Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

A place downunder - where are they all now?

A place downunder - where are they all now?

Old May 19th 2007, 7:57 am
Forum Regular

Bonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to all
Default Re: A place downunder - where are they all now?

Originally Posted by fnord
Here's Rachel's side of the story which appears to suggest they were aware of his affair and it wasn't the first.

Thanks for that insight, great read ..

but hasn't changed my opinions though.

We leave for Oz on Friday 25th May, and can't wait
Old May 19th 2007, 9:46 am
Forum Regular

annb has a brilliant futureannb has a brilliant futureannb has a brilliant futureannb has a brilliant futureannb has a brilliant futureannb has a brilliant future

Rachels a friend of mine...shes still in the Gold coast, working at TAFE teaching health and fitness....she married someone else 2yrs ago but about 2mths after they got married he ripped her off big time so she isnt any longer married to him...she is a PR now and is doing quite well and keeping clear of men!!
Old May 19th 2007, 10:01 am
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annb
Rachels a friend of mine...shes still in the Gold coast, working at TAFE teaching health and fitness....she married someone else 2yrs ago but about 2mths after they got married he ripped her off big time so she isnt any longer married to him...she is a PR now and is doing quite well and keeping clear of men!!
gosh, she doesn't have a lot of luck does she! Best steering clear of men by the sounds of it!
Old May 19th 2007, 10:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Scrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annb
Bloody hell, where does she get them from I'm glad things have worked out for her in the end.

The one that made me laugh was Mandy from Perth, she came across as a right moaner but she obviously felt home sick and things seem ten times worse when you feel like that.

What about the Welsh family, anyone know what happened to them? I know she was missing the pub crawls

Mandy
Old May 19th 2007, 2:33 pm
Just Joined

orchids is just really niceorchids is just really niceorchids is just really niceorchids is just really niceorchids is just really niceorchids is just really niceorchids is just really niceorchids is just really nice

what happend to the skeggs the lady that moaned alot, is she still in perth
Old May 19th 2007, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

mrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to all

yes id love to know what happened to the lady in perth that was a midwife?
Old May 20th 2007, 1:42 am
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

I think the Skeggs are still in Perth,

Someone mentioned seeing them on a thread in the Barbie (something to do with who have you met - famous people, or something like that)

I do remember seeing a thread/post regarding the Tassie lot too, some one went into the shop (you know the man that fished) and they are still there, working together, quite happy,

I'll have a gander and see if i can find the threads (don't hold your breath though)

ok, hope this works

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ife+down+under

thats got the bit in about the Tassie family

Last edited by Sam; May 20th 2007 at 1:46 am.
Old May 20th 2007, 8:19 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

If anyone believes the reality shows are showing people in their true light, I guess they must also believe that the soaps are realistic. What is seen on these new lives/lives down under etc are half hour or one hour shows made up of several weeks filming. They are not going to show everyone all happy clappy even if they were, they want to show stress, daft comments etc.
Old May 20th 2007, 3:59 pm
Forum Regular

Bonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to all

Originally Posted by moneypen20
If anyone believes the reality shows are showing people in their true light, I guess they must also believe that the soaps are realistic. What is seen on these new lives/lives down under etc are half hour or one hour shows made up of several weeks filming. They are not going to show everyone all happy clappy even if they were, they want to show stress, daft comments etc.

That's a bit harsh
Old May 20th 2007, 4:29 pm
Forum Regular

Loiner has a brilliant futureLoiner has a brilliant futureLoiner has a brilliant futureLoiner has a brilliant futureLoiner has a brilliant futureLoiner has a brilliant futureLoiner has a brilliant future

Mind you I think anyone that actually signs up to doing one of these shows needs their head looking at. My friend tried to get us to do one once (she in TV) and we just laughed at her because we knew we would either look like complete spanners or worse. I think it is naive to think your dirty laundry is not going to be aired in public.
Old May 20th 2007, 4:31 pm
Forum Regular

love that word, "spanners" lol lol lol lol lol
Old May 20th 2007, 4:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fnord
I had always felt there was something not quite right about the relationship as presented. Something suggested he was a bit "passive-aggressive". But who really knows; TV can be edited in all manner of ways to make the good guys look bad and vice versa.

Here's Rachel's side of the story which appears to suggest they were aware of his affair and it wasn't the first.
Is there a thread for his side of the story?????

Would probably buy into that more!
Old May 20th 2007, 5:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

s-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, just read the post that Racheal made after the first airing of the series..... Gutted........ I feel awful for calling them a bit of a nightmare, but was just going on what i've seen..

Hope she's doing well now though.......... S-j xx
Old May 20th 2007, 8:01 pm

cinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by curly
Lorraine, the one with the 4th husband and 2 kids. They've all got their citizenship now.
Glad to hear they are all doing well, I had wondered.
Old May 21st 2007, 12:56 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bonnybute
That's a bit harsh
Why is it harsh It's fact. Just because they are "real" people doesn't make the programmes any less soap-like. The programme producers produce something that will be watched. I should think more people watched the Skeggs or Rachel because of the so called behaviour and comments than if they had shown what really happened. It's TV

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.