Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Planning road trip, Cairns-Gold Coast

Planning road trip, Cairns-Gold Coast

Old Oct 20th 2010, 10:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Planning road trip, Cairns-Gold Coast

Any advice re must see attractions, places to stay etc? Have 2 active older boys.
All good advice will result in the sharing of karma
Old Oct 20th 2010, 11:05 pm
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Planning road trip, Cairns-Gold Coast

Ditch the boys and take me instead!
Old Oct 21st 2010, 2:30 am

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Simpson
Any advice re must see attractions, places to stay etc? Have 2 active older boys.
How long you planning to take it's a few days drive and that's before you start to see anything!

Bundaburg Rum factory, Airlie Beach, Agnes Water's/1770?
Old Oct 21st 2010, 3:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kelli28
How long you planning to take it's a few days drive and that's before you start to see anything!

Bundaburg Rum factory, Airlie Beach, Agnes Water's/1770?
Sorry, will have 15 days. May not go as far as GC, will need to look at drive times & points of interest etc, just trying to guage what there is to see/do first. Definitely want to spend a few days in the Whitsundays though.

PS You get my vote for scariest Halloween avatar that's for sure!
Old Oct 21st 2010, 4:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

If you make it to the GC then...

http://www.qdeck.com.au/VisitorInfor...eatTowers.aspx

We have tickets, but haven't been up yet. Must still go.
Old Oct 21st 2010, 5:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Alfresco
If you make it to the GC then...

http://www.qdeck.com.au/VisitorInfor...eatTowers.aspx

We have tickets, but haven't been up yet. Must still go.
Looks impressive!
Can't send you K though, I need to spread the lurve!
Old Oct 21st 2010, 5:24 am
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

Try and get across to Magnetic Island 8km's off Townsville. We loved it there (went for a daytrip) now planning to spend Xmas and New Year there this year. We stayed in a place called Clairview not much there but its one of the few places you see the ocean from the Bruce Highway. The community centre serves tea and coffee free on a morning so if you are passing during the day worth a stop as the ocean and views are amazing.

A local told us not to swim as there were so many turtles that attract sharks! Well we listened to the local as they tend to know what they are talking about.

Airlie beach, Agnes Water, Bargara, Bundagberg, Hervey Bay are all worth a stop. I really liked Townsville and Ayr too.

Hope this gives you some ideas to be looking into.

Jo
Old Oct 21st 2010, 5:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by joh117
Try and get across to Magnetic Island 8km's off Townsville. We loved it there (went for a daytrip) now planning to spend Xmas and New Year there this year. We stayed in a place called Clairview not much there but its one of the few places you see the ocean from the Bruce Highway. The community centre serves tea and coffee free on a morning so if you are passing during the day worth a stop as the ocean and views are amazing.

A local told us not to swim as there were so many turtles that attract sharks! Well we listened to the local as they tend to know what they are talking about.

Airlie beach, Agnes Water, Bargara, Bundagberg, Hervey Bay are all worth a stop. I really liked Townsville and Ayr too.

Hope this gives you some ideas to be looking into.

Jo
Thanks Jo!
We visited Magnetic Island earlier this year, it's lovely isn't it?
Will have a look at those other places
Old Oct 21st 2010, 5:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Magnetic Island? What's the attraction?

Oh I get it now.
Old Oct 21st 2010, 5:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Magnetic Island? What's the attraction?

Oh I get it now.
You don't get better with age do you????
Old Oct 21st 2010, 5:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

I'm surprised nobodies mentioned the Big Pineapple at Woombye . . . magical . . .
Old Oct 21st 2010, 5:56 am

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

PS You get my vote for scariest Halloween avatar that's for sure!
Changed it for now, I don't like looking at it.
Old Oct 21st 2010, 10:13 am
Forum Regular

pink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of light

nearly gave you places to go in Cairns till I read the post again and guessed you must live here and traveling from here to the GC doh,

So can't really help you except I think Steve Erwins Zoo is down that end i know my 15yr old, 22yr old and her bf 26yr old and me really want to visit there,

have a good trip whatever you end up doing

Last edited by pink13; Oct 21st 2010 at 10:15 am. Reason: forgot to do spell check doh lol
Old Oct 21st 2010, 10:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by pink13
nearly gave you places to go in Cairns till I read the post again and guessed you must live here and traveling from here to the GC doh,

So can't really help you except I think Steve Erwins Zoo is down that end i know my 15yr old, 22yr old and her bf 26yr old and me really want to visit there,

have a good trip whatever you end up doing
Yes, been in Cairns almost 2 years now.
Thanks for reply.
How are you settling in?
Old Oct 21st 2010, 11:23 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Me

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.