Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Poisonous animals of Australia

Poisonous animals of Australia

Old Jun 12th 2010, 4:53 pm
Forum Regular

Sushimania will become famous soon enoughSushimania will become famous soon enough
Default Poisonous animals of Australia

How common is it to have a run in with poisonous animals of Australia? Thanks
Old Jun 12th 2010, 6:29 pm
Banned

Bijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Poisonous animals of Australia

Do you mean human or arachnid?
Old Jun 12th 2010, 9:14 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sushimania
forget the poisonous aniamls and concentrate on the roads thats where aussies die in droves
Old Jun 12th 2010, 9:17 pm
Banned

LongshoreDrifter is an unknown quantity at this point

Have got redbacks in my garden.
Old Jun 12th 2010, 9:40 pm
Forum Regular

ExSmoggie is just really niceExSmoggie is just really niceExSmoggie is just really niceExSmoggie is just really niceExSmoggie is just really niceExSmoggie is just really niceExSmoggie is just really niceExSmoggie is just really niceExSmoggie is just really niceExSmoggie is just really niceExSmoggie is just really nice

In my experience, not that common. I've lived here 5 years and lived in various places including Central QLD and country NSW. I'm often out walking my dogs etc and in all that time have only seen one snake and no poisonous spiders.

Having said that, I don't go walking through long grass here, don't touch anything covered in cobwebs, don't swim in the sea in various parts during stinger season and don't go swimming out beyond where most swimmers are in potential shark waters!
Old Jun 12th 2010, 9:41 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: Poisonous animals of Australia

Some of the ex-pats can be highly poisonous.
Old Jun 12th 2010, 10:04 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Some of the ex-pats can be highly poisonous.

as i said earlier watch the roads

http://www.sydney100.com/snakes-spiders-sharks.htm
Old Jun 12th 2010, 11:53 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by steve`o
forget the poisonous aniamls and concentrate on the roads thats where aussies die in droves
The 2006 statistics figure of Road deaths per 100 million vehicle kilometres travelled, for both countries are:
0.4 Australian Capital Territory, Australia
0.6 Victoria, Australia
0.6 United Kingdom
0.7 Queensland, Australia
Not that much different...

Old Jun 12th 2010, 11:54 pm
ABCDiamond

If you live in a city, or normal residential suburbs, very rare to have problems, but if you live out in the bush you could see them daily.

After 18 years here, I still say that the UK was worse for me for poisonous snakes.

Old Jun 13th 2010, 12:15 am
Banned

LongshoreDrifter is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
The 2006 statistics figure of Road deaths per 100 million vehicle kilometres travelled, for both countries are:

Old Jun 13th 2010, 1:14 am
Worongary

i think you missed my point abc
i was showing that next to the supposedly "killer wildlife" in Au that the roads were in fact a much more dangerous place
Old Jun 13th 2010, 1:52 am
BE Enthusiast

rocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to behold

Found this interesting

http://australianmuseum.net.au/Spider-facts
Old Jun 13th 2010, 1:56 am
BE Enthusiast

rocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to behold

but always look under your toilet seat for one of these just incase

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_KCm8fGFe0J...s400/pider.jpg
Old Jun 13th 2010, 2:03 am
Forum Regular

CrunchieFrog has much to be proud ofCrunchieFrog has much to be proud ofCrunchieFrog has much to be proud ofCrunchieFrog has much to be proud ofCrunchieFrog has much to be proud ofCrunchieFrog has much to be proud ofCrunchieFrog has much to be proud ofCrunchieFrog has much to be proud ofCrunchieFrog has much to be proud ofCrunchieFrog has much to be proud ofCrunchieFrog has much to be proud of

Why did you only show half of the data set from your own source ?

* 0.4 Australian Capital Territory, Australia
* 0.6 Victoria, Australia
* 0.6 United Kingdom
* 0.7 Queensland, Australia
* 0.8 New South Wales, Australia
* 0.8 South Australia
* 0.9 Western Australia
* 1.1 Tasmania, Australia
* 2.6 Northern Territory, Australia
Old Jun 13th 2010, 2:26 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CrunchieFrog
Why did you only show half of the data set from your own source ?

* 0.4 Australian Capital Territory, Australia
* 0.6 Victoria, Australia
* 0.6 United Kingdom
* 0.7 Queensland, Australia
* 0.8 New South Wales, Australia
* 0.8 South Australia
* 0.9 Western Australia
* 1.1 Tasmania, Australia
* 2.6 Northern Territory, Australia
because that was the cut-off point for where his stats looked good. Lies, damned lies and statistics and all that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.