Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

A place downunder - where are they all now?

A place downunder - where are they all now?

Old Jun 3rd 2007, 4:56 pm
Just Joined

beckywinsper is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: A place downunder - where are they all now?

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Can I remind posters on this thread that they are talking about real people, some of whom are members of this forum. Personal abuse of the kind in the last few posts will not be tolerated.
If you wish to continue discussing the programme please do it without the insults, otherwise I shall have no option but to close the thread.
Well said
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 5:22 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by annb
Rachels a friend of mine...shes still in the Gold coast, working at TAFE teaching health and fitness....she married someone else 2yrs ago but about 2mths after they got married he ripped her off big time so she isnt any longer married to him...she is a PR now and is doing quite well and keeping clear of men!!
I admire her for staying, it must've been tough. I think she's well shot of Micheal, is it? Was he annoying or what?!!! How are the kids doing?
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 8:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Good on ya Polly When I started this thread I was just curious to know what happened to everyone, I didn't really want to slate them!

I'm sure if most of us were to 'go under the microscope' a few people would think we were strange. I do agree that a few family came out smelling of roses and others, well ... I wouldn't hold it against the though, first impressions are not alway what they seem.

Mandy
Old Jun 4th 2007, 12:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beckywinsper
I admire her for staying, it must've been tough. I think she's well shot of Micheal, is it? Was he annoying or what?!!! How are the kids doing?
I think you've just stated that people shouldn't be having a go at them then there you go having a go at Michael
I recall something about the TV company being on his side and something about his not mentioning or showing his other car (as well as other women) yet when they went to the airport it was in the Merc & he was also shown cleaning it out? Strange that it's ok to put the blame for things on him yet not her

Personally think if you put yourself in the public domain then you're fully aware you'll be open to good and bad comments and will be judged by the viewing public!
Old Jun 4th 2007, 3:04 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Australia_bound?
I think you've just stated that people shouldn't be having a go at them then there you go having a go at Michael
I recall something about the TV company being on his side and something about his not mentioning or showing his other car (as well as other women) yet when they went to the airport it was in the Merc & he was also shown cleaning it out? Strange that it's ok to put the blame for things on him yet not her

Personally think if you put yourself in the public domain then you're fully aware you'll be open to good and bad comments and will be judged by the viewing public!
Thats no excuse for some of the nastiness that has been posted. The programme can be discussed without the need to resort to insults.
Old Jun 4th 2007, 5:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Thats no excuse for some of the nastiness that has been posted. The programme can be discussed without the need to resort to insults.
I agree.
I was not excusing the uncalled for nasty comments, I simply stated don't put your life on TV and then moan about how people perceive you and how it's all been edited etc etc etc
Also sticking up for poor Michael, had plenty of faults but wasn't the only one to blame in my opinion. Shame he never posted his version of events, would have made a good read
Old Jun 4th 2007, 6:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

emmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud of

This programme is 5 years old! Im sure everyone on it has changed a bit now!

Last edited by emmyjc1; Jun 4th 2007 at 6:34 pm.
Old Jun 4th 2007, 6:57 pm
Just Joined

RachaelW is an unknown quantity at this point

The Ashtons who were on the Adelaide show have now emigrated a few months back.
R.
Old Jun 4th 2007, 8:22 pm
Des
Des

Des is just really niceDes is just really niceDes is just really niceDes is just really niceDes is just really niceDes is just really niceDes is just really niceDes is just really niceDes is just really nice

Originally Posted by RachaelW
The Ashtons who were on the Adelaide show have now emigrated a few months back.
R.
Which ones are the Ashtons ???
Old Jun 4th 2007, 8:46 pm
Just Joined

RachaelW is an unknown quantity at this point

They were a family of three - mum, dad and little girl. Dad was a bricklayer. They went to Adelaide - obviously. The girl went swimming with dolphins then didn't like it. That's all I can remember.
R
Old Jun 5th 2007, 1:45 pm
Just Joined

leftfieldlover is on a distinguished road

I watched all of those programmes when they were on in January/February - I was off sick for weeks with a smashed up arm Would love to see an update of them all. Some families were more impressive than others. Does anyone remember the dentist or the butcher?
Old Jun 5th 2007, 2:50 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by leftfieldlover
I watched all of those programmes when they were on in January/February - I was off sick for weeks with a smashed up arm Would love to see an update of them all. Some families were more impressive than others. Does anyone remember the dentist or the butcher?
I am friends with the butcher and his wife and they are now here in Perth and loving their new life so far. They have just bought their own house and he has already had a promotion at work. Lovely family.
Old Jun 5th 2007, 3:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Coppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of light

I felt sorry for both michael and rachel. Think they were just too different. Although I think when michael said "we're not acting like a couple, we just seem to be two people who have got used to living with each other" kinda summed it up quite well. I know that feeling . . .

And oh yes, Lorraine was great, and so were the Vorsters. Is Joe Singleton really a monk?
Old Jun 5th 2007, 7:32 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by leftfieldlover
Are you talking about 'Wanted' Down Under, which was presented by Nadia Sawalha and was on at the beginning part of the year? I really enjoyed that programme, a good insight into what it's really like to emigrate to the other side of the world!!
Old Jun 5th 2007, 7:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

s-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond repute

yep would love a proper update of both programs..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.