input would be very appreciated!!

Thank you!
Which visa and where are you applying?
Old Feb 15th 2018, 9:17 am
Just Joined

sharpy96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Which visa and where are you applying?
Sorry I thought it was posted in the Aus section lol should’ve been more specific.

The de facto partner temporary visa for Australia, applied 2 weeks ago offshore.
Old Feb 15th 2018, 9:29 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sharpy96
Sorry I thought it was posted in the Aus section lol should’ve been more specific.

The de facto partner temporary visa for Australia, applied 2 weeks ago offshore.
It is in the Aus section but every visa has a differing timeline, and can be affected by where you apply

Offshore Spouse (309/100) timelines are really quick at the moment, some grants have been reported in only 2-3 months, so you might just be lucky
Its a good sign if they have requested the pcc and meds, though you still aren't home and dry of course. Get them done and you might not have too long a wait.