Reload this Page >

Plumber/gas fitter moving to australia

Plumber/gas fitter moving to australia

Old Apr 9th 2011, 8:47 am
Just Joined

bgarlo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Plumber/gas fitter moving to australia

hi everyone

I am currently a selfemployed plumbing & heating engineer in east yorkshire,england. I am moving to australia in september not sure which part yet that all depends on where i can find work.

I was looking for some information on what i would need to do to help me find work in my profession, even though I will do any job when I get there until I have sort out what is needed to become a plumber.

any help would be very grateful

Ben
Old Apr 10th 2011, 12:39 am
BE Enthusiast

What_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really nice
Default Re: Plumber/gas fitter moving to australia

Originally Posted by bgarlo
hi everyone

I am currently a selfemployed plumbing & heating engineer in east yorkshire,england. I am moving to australia in september not sure which part yet that all depends on where i can find work.

I was looking for some information on what i would need to do to help me find work in my profession, even though I will do any job when I get there until I have sort out what is needed to become a plumber.

Ben
Selfemployed hey, in NSW to get a contractors licence you will need to work for someone else for at least two years, before you can get your own contractors licence.

Heating engingeer hey, not many of those in Australia, I assume with in this you do gas as well, if that being the case, call yourself a gas engineer or Gas Plumber in OZ.

Moving to Australia in September hey, good on ya, further down you go the colder it gets, more chance of using your heating engineer skills, such as warm air units, they have started to install wet back systems in Camberra.

Looking for info hey, well that depends on what your coming with, are you getting a licence in the UK first? If you have NVQ'S etc, you can get those recognised in some states, such as QLD. Your advantage with that is less TAFE, for some reason everyone who comes to Australia seems to have to attend TAFE (College)

If your able to move to any state, check with the Licensing bodies of each state to see which one is easier for you to get your licences, once you have a licence, under the licence recognition you can get a licence in any other state, eg get a licence in QDL the get it recognised in NSW (you no longer have to work for someone else for two years)

James
Old Apr 10th 2011, 2:25 am
BE Forum Addict

HelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond repute

Have a look at the plumbers' thread: http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=119
Old Apr 10th 2011, 5:29 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bgarlo
hi everyone

Ben
What visa do have that will let you move to Australia in September? On another thread you were talking about coming on a tourist visa and looking for a sponsor. You're not going to find work of any kind without sorting out your visa situation first.
Old Apr 22nd 2011, 8:01 pm
Just Joined

Benjamin lagden is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dorothy
What visa do have that will let you move to Australia in September? On another thread you were talking about coming on a tourist visa and looking for a sponsor. You're not going to find work of any kind without sorting out your visa situation first.
hi I am a 36 year old plumbing and heating engineer nvq level 3 and city and guilds, i also have my gas acs qualifications and water regs.

I have just seperated from my gf of 5 years and looking for a fresh start can anyone please advise me what the best route is for me to get a visa , a job and permanent residency in oz i dont have family or friends there but i have made my mind up to go. there are lots of firms online but i am not sure if they are legitimate please help

Thanks
Ben
Old Apr 22nd 2011, 10:45 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Benjamin lagden
hi I am a 36 year old plumbing and heating engineer nvq level 3 and city and guilds, i also have my gas acs qualifications and water regs.

I have just seperated from my gf of 5 years and looking for a fresh start can anyone please advise me what the best route is for me to get a visa , a job and permanent residency in oz i dont have family or friends there but i have made my mind up to go. there are lots of firms online but i am not sure if they are legitimate please help

Thanks
Ben
Have a look at www.immi.gov.au which is the Immigratino Dept's website, and that will give you an idea of what you should be looking at