Reload this Page >

Plumbing liscense in Queensland

Plumbing liscense in Queensland

Old Jan 15th 2015, 9:15 am
Just Joined

Harley87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Plumbing liscense in Queensland

Hi all,
Im hoping to move to Queensland towards the end of this year ona 189 visa with my partner and son.
Im a plumber and gas engineer in the UK and was wondring if anyone on here is a plumber living in Queensland who can give me some advice on obtaining a plumbing liscense there once I arrive. I'd like to know what courses ill have to take, how long for and how much they'll cost me if possible.
Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 15th 2015, 9:56 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Plumbing liscense in Queensland

Originally Posted by Harley87
Hi all,
Im hoping to move to Queensland towards the end of this year ona 189 visa with my partner and son.
Im a plumber and gas engineer in the UK and was wondring if anyone on here is a plumber living in Queensland who can give me some advice on obtaining a plumbing liscense there once I arrive. I'd like to know what courses ill have to take, how long for and how much they'll cost me if possible.
Thanks in advance.
Have you had your skills assessed for OTSR or are you coming on your partners skills?

Plumbing not really my thing, but if it's anything like sparks you'll have to go back to working with supervision possibly.
Old Jan 15th 2015, 1:15 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Have you had your skills assessed for OTSR or are you coming on your partners skills?

Plumbing not really my thing, but if it's anything like sparks you'll have to go back to working with supervision possibly.
I completed my Vetassess assessment at the beginning of December and passed. I got my certificate just before christmas.
If I have to be supervised do you have any idea how long for?
Thanks
Old Jan 15th 2015, 6:12 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Harley87
I completed my Vetassess assessment at the beginning of December and passed. I got my certificate just before christmas.
If I have to be supervised do you have any idea how long for?
Thanks
For sparks it's one year but I'm not up on the requirements for plumbers.

There is a plumbers section - Plumbers - British Expats - but it seems a bit quiet down there but may be worth asking. I'm having trouble with a slow pc so can't find the pages for licensing in QLD but trying google. I think you'll be able to get a restricted license with the OTSR which allows you to work as an employee (doesn't seem to mention supervision so may be good) and sign up to whatever gap training that's needed.

Sorry can't help more - hopefully one of the plumbers on here will pass by soon
Old Jan 15th 2015, 6:59 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
For sparks it's one year but I'm not up on the requirements for plumbers.

There is a plumbers section - Plumbers - British Expats - but it seems a bit quiet down there but may be worth asking. I'm having trouble with a slow pc so can't find the pages for licensing in QLD but trying google. I think you'll be able to get a restricted license with the OTSR which allows you to work as an employee (doesn't seem to mention supervision so may be good) and sign up to whatever gap training that's needed.

Sorry can't help more - hopefully one of the plumbers on here will pass by soon
Thanks very much pal. Ill have a look now.