Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

A place downunder - where are they all now?

A place downunder - where are they all now?

Old May 22nd 2007, 2:34 pm
Forum Regular

mrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to all
Default Re: A place downunder - where are they all now?

i think its good to watch these programmes as you see the way different people cope with australia,i can relate to a lot that the skeggs family said as i said them myself!!
as to these programmes being like soap operas and only showing bits of the whole recording then it takes soap stars to act on these programmes,
anyone knows that if you go on these programmes the producers cut them to their requirements to get the viewers to watch .
if you dont want to look bad on these programmes that we all love to watch!dont go on them,simple as that.
Old May 22nd 2007, 2:58 pm
Forum Regular

Bonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to all

Originally Posted by moneypen20
. It is pure entertainment and you enjoyed it - it's not real life, get over it.

surely it IS real life? that's the point, it was their lives.

whats your obsession with soaps anyway?

Don't you get out much? shame

Last edited by Bonnybute; May 22nd 2007 at 3:00 pm. Reason: spelling .. again
Old May 22nd 2007, 3:51 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bonnybute

surely it IS real life? that's the point, it was their lives.
I don't see how it can be REAL life, considering how it was edited.

They edited it to make people appear in a particular way.

Gina
Old May 22nd 2007, 3:52 pm
Forum Regular

Bonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to all

Originally Posted by GinaUK

Gina

Oh I see now.

I didn't realise they were actors, and they were following scripts. I thought it was a fly on the wall type thing, not a soap.

sorry my mistake

Last edited by Bonnybute; May 22nd 2007 at 3:55 pm. Reason: spelling.. again
Old May 22nd 2007, 3:55 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NickyC
You don't know half of it. Don't be fooled into thinking you know these people or the true story. The real story of the Russells was nothing like that portrayed - frankly she was lucky to be rid of him.
As far as I am concerned, it's Michael who came across as horrible. When the family was first introduced it was said that Michael and Rachel had been together for 8 years. Well that meant he'd known Indigo since he was 3 years old and Esme since she was 8 years old.

But he clearly had no relationship with them and no affection for them.

Big clue there ....

Gina
Old May 22nd 2007, 4:01 pm
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

Oh I see now.

I didn't realise they were actors, and they were following scripts. I thought it was a fly on the wall type thing, not a soap.

sorry my mistake
They are not actors, nor are you seeing their lives 24 hrs a day 7 days a week. The film company will condense and cut as they see fit to appeal to the widest market - people being nice is boring, no-one remembers boring, if no-one remembers the programme the tv company is out of a job. They did a good number on this programme obviously because all these years later we still remember Mandy Skeggs & the lady from Bath (can`t remember her name).
Old May 22nd 2007, 4:03 pm
Forum Regular

I really enjoyed it, real or not, they were great viewing, ALL of them.
Old May 22nd 2007, 4:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

mum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to all

I really enjoyed it, real or not, they were great viewing, ALL of them.
are channel 4 gonna show the update at the end too, i missed this one and would like to know.
Old May 22nd 2007, 7:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond repute

And what happened to the lady and her family who was on todays show? Zena I think her name was, the family moved to Sidney but her son went home after 4 days

Mandy
Old May 22nd 2007, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

stela is just really nicestela is just really nicestela is just really nicestela is just really nicestela is just really nicestela is just really nicestela is just really nicestela is just really nicestela is just really nicestela is just really nice
Talking Re: A place downunder - where are they all now?

Originally Posted by herrchook
I seem to recall reading somewhere that he was allegedly having an affair whilst the show was being filmed

Well, I take it all back:.To think all this time, i thought she seemed a right control freak.. just goes to show, you should not believe all they portray on the tv . But surly she would have seen the footage before it went out on air, and said to the producers 'look your making me look a right b**** on tv'. all to get the ratings up alas, great show tho, wish it would come back on:rofl. Lorraine was great.

Stela
Old May 22nd 2007, 8:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

debbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to behold

hi

i know this is not related to australia but we were filmed on a 'fly on the wall' documentary in the NHS (can Gerry Robson save it!)

we were all mortified as to the final result and to the previous poster we had no idea what was going to be shown... for 6 months filming and following us all arround and asking innocent or in depth questions we tried our best..,tried to be honest whilst seeing the bigger picture etc.... but chuffin ell the crap that came out :curse:

nothing that we wanted highlighting or discussing was shown and little soundbites taken as gospel we where in shock.

the tv programmes are currently looking for more families to film and i for one will stay clear..the move will be hard enough without the added pressure of being filmed with no say over the final edit......no way

p.s it all makes good veiwing though

debbie
Old May 22nd 2007, 8:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scrawni 2
And what happened to the lady and her family who was on todays show? Zena I think her name was, the family moved to Sidney but her son went home after 4 days

Mandy
I'm sure they did an update and they all came home
Old May 31st 2007, 1:46 pm
Des
Des

Des is just really niceDes is just really niceDes is just really niceDes is just really niceDes is just really niceDes is just really niceDes is just really niceDes is just really niceDes is just really nice

Originally Posted by mattyuk
what and where is the update forum? soz quite new to this site...
cheers
matt
Hi

Just wondering what happened to the Welsh family who went to Melbourne has anyone heard or seen them . Did they eventually stay for good?

Des
Old May 31st 2007, 10:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GinaUK

Gina
Do you state this as a fact (as in you were part of the production team?).
Or as how some people who've been on the show and seen what an arse they look then blame editing?
Surely you can only edit so much and people in the show did not have scripts it was their own words and actions that made them appear in a bad light!
Old May 31st 2007, 11:08 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Australia_bound?
Do you state this as a fact (as in you were part of the production team?).
Or as how some people who've been on the show and seen what an arse they look then blame editing?
Surely you can only edit so much and people in the show did not have scripts it was their own words and actions that made them appear in a bad light!
Sometimes, and I know this as friends appeared on Wanted Down Under, there would be a 10 min conversation with the production team and only 2 mins were shown. The 2 minutes could them be taken out of context completely if the rest of the conversation was not heard.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.