Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

please help dog freaked in crate n they took him off plane!!need advice before monday

please help dog freaked in crate n they took him off plane!!need advice before monday

Old Apr 1st 2008, 1:26 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: please help dog freaked in crate n they took him off plane!!need advice before mo

Originally Posted by JoolsB
Yeh but can dogs speak cat?
They can all converse easily with each other. I know this because when I was at Byford the other week, several dogs were having a rowdy party and were yelling rude comments such as 'will the cat in kennel 2 please flash their teats'. This was met with the cats yelling equally rude comments back and I am ashamed to say that my Gordon was in the thick of it all.

Not all pet owners can understand their animals talking, Gobbyjocks dog has a full vocabulary and can not only speak Australian but fluent Scottish as well - I have heard her.

You have to look straight into the eyes of your pet when you tell the off/talk to them and you will hear them answer back - if you don't then I suppose you just cant 'speak cat/dog'.

I am halfway through the story of Gordons adventure to quarantine and his time at Byford and what he and the others got up to.

It will be red hot reading.

(PP goes off to talk to Gobbyjocks dog about the state of the parrots).
Old Apr 1st 2008, 1:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Mally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: please help dog freaked in crate n they took him off plane!!need advice before mo

Originally Posted by ray2gill
I would be very concerned about putting a blanket over the cage in the hold. Whilst animals are carried in the pressurised section of the hold, the blanket could slip and limit air circulation in the cage and he could become overheaded if in an agitated state.
The suggestion of the blanket was for going on the runway, where the dog is scared the most !! Not the entire time of the journey

Any news, did he get off OK, anybody know ?
Old Apr 1st 2008, 1:29 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mally Lass
The suggestion of the blanket was for going on the runway, where the dog is scared the most !! Not the entire time of the journey

Any news, did he get off OK, anybody know ?
fingers crossed that he did. It must be terrifying for pets.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 4:27 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Streaks
with the imagination that PP has, I'm sure something can worked out
Any news!!!
Just hoping he kept calm long enough to be boarded and airborne!!
Fingers still crossed for you xxxxxxx
Old Apr 1st 2008, 5:46 am
Forum Regular

Pommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nice

oh wishing you all the luck. I did not know they would not sedate a dog. My dog is awful in storms & has Acepromazine. I gave her half & within half an hours she is all drowsy & sleepy & most of the next day it really cams her down.

Once a storm came here & she bite through a metel door handle looked like a hammer had been at it. She lost one tooth that was hanging & split her gum . they kept her in the vets that night.

Good luck. I do hope all goes well for you.

Would they not let you administer the drug ?

Last edited by Pommie Aussie; Apr 1st 2008 at 5:49 am.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 6:37 am
off2oz

nursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to all

no they won't let us give the dog anything at all...

well my dog is still in england the flight was full for monday so now flying wed night....hopefully!!!what a trauma this has been...will let you all know on wed if he's on the plane!!my mum spoke to the dog warden n he was with our dog and could hear my boy barking and stuff, so don't think he's very happy there.....bless him he's probably wondering what the hells going on and why we're not with him!!hopefully this time next week he'll be here tho!!

thanks everyone for your help
Old Apr 1st 2008, 6:42 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

No advice to give, katy, just wanted to wish you and your boy the very best of luck.

My 3 kits will be shipped off in 4 weeks; I currently have 3 crates dotted around the lounge and my big boy is sleeping in one (he likes to be enclosed) but the other two are giving them a very wide berth!
Old Apr 1st 2008, 6:48 am
Forum Regular

Pommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nice

Nursekaty

Oh I wish you all the luck for wednesday . I sure hope your dog will be ok. I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

I think its just so nice you are all bringing your pets with you.

I really did not know they would not give them anything when they travel.

SEASIDER.

Good luck with your 3

Last edited by Pommie Aussie; Apr 1st 2008 at 7:03 am.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 6:54 am

Originally Posted by Pommie Aussie
Nursekaty

Oh I wish you all the luck for wednesday . I sure hope your dog will be ok. I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

I think its just so nice you are all bringing your pets with you.

I really did not know they would not give them anything whne they travel.

SEASIDER.

Good luck with your 3

The sedatives can affect their bloody pressure in high altitude and as there is noone allowed in the hold of the plane, there is noone to keep an eye out on them.

Some sedated animals may vomit and that alone poses a risk. I did a days journalism work at the Animal Reception Unit at Heathrow and they said they wont allow sedated animals to fly for this reason.

Heres hoping that this little dog is calm enough to fly when they get him on the plane.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 7:02 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
The sedatives can affect their bloody pressure in high altitude and as there is noone allowed in the hold of the plane, there is noone to keep an eye out on them.

Some sedated animals may vomit and that alone poses a risk. I did a days journalism work at the Animal Reception Unit at Heathrow and they said they wont allow sedated animals to fly for this reason.

Heres hoping that this little dog is calm enough to fly when they get him on the plane.

Hi.professional princess.

Oh Thanks for telling me that. I never knew this. Thinking of it yes. if one was sick from the meds there would be no one there.And as you say with the Altitude. e.t.c..

Thanks

yes I sure hope he will be calm enough so he can fly
Old Apr 1st 2008, 7:32 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't sedate mine for the reasons mentioned above, but my doctor (people doctor!) has recommended Bach's, also mentioned above. I asked my pet movers about it and they said they don't use it. My kits are being picked up on the Monday morning and on the Tuesday night midnight flight so I can't do anything about that.

One thing I don't think I've read about here on BE - they said they put glucose in the water to "feed" the kits. Any of you animal professionals know if this is the norm? TIA.

(All of my friends who have moved animals in and out of Singapore have used the same company, and they have a great reputation.)
Old Apr 1st 2008, 7:54 am
Forum Regular

The Randalls will become famous soon enough

Very very best of luck with getting your staffie away on Wednesday night..
I can't imagine how worried you must be
My two are both crate trained, one is a real wuss and was very frightened of fireworks and thunderstorms, we certainly helped perpetuate that fear too!
But since getting our 2nd Stafford (who is now almost 2 yrs old) she has changed incredibly..
I have no doubt though, whether frightened of storms or not, they will still both be very stressed about the whole experience..
Very best of luck again, and let us know how you get on!
Old Apr 1st 2008, 1:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Seasider
I wouldn't sedate mine for the reasons mentioned above, but my doctor (people doctor!) has recommended Bach's, also mentioned above. I asked my pet movers about it and they said they don't use it. My kits are being picked up on the Monday morning and on the Tuesday night midnight flight so I can't do anything about that.

One thing I don't think I've read about here on BE - they said they put glucose in the water to "feed" the kits. Any of you animal professionals know if this is the norm? TIA.

(All of my friends who have moved animals in and out of Singapore have used the same company, and they have a great reputation.)
Bachs (Flower Remedy) Rescue Remedy is equally good for humans and pets and fine to give. It's not a sedative, but just takes the 'edge' off things. Great also for interviews etc. Most will put a couple of drops in the water, so they get a bit gradually throughout the journey.

Glucose in the water will help make sure they have energy which is slowly released if they don't feel like eating or drinking.

Old Apr 1st 2008, 4:46 pm
Forum Regular

sapphire3 is a jewel in the roughsapphire3 is a jewel in the roughsapphire3 is a jewel in the roughsapphire3 is a jewel in the roughsapphire3 is a jewel in the rough

Sorry, no advice, just sympathy. How traumatic. I do hope your dog is able to fly on Wednesday, please let us know. Fingers crossed for you. Will also say a prayer, probably more effective.

Last edited by sapphire3; Apr 1st 2008 at 4:52 pm.
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 7:38 am
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck for today Katy

Let us know how it goes x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.